*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/forums/message_id/2942659
Rated: ASR · Message Forum · Fanfiction · #1710273
A Forum for authors and members who love Jane Austen.
<< Previous  •  Message List  •  Next >>
Reply  •  Post New
Mar 3, 2016 at 9:11am
Re: Re: How do WE compare?
by ~Minja~
I don't think there's a different meaning of being accomplished woman between now and then also. I only think that different things were observed under 'a necessary for woman'. I think that learning needlework, singing, playing piano, running a household, knowing more than one language has the same amount of effort like at woman nowadays who has to be successful in business and her work career- professionalism.

It's just that now is different time and things has to be different of course, we have to follow what's modern. Imagine it like this: you know how before a women who wear pants were not called a ladies, or if they were not riding a horse with both legs on one side. Nowadays we have the same 'issues' but in a different ways. Today we have gays and lesbians, we have transgenders also who are not really accepted in society because they are not "normal", they don't do things as per order, the way it suppose to be.

So, I just wanna say that it's not really that things changed like you said. The only what changed is concept of modern society. *Smile*

** Images For Use By Upgraded+ Only **

Helpful links for newbies
*Pointright*"Writing.Com 101*Pointleft*
*Pointright*"Invalid Item*Pointleft*
*Pointright*"Invalid Item*Pointleft*
MESSAGE THREAD
How do WE compare? · 03-02-16 8:07am
by amyjo-Keeping it real and fun!
Re: How do WE compare? · 03-02-16 10:36am
by Princess Megan Rose GOT Fox
Re: How do WE compare? · 03-02-16 3:57pm
by eyestar~*
*Star* Re: Re: How do WE compare? · 03-03-16 9:11am
by ~Minja~
Re: How do WE compare? · 03-31-16 2:01pm
by Kit of House Lannister

The following section applies to this forum item as a whole, not this individual post.
Any feedback sent through it will go to the forum's owner, Princess Megan Rose GOT Fox.
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/forums/message_id/2942659