Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/forums/message_id/3139973
Rated: ASR · Message Forum · Experience · #1426495
What are you reading?
<< Previous  •  Message List  •  Next >>
Reply  •  Post New
Oct 20, 2017 at 7:45pm
Edited: October 20, 2017 at 7:47pm
Re: Stephen And Owen King's Sleeping Beauties
In regards with Sleeping Beauties that's what I thought, at the beginning... Especially in the state penitentiary... It really blossomed to quite a wonderful story. I enjoyed the loveable, breathable environment and the cast of characters that were unique in each of their own eccentricities. It really was a signature novel by Stephen King and son. I took the misfortunate liberty of checking reviews of the book before reading and just as quick regretted it, because I was completely absorbed and enthralled. Sleeping Beauties was a book I could comfortably slip into and read, and get myself away from the pains and struggles of real life. I guess that's why I love reading King so much. Despite how much he brings us into the nightmares of his own world, that same world contains shining characters, down to earth prose, and a juvenile sense of humor about his own self. Also, everything seems believable, if not at least relatable, and he writes in a sense of complete honesty... I ended the book feeling fulfilled, that it was worth my time reading. I was very grateful for having the privilege of reading the book, and also glad that he shared the story with his avid fans. It is so disconcerting that others are more critical of his work. What do they expect? He's King!

* when I mean "juvenile", it kind of relates to something one of the members of my bookclub said about The Shining, was that King had a great way of creating believable children, that he somehow saw the world through Danny's eyes. I would go so much to say that, yes, King has that special gift, but also the more I read him, the more I picture him having a playful childish side about himself that he acts younger at times than his age dictates, but at the same time having the wisdom and intelligence of a great seer. He is a very mysterious person, Stephen King. I cannot wait to see what he comes up with next.
MESSAGE THREAD
Stephen And Owen King's Sleeping Beauties · 10-02-17 5:43pm
by Angus
*Star* Re: Stephen And Owen King's Sleeping Beauties · 10-20-17 7:45pm
by Dalimer Corwyn

The following section applies to this forum item as a whole, not this individual post.
Any feedback sent through it will go to the forum's owner, § Forsaken §.
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/forums/message_id/3139973