*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/forums/message_id/3271467
Rated: ASR · Message Forum · Writing.Com · #102362
Drop your new ideas into the Writing.Com Suggestion Box!
<< Previous  •  Message List  •  Next >>
Reply  •  Post New
May 18, 2019 at 9:26am
*Idea*Make Cleaners Anonymous
by ruwth
The StoryMaster ,

Yesterday, I got a notification that my plug for "Twenty-Five Words or Less had been pulled from "Writing Contests @ Writing.Com. The email notification came directly from northernwrites.

You may remember, Northernwrites blocked me last year. I was shocked and saddened when I realized she had done that and I had no idea why she had blocked me. Today, I realized why she probably made that decision.

It was most likely because I bugged the tar out of her because I want to promote "Twenty-Five Words or Less on "Writing Contests @ Writing.Com.

Last year, I kept making changes and making changes and trying again and again to meet the requirements for posting it as a contest versus an activity. Northernwrites was the mod who was pulling my post from the contest page and because the Notice came from her email address INSTEAD of Writing.Com Support , I ended up interacting directly with her when I responded to the message.

Because I was persistent and determined to fix whatever was wrong with my contest, she most likely got tired of hearing from me and blocked me. I did not find out she had blocked me til much later because I just gave up and shut down the contest leaving the forum as a Read-Only item.

Well, I recently decided to try again. I made changes and posted a plug for my contest on "Twenty-Five Words or Less. It was pulled again.

Once again, the email came directly from Northernwrites.

Had I not been blocked by her, I likely would have emailed her my questions about what I needed to change in my item to be able to plug it on "Twenty-Five Words or Less. Instead, I wrote this *Heartp*Please Help! from Plug Page Help .

Well, coincidentally, Northernwrites was the person to respond to my query—and I realized our communications about this matter last year were the last I remember having with her before she blocked me.

Had the notice of the plug being pulled come from Writing.Com Support and given her anonymity, I would not have been pestering her about it and, most likely she would not have felt it necessary to block me.

Anyways, I have had mods pull a Scroll post or two. I may have suspected which mod did it but those messages came from Writing.Com Support .

Can you set up the plug pages like that so the notice of a plug being pulled comes from Writing.Com Support instead of the cleaner monitoring the page at the time so no mod in the future gets flooded with questions that would be better posted on "Plug Page Help?

I wish I had thought to post there last year INSTEAD of corresponding by email with northernwrites. I apologize for bugging her about this matter via email last year. I really wish she would consider unblocking me. Being blocked makes me sad... *HeartBroken*

Ideas, Ideas, Ideas...
MESSAGE THREAD
*Star*
*Idea*Make Cleaners Anonymous · 05-18-19 9:26am
by ruwth
Re: Make Cleaners Anonymous · 05-18-19 11:24am
by Schnujo is Late to Lannister
Re: Make Cleaners Anonymous · 05-21-19 5:07am
by Whata SpoonStealer

The following section applies to this forum item as a whole, not this individual post.
Any feedback sent through it will go to the forum's owner, The StoryMistress.
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/forums/message_id/3271467