*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/forums/message_id/3271757
Rated: ASR · Message Forum · Writing.Com · #102362
Drop your new ideas into the Writing.Com Suggestion Box!
<< Previous  •  Message List  •  Next >>
Reply  •  Post New
May 19, 2019 at 9:28pm
Re: Re: Contests Should Allow Book or Forum Entries
Sorry this seems out of the blue, Elisa the Bunny Stik. It's from other conversations on the site involving Mods and contest owners.

Here's the link you wanted. https://www.writing.com/main/books/action/view/entry_id/794829 I didn't think to include it because I assumed only Mods and/or SM would read it since they were involved in the conversation. Good to know other folks do as well. *Smile* I've dropped by from time to time to see what suggestions are out there, but haven't in a while. Thanks for reading and commenting.

The context regarding this suggestion involves some contests being kicked off the Contest page because they allowed entries that weren't just an "item/bitem" entry. I thought that was unfair and suggested we change that. So, now the rule is that if you are a free or basic member and have limited space in your port, you are now allowed to post directly in the forum (if the contest allows) and the contests allowing this will be allowed to advertise on the Contest page.

In addition, it was suggested that people could make an "archive" item where they copy and paste their entries after the contest so they can hold a number of writing pieces under 1 item. Then they can have another item that they simply recycle for contest use, erasing the item over and over. That was a pretty smart idea I wouldn't have thought of. *Smile*

In the end, the contests that allow posting in the forum are, so long as they limit it to free or basic members with limited space (not sure how that last part is determined), now allowed to be considered contests and not simply an activity. Contests that had been advertised on the Contest page (in one case, for several years) were suddenly removed because this breaking of the rules was suddenly discovered, but they have now been allowed to return, with a tweaking of the rules, so it's all good. *Bigsmile*

Apparently folks are no longer allowed to have their stuff off-site for a contest. Oh well. Hopefully it won't be needed in the future...or they can just call it an activity instead of a contest. *Wink* I judge a contest regularly and have judged a few others and haven't run into the problem of ratings. I wonder if it's just something that people have gotten used to over time or if we just have had different experiences. I'm glad it's not a rampant issue anymore...to my knowledge. lol I know it happens sometimes. In fact, as a newbie, I did it once. *Blush* But I'm not sure it happens a lot these days, which is good. Maybe most of the community has gotten good at staying within the set parameters...we can hope! *Laugh*

Thanks for stopping by! Have a great week!

FORUM
The Contest Challenge  (13+)
Join by entering a contest a month for 12 months--Win Badges! Catching up is allowed!
#2109126 by Schnujo is Late to Lannister

Technically, they aren't supposed to be called that, but everyone does.  They're "ID tags"
MESSAGE THREAD
Contests Should Allow Book or Forum Entries · 05-18-19 9:32am
by Schnujo is Late to Lannister
Re: Contests Should Allow Book or Forum Entries · 05-19-19 8:27pm
by Elisa the Bunny Stik
*Star* Re: Re: Contests Should Allow Book or Forum Entries · 05-19-19 9:28pm
Re: Re: Re: Contests Should Allow Book or Forum Entries · 05-19-19 9:38pm
by Elisa the Bunny Stik
Re: Re: Re: Re: Contests Should Allow Book or Forum Entries · 05-19-19 9:42pm
Re: Re: Re: Contests Should Allow Book or Forum Entries · 05-21-19 4:51am
by Whata SpoonStealer
Re: Re: Re: Re: Contests Should Allow Book or Forum Entries · 05-21-19 6:33am
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Contests Should Allow Book or Forum E... · 05-21-19 6:47am
by Whata SpoonStealer
Re: Re: Contests Should Allow Book or Forum Entries · 05-21-19 4:49am
by Whata SpoonStealer
Re: Contests Should Allow Book or Forum Entries · 05-21-19 4:46am
by Whata SpoonStealer

The following section applies to this forum item as a whole, not this individual post.
Any feedback sent through it will go to the forum's owner, The StoryMistress.
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/forums/message_id/3271757