*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/forums/message_id/3290153
Rated: 13+ · Message Forum · Activity · #2109126
Join by entering a contest a month for 12 months--Win Badges! Catching up is allowed!
<< Previous  •  Message List  •  Next >>
Reply  •  Post New
Aug 30, 2019 at 2:41pm
Re: Re: Re: Tweet Me a Story
Actually, all entries for "Tweet Me a Story" must be 140 characters, not 170. *Wink* I recorded it for the June round of "The Contest Challenge. *Smile* However, that contest only counts for June. I try to list different contests every month so folks get exposed to a wide variety of things. You can certainly enter "Tweet Me a Story" every month that it's open. However, it doesn't count for "The Contest Challenge every month.

Each month you will need to choose a different contest from the list. If you Favorite/Fan me, you can see my newsfeed posts and see the announcements for the contests each month. Of course, if you favorite this challenge, you can search for it to find the current (and previous) month's contests. The current contests are easy to spot on the page because they are in bitem form listed under "August Contests."

For the July contests, I'll list them for you.

"HONORING OUR VETERANS
"Word Pictures Contest
"Spiritual Fiction Writing Contest-CLOSED
"Christmas in July Poetry Contest

Not every contest may be open. Either chose an open contest or wait until the one you want is open. You don't have to do a July entry right now. You can do it in September or next March or whenever makes you happy. *Smile* Also, you can wait if you really want to enter a contest, but don't like the prompt. Since this is the end of the month, it's really easy. Don't like the prompt for August? Just wait a couple of days and see if that contest has a September prompt you prefer. *Bigsmile*

You can find the list of contests I've previously listed under the dropnote titled "Previously Highlighted Contests 2019." It's underlined and has a little blue arrow at the end of it. This means if you click it, a bunch of stuff pops up...namely, the list of contests from 2019. lol It's right above the bigger blue words that say "Thank you to all the participants!"

I'm not sure why you can't enter a contest but you can send your entry to someone else to enter. Sending the entry is basically the same. Just go to the contest page, in the forum, post {bitem:XXXXXX} with the X's being the numbers for your item. It should pop up automatically after the colon so you don't even need to know the numbers. Granted, every contest has different rules, but most want it in bitem, so that should get you through most contests. lol Wait. I see you posted your entry for "Tweet Me a Story" in my forum, so you can do it. *Smile*

When you come to post proof of your entry, come to my forum and post {post:XXXXXX}. Again, after the colon, your post title from their forum where you entered the contest should pop up. Click it and it will auto populate. If you forget, I have an example on both the regular month and the catch up month just above the forum. It's currently listed in orange so you can see it. I change the colors from time to time to attract attention. *Wink* It's listed as "Example."

Let me know if you are still unclear on anything. And don't fret. I have people enter "wrong" every month, but I just explain again and give them credit until they get it right. (Then I just give them credit with no explanation. lol) It's all good. *Bigsmile*

Welcome again!

Happy late 70th birthday, btw. *Laugh*

FORUM
The Contest Challenge  (13+)
Join by entering a contest a month for 12 months--Win Badges! Catching up is allowed!
#2109126 by Schnujo is Late to Lannister

Technically, they aren't supposed to be called that, but everyone does.  They're "ID tags"
MESSAGE THREAD
Tweet Me a Story · 08-28-19 11:06pm
by Gita
Re: Tweet Me a Story · 08-30-19 12:40am
by Schnujo is Late to Lannister
Re: Re: Tweet Me a Story · 08-30-19 11:18am
by Gita
*Star* Re: Re: Re: Tweet Me a Story · 08-30-19 2:41pm
by Schnujo is Late to Lannister

The following section applies to this forum item as a whole, not this individual post.
Any feedback sent through it will go to the forum's owner, Schnujo is Late to Lannister.
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/forums/message_id/3290153