*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/forums/message_id/3466913
Rated: 13+ · Message Forum · Writing.Com · #1491696
A nano place to chat about NanoWrimo...
<< Previous  •  Message List  •  Next >>
Reply  •  Post New
Nov 24, 2021 at 8:43pm
Re: Re: Re: Even if the win may be out of reach?
buddhangela's Psychotic Break, I'm glad you haven't quit, even though it's hard. If it was easy, it wouldn't be as fun...or as helpful. *Wink* Write 5k towards a novel! YAY! Okay, so I have a good synopsis now, but that's it. *Think* *Laugh* And I feel you on editing. Some days I'm better than others. I don't usually go back and actually EDIT the story, but I do, during sprints sometimes, stop and fix misspellings and such. I can't help it! Or at the very least, I almost always do afterward. lol

I'm sorry you're so far behind, stolenthrones. *Frown* That sucks. *Pthb* As for your comment about being sure you know what you meant when writing, I make notes to myself as I write. Here's an example of what I might do...
"No," he said. "Stop it."
"Why?" (DO I WANT HIM TO ASK WHY HERE OR FURTHER DOWN?)
"Because I said so, that's why." (IF HE DOESN"T ASK WHY, THEN NEED TO FIX THIS LINE.)
So, I'm making notes and adding to my word count. *Angelic* I put all sorts of notes in about do I really want the dog to be brown or I need to come up with a café name in this part or I don't like how I worded that or whatever. It helps keep my thoughts straight and adds to the word count. *Laugh* Also, while I frequently write linearly, I don't let that define my planning. If I'm feeling like writing something much farther along than I am, I just label the scene so I can find it and write it. BTW, those labels help with word count as well. *Wink* But you mentioned you were a pantser. I was as well, and still consider myself one at heart, but I must say, "October Novel Prep Challenge does wonders for my NaNo projects! I came up with so much more through the exercises (that I hated doing at the time *Laugh*). I know, but you're a pantser. Next year, just give it a try. It won't make your writing worse, that I guarantee. And you won't figure out every detail, by any means. And if you do word sprints with the Prep winners (or even by yourself), there's plenty of pantsing opportunities left. *Wink* I hope to see you at Prep next year! *Bigsmile*

I'm sorry you're struggling, Duchess Laughing Lemurs, but I respect the positive attitude. Great work! Keep it up!

Great job catching up, WriterAngel! I hope you are now where you wanted to be. But I totally feel you on editing. *Sick* I hate it. As for writing, yep, last night I went to bed with less than 250 words to go before I hit 50k. I just didn't have them in me. Yet, I'd written over 9k yesterday. *Shock2* Why couldn't I come up with another 250?!? No idea, but whatever. I knocked it out and won this morning, but it's just strange how the words come or not, as they see fit. Rude. *Laugh* As for needing another 25k more to finish the story, definitely normal! 50k is really more novella size. 70-80k is a SMALL novel. So, needing more than 50k means you're actually writing a novel, not a novella or a really long story.
lol Great! Good luck with finishing up! You got this!

I love your poem, Adherennium Dr of Phoolishness! *InLove2*

s, I love your attitude and completely agree! *Heart*

Good luck, everyone! My your thoughts be swift and your fingers/pen be swifter!

And be sure to check out my challenge

FORUM
The Contest Challenge  (13+)
Join by entering a contest a month for 12 months--Win Badges! Catching up is allowed!
#2109126 by Schnujo is Late to Lannister

and my contest

FORUM
The Whatever Contest -- Closed for Now  (13+)
This irregular contest will change each round. Nature poem? Horror story? Whatever.
#2232242 by Schnujo is Late to Lannister

Reviewed by U.S. Army Ret. Schnujo at the Witch's House
MESSAGE THREAD
Even if the win may be out of reach? · 11-19-21 11:03am
by buddhangela's Psychotic Break
Re: Even if the win may be out of reach? · 11-19-21 11:27am
by Past Member 'stolenthrones'
Re: Re: Even if the win may be out of reach? · 11-19-21 3:54pm
by Duchess Laughing Lemurs
Re: Re: Re: Even if the win may be out of reach? · 11-20-21 7:58pm
Re: Re: Even if the win may be out of reach? · 11-20-21 6:53pm
Re: Re: Re: Even if the win may be out of reach? · 11-20-21 8:21pm
by Past Member 'stolenthrones'
Re: Even if the win may be out of reach? · 11-19-21 6:07pm
by WriterAngel
Re: Re: Even if the win may be out of reach? · 11-20-21 8:24pm
Re: Even if the win may be out of reach? · 11-22-21 3:33pm
by Adherennium Dr of Phoolishness
Re: Re: Even if the win may be out of reach? · 11-23-21 9:34am
Re: Even if the win may be out of reach? · 11-22-21 6:17pm
by s
Re: Re: Even if the win may be out of reach? · 11-23-21 9:49am
*Star* Re: Re: Re: Even if the win may be out of reach? · 11-24-21 8:43pm
by Schnujo is Late to Lannister
Re: Even if the win may be out of reach? · 11-29-21 2:02pm
by Starling
Re: Re: Even if the win may be out of reach? · 11-29-21 9:06pm

The following section applies to this forum item as a whole, not this individual post.
Any feedback sent through it will go to the forum's owner, The StoryMaster.
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/forums/message_id/3466913