*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/forums/message_id/3570289
by Seuzz
Rated: 18+ · Message Forum · Fantasy · #2180090
Message forum for readers of the BoM/TWS interactive universe.
<< Previous  •  Message List  •  Next >>
Reply  •  Post New
Jul 2, 2023 at 3:32pm
Edited: July 2, 2023 at 3:34pm
Re: Re: Re: Commentary: "A Coup Quashed"
I'll say that I'm definitely interested in seeing where Michelle goes. She's always been talked about as a non-entity and a pushover but we also only see her through the eyes of the other cheerleaders who could (and likely do) have a wrong impression of her. I'd be interested in knowing just why she tried out for the squad, for instance: like was she a cheerleader at her old school and went with something familiar? Did she even try out or did Chelsea basically just pick a name and go "you're on the squad" like Will does with Jack in this branch?

With characters and groups, I'm always on the lookout to see what can be done with someone or what can be discovered about them. The cheerleaders as a whole, for instance, are largely figured out but we still have some characters that are a bit mysterious or not as fleshed out. Michelle for instance, and Lin as well probably being the prime ones.

There is a thing, too, that a lot of these characters are usually impersonation targets. Catherine Muskov, for example, has been impersonated a fair number of times but by its nature, the picture that we get of her is a distorted or incomplete one filtered by the person under her mask. So I do think there's value in having Catherine as a major character in a storyline as herself and seeing how that differs from someone impersonating her. Sort of like the storyline where Will and Kelsey are swapped which allows us to see Kelsey as her own character and not as a role being played by someone else. Lindsay Cho as played by Will Prescott isn't the same as Lindsay Cho playing herself.
MESSAGE THREAD
Commentary: "A Coup Quashed" · 07-02-23 7:34am
by Seuzz
Re: Commentary: "A Coup Quashed" · 07-02-23 2:21pm
by rugal b.
Re: Re: Commentary: "A Coup Quashed" · 07-02-23 3:04pm
by Nostrum
*Star* Re: Re: Re: Commentary: "A Coup Quashed" · 07-02-23 3:32pm
by rugal b.

The following section applies to this forum item as a whole, not this individual post.
Any feedback sent through it will go to the forum's owner, Seuzz.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/forums/message_id/3570289