SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/forums/message_id/3616647
Rated: 13+ · Message Forum · Activity · #2304984
will reopen June 1st.
<< Previous  •  Message List  •  Next >>
Reply  •  Post New
Jan 28, 2024 at 9:23pm
Re: Re: Re: No longer listing ticket holders
Yes, you'll see that some people who've held raffles and had to deal with this before have given you a cut & paste list following their list of tickets they're purchasing to help you out. It is better for everyone if you keep a visible list of purchased tickets (in the order they were purchased if you can, but I don't think that's a deal-breaker). Then when you roll the die, you can show everyone that it was an honest, random roll. It can be a headache when you're getting started, but once you get the hang of it you can just keep adding to the list as tix are purchased. I've seen folks include on their raffle page a request for a cut & paste list to be included in the requests for tickets, but not everyone will remember (or know how) to do it. I do it because I know how hard it is to deal with so many handles when what you need for your list is usernames. And it's really not that hard to do from the buyer's end.

For your reference: if you want your ML to appear in a message you're writing that includes something complicated––like a list of names, you can type {db} at the beginning of the list and {/db} at the end of the list, and the message will show the ML between those two tags. For example, I copied the list I made of the people I wanted to buy tickets for, went down a few lines and typed in {db} before pasting the list. At the end of the list, I typed in {/db}, and my message showed you the handles of the people I want tickets for, and then the list of usernames (times two since I bought 2 tix each) instead of handles--what a pain! Yes, I'm long-winded, but hopefully this will be helpful to you at some point.

Good luck!
Angie

Pixie in distress
"CLOSED Inclusive+Diverse Signature Shop
MESSAGE THREAD
*** Deleted Message *** · 01-28-24 4:15pm
by Mousethyme
Re: No longer listing ticket holders · 01-28-24 4:44pm
by Massive Friendly Derg
Re: No longer listing ticket holders · 01-28-24 7:30pm
by GERVIC 🐉 WDC Dragon Vale
Re: Re: No longer listing ticket holders · 01-28-24 7:41pm
by Mousethyme
*Star* Re: Re: Re: No longer listing ticket holders · 01-28-24 9:23pm
by sorry, buddhangela's broken
Re: Re: No longer listing ticket holders · 01-29-24 5:28pm
by Mousethyme
Re: Re: Re: No longer listing ticket holders · 01-29-24 5:47pm
by GERVIC 🐉 WDC Dragon Vale

The following section applies to this forum item as a whole, not this individual post.
Any feedback sent through it will go to the forum's owner, Mousethyme.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/forums/message_id/3616647