*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/1507403-The-Superpower-Chronicles/cid/643478-Jasper-discovers-super-strength
Rated: 18+ · Interactive · Teen · #1507403
You're a boy who discovers one day that you're an alien being with super powers.
This choice: Jasper discovers super-strength.  •  Go Back...
Chapter #3

Jasper discovers super-strength.

    by: Shangas
History class went by fairly fast. They were studying the Second World War. Hearing about blood and guts and battles made it interesting and the double-period seemed to fly by.

"Man you dudes got CREAMED in Stalingrad," said Jasper.
"Shut up," said Ivan. "Come on, it's time for our recess break".

Grabbing their books, the three friends left the classroom and went to their lockers. Jasper dumped his books on top of his locker while he tried to open his locker. He shoved the key into the padlock and turned.

Nothing happened.

"What the hell?" he thought. He pulled the key out and checked it. Yeah, this was the right one. He shoved it back in and turned it. Still nothing.

"DAMN IT!" he screamed. He rammed the key in a third time and twisted it.

SNAP!

Brandt and Ivan jumped.

"What the hell...?" Jasper goggled. He held out his hand to find half his key there. The other half was stuck inside the now busted padlock.

"Duuude, what did you DO?" said Brandt. He was examining the broken key, snapped clean in half.

"I...It's this stupid locker!" Jasper groaned. He grabbed the lock and squeezed, trying to rip it off. Perhaps it was so screwed that the shackle would just break. He wrenched it.

It didn't move.

"GAAAAH!" Jasper screamed. He slammed his fist against the lock. He felt something give! Then a sharp pain as something hit his foot. He bent down and picked up half his padlock from the floor. The shackle of his lock was still attached to his door.

"Woah..." he said. He slid the shackle away from the door and held the two halves of the lock in his hands, "Damn!" he said.

"You didn't..." said Brandt.
"What?"
"You snapped that thing in half!"

Jasper looked at the lock. No he didn't!...Wait...yes he did! This lock was only a week old. It was brand new! It shouldn't break like this, should it?

Jasper squeezed the shackle of the lock in his hand. He felt it bend beneath his fingers. He raised an eyebrow. He put the other bit of the lock in his pocket and started twiddling around with the broken shackle. He twisted it, bent it, straightened it, twirled it up into a spiral around one of his fingers...This was SOLID STEEL! How could he bend it like this?

"Oi Ivan, you seeing this?" Brandt asked in disbelief. Ivan nodded. Jasper had now opened his locker, put his books into it, closed it and put the shackle through the loops in the door to hold the thing closed. He tied the bar of steel up into a neat bow, and left it there.

"I never knew I could do this!" said Jasper. "Perhaps the metal was faulty".

Jasper and Ivan walked off. Brandt stared at the bow of steel. He tried to squeeze it like Jasper had done.

"Ouch!" he winced as he nearly broke his fingers. "How did he DO that?"
Members who added to this interactive
story also contributed to these:

<<-- Previous · Outline   · Recent Additions

© Copyright 2024 Shangas (UN: fruffles at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
scriptboy has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work within this interactive story. Poster accepts all responsibility, legal and otherwise, for the content uploaded, submitted to and posted on Writing.Com.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/1507403-The-Superpower-Chronicles/cid/643478-Jasper-discovers-super-strength