*Magnify*
Path to this Chapter:
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/1510047-The-Book-of-Masks/cid/1835375-Inside-The-Mind-of-Rosalie-Martin
by Seuzz
Rated: 18+ · Interactive · Fantasy · #1510047
A mysterious book allows you to disguise yourself as anyone.
This choice: Continue  •  Go Back...
Chapter #79

Inside The Mind of Rosalie Martin

    by: imaj
Joe gulps and stares at you hungrily. “Yeah,” he stumbles. “It’s something all right.” It must be, you doubt anything could ever truly render Joe completely speechless, but your change in appearance obviously come close. Then again, from what you know of Joe, he always was a sucker for a pretty face.

You permit yourself a brief little smug smile, pleased at the effect you are having on Joe. You’re eyes rove over him. He’s used to getting his way with the girls, you suppose. The shaggy blond mop of hair and the goofy grin have some appeal.

You bite nervously on your lip.

It was inevitable really. In reshaping your mental imago to fit better with your body, you’ve picked up on the desires of the girls you used as donors. Plainly, you find Joe attractive now, and he’s too sharp to miss the little ways your body betrays that. A smug grin starts to grow on Joe’s face.

“So do I call you Will or Rosalie now,” asks Joe smoothly, his confidence ebbing back.

“Rosalie,” you drawl, acutely aware of the damp sensation stirring in your lower reaches. You curse under your breath. So what, you clearly want to do Joe. It’s understandable, he’s a cute guy, but you are damned if you are going to give in to him so easily. No, he’s going to have to work for it, and when it happens it is going to be on your terms.

For now then, you should work a little on making him jealous. The insight leaves you feeling in control again. This what you are going to be like then, with your new personality. It sits oddly comfortably with you that you will be using sex as a weapon. It’s a pity that Frank looks so wasted after carrying out the spell – playing him off against Joe for your favour would have worked well. Perhaps if you hadn’t sent Chelsea home – and it feels a little reassuring to realise that you are still attracted to girls, whether that’s a remnant of your old personality or something you’ve picked up from one of the girls that shaped your new one – you could have used her.

Still, you have to work with what you’ve got.

“Are you ok Frank,” you ask, radiating concern. It is only mostly faked.

“’m jus’ tired,” he mumbles through thick lips.
“I’m sorry,” you say, still maintaining the false concern. “I didn’t realise how bad it would be for you. Let me help you to bed.”

“’s okay,” groans Frank.

You kneel down beside Frank and help him to his feet. “No, I insist,” you reply before giving him a perfectly calculated little smile faint little smile. His frosty attitude melts a notch. “Joe, can you get a glass of water and bring it to Jon’s bedroom?”

If Joe is unhappy at the this turn of events he doesn’t show it. He smiles brightly and nods, before disappearing off to fetch it – this time more slowly. You let Frank lean on you for support as you guide him to Jon’s bedroom. There you help him strip, undoing the buttons on his shirt and helping him pull off his clothes until there is nothing left but his shorts. You pull the covers over him as Frank sits in the bed before sitting on the edge of the bed next to him.

“It all worked,” he asks. “Even the crazy bit with Chelsea’s essentia?”

“Everything,” you reply, brushing at a few strands of dark hair plastered to Frank’s brow with sweat. “Thanks for helping me,” you add with a smile. “Did you see Joe testing my essentia?”

Frank nods. “Speak of the devil.” You turn to follow his gaze, seeing Joe carrying a glass.

“Here,” says Joe, giving the glass to Frank, who takes long, gulping draughts from it. He looks better almost immediately.

“Remember how you said the Stellae would find us if we started playing about with magic,” you ask Frank. He nods in reply. “Well now they won’t. We’ll be able to hide that our essentia is special.”

“That’s something at least,” replies Frank. You can tell he is still unhappy at your plans.

“I’ll stay here a while,” you say, gently stroking Frank’s hair. “To make sure you are alright.” Behind you, Joe makes mumbled excuses about leaving. You barely hear him.

You wait for the sound of the door to the room closing then you place your hands on either side of Frank’s head. You hold him in place as you lean in to kiss him on the lips. His mouth is like stone, cold and unyielding, but you are slow and methodical. You work at him just long enough to feel a chink open up in his iron façade. When you release him he looks at you quizzically.

“I’m sorry,” you say, forcing a blush. “I wanted to thank you but…”

“I’m just surprised,” states Frank. “I’m not sure I’m comfortable with this. I’m not sure you should be comfortable with this either.”

You do your best to look embarrassed, finding it surprisingly easy. “I’m… I’m different now. I need this…” you say, hiding the lie within a truth.

“Well Joe can help you out,” says Frank sourly.

You force a tear to your eye, hiding your amazement at just how much your new personality has changed – and at just what it has made your capable of. Frank reacts as if struck and guilt writes itself across his face. “I’m nervous,” you say quietly. “You know what he’s like and it would be my… my first…” Frank hugs you awkwardly as you tail off. His lips find yours and that little chink in his armour widens into a crack, and then into a crevice.

You pour yourself in.

*****


You don’t get the chance to talk to Frank the following morning. By the time you wake he has already left for school in the guise of Jon Straussler. You have to put up with a few gentle gibes from Joe, but he relents after a few well placed glares. The rest of the morning is spent assembling the golem that is to play the role of your mother.

And that is how you end up spending the afternoon in its company, at the house that is to become your new home.

You lounge on the sofa, playing with a laptop as your new mom strides about the house re-arranging furniture, making phone calls and generally making the house ready for habitation. “Are you just going to sit there Rosalie,” she asks impatiently.

You look up from the laptop, pausing the odd game that you are playing. Joe gave it to you, claiming it to be a learning aid for your ousiarchs. In truth it is far too simple for you, the sigils it portrays are simplistic compared to the ones you have devised from your studies of the Libra.

You eye the golem. It’s slaved to you, using the Sulva and Kenandandra essentia pair. You’ve given it minimal instructions so far, but perhaps it’s time to program it to your satisfaction. “I am just going to sit here Mom,” you smirk at the golem. “Because you spoil me rotten and do everything for me.”

The golem straightens up for a second, its eyes distant as the instructions take hold. “Have you got everything you need honey?”

“I’m fine just now, thanks Mom,” you reply, still grinning at the hold you have over the golem. “Oh there was just one more thing: You think the world of me Mom, you can’t imagine that I’d do anything bad. You’ll always think of me as being the innocent little girl which I didn’t use to be,” you continue with a laugh. “If I tell you I didn’t do something, you’ll defend me even if shown proof that I did. And you’ll ignore anything that I do that contradicts your view of me.”

The golem sways a little. Its eyes look glassy as it assimilates the instructions. “Okay honey,” it says in a distant sounding voice.

You decide to put it to the test. “I just wanted to make sure Mom, because I’m going to be fucking a lot of guys and girls up in my bedroom and I don’t want you disturbing me.”

The golem freezes for a handful of seconds before smiling sweetly. “Did you say something honey?” You shake your head. “Oh, then I need to finish working on the house. I start my new job tomorrow and you start your new school. I want everything to be ready before that. Are you look forward to it honey?”

“Oh, I’m really excited Mom.”

You have the following choice:

1. Continue

Members who added to this interactive
story also contributed to these:

<<-- Previous · Outline   · Recent Additions

© Copyright 2024 imaj (UN: imaj at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Seuzz has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work within this interactive story. Poster accepts all responsibility, legal and otherwise, for the content uploaded, submitted to and posted on Writing.Com.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/1510047-The-Book-of-Masks/cid/1835375-Inside-The-Mind-of-Rosalie-Martin