*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/1520912-Student-Bodies/cid/671520-Reject-the-offer-head-to-Fatimas-house
by Seuzz
Rated: GC · Interactive · Fantasy · #1520912
An accident leaves a high school student with the power to possess other people.
This choice: Reject the offer; head to Fatima's house  •  Go Back...
Chapter #6

Reject the offer; head to Fatima's house

    by: rugal b.
"Sorry," you reply shaking your head, "But I'm actually a little worn out right now. I had to get up way too early to set this thing up." you say, gesturing towards the booth."

"Yeah, I got you." Sienna replies, "It's a good thing, I guess, that we don't really have to worry about doing it again tomorrow."

"Although taking everything down's gonna be a pain."

"Ugh!" Sienna groans, "That god damn stage... those jerks better not run out on me again."

You laugh a little before waving goodbye. You manage to make your way over to Fatima's car and, while it's not much, you HAD seen enough of her mind to manage to find your way home. You greet her parents as you walk in and your mom informs you that dinner's almost ready. You wash up real fast then head back into the dining room to eat. Fatima's parents and you have a nice conversation about what happened today, with them saying how much they enjoyed the festival today and praising your work while you go on about how Sienna's bandmates arrived "fashionably late" to avoid setting up the stage and that you had made a decent amount of money (around $110 since you were selling most things for fairly cheap).

You enjoy the dinner with her parents as usually, dinner at your home consists of your dad gruffly informing you about your screw-ups while your mother only meekly rises to your defense. Plus, Fatima's parents are very good cooks... although your mother's no slouch either. You can see, too, where she gets much of her general attitude and outlook on things and you think that it's fairly nice being in an environment that's not quite as tense or disparate as it seems the Zahedis really do value spending time with each other.

After dinner, you head up to Fatima's room, not really sure of what to do next. You figure you can take a shower but even then, it's still relatively early (around 8:00 or so) and you're not really content to go snooping through, say, a diary or anything since you have your own way of doing that.

At the same time, though, there's something eating at you: Caleb and Dana both must be worried about you, or at least you'd hope so. Caleb most likely would've told Dana about you going into the base, anyway, and given the fact you hadn't been around since yesterday afternoon they might become suspicious that something has happened to you. While you wanted to get away for a little bit and gather yourself, Caleb and Dana ARE your best friends and as risky as it might be, you feel like you should absolutely tell one of them what's happening. Even if Caleb bailed on you yesterday, he's still someone you'd consider trustworthy and you know for a fact that Dana's good at keeping secrets; you've told her more than your fair share and to your knowledge, she's never let them slip.

You're worried about your family as well, however you feel that you're not quite ready to face them yet. The shock of pretty Fatima Zahedi showing up on their doorstep and claiming to be their son/brother turned into goop and inhabiting the body of a girl at the high school across town would probably be too much and right now, you're not really sure of any other way to break it to them more reasonably. That's not to say it wouldn't be a shock to your friends, either, but you feel that both Dana and Caleb, being the generally helpful and understanding people they are, would react much better.

Grabbing Fatima's purse and her keys from inside of it and leaving her room, you head for the front door informing Mr. and Mrs. Zahedi that you had actually made plans to meet up with somebody you met at the festival. Mrs. Zahedi bemusedly asks if it's a boy and you blush and stammer out that "it's not like that." Mr. Zahedi reminds you of your midnight curfew on the weekends and you tell him that you'll be back before then. Entering the car, the question comes up: who are you going to talk to first? Who do you think would take it better, Caleb or Dana? As you pull out of the driveway and put the car in drive, you make your decision.

You have the following choices:

1. Go talk to Caleb

2. Talk to Dana

Members who added to this interactive
story also contributed to these:

<<-- Previous · Outline   · Recent Additions

© Copyright 2024 rugal b. (UN: rugal at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Seuzz has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work within this interactive story. Poster accepts all responsibility, legal and otherwise, for the content uploaded, submitted to and posted on Writing.Com.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/1520912-Student-Bodies/cid/671520-Reject-the-offer-head-to-Fatimas-house