*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/1601462-The-Five-Forgotten
Rated: GC · Interactive · Action/Adventure · #1601462
Five survivors face the undead. Now celebrating its tenth anniversary!

Five survivors face the undead. Now celebrating its tenth anniversary!

This is an interactive story. Each chapter tells part of the story and often ends with multiple choices. Make a choice and move to the next chapter in your story. When you reach a chapter that hasn't been written yet, don't be shy... make an addition!
The creator of this Interactive Story provides this information and guidance:
You take on the role of one of five survivors of a zombie apocalypse. Guide them to safety...or death.


The survivors


Gary Wilson/ Age: 46 Ht: 5'7 Profession: Docter

Appearance: Gary has vary short brown hair along with brown eyes. When he is not at work he is often seen wearing the sweaters his wife makes for him. He also has a mustache.

Description: Gary has been married twice, once to his old classmate (which ended after two years because of differences) and again to his current wife Shelly. They have both been married for eight years. He has a hobby of building model ships and helping his wife with her garden.

Personality: He is very formal and polite to everyone he meets. He encourages teamwork and helps out whenever he can, but has a very short temper.



Frank Hughes/ Age: 24 Ht: 5'10 Profession: Accountant

Appearance: Frank has short blonde hair and wears glasses over his green eyes. His clothes are always business casual and he sometimes wears a small hat.

Description: Frank is a very intelligent man who has worked as an accountant for the last 3 years. He is unmarried and only has a few friends so he spends much of his free time reading or doing something on his computer. On his 16th birthday he came out of the closent to his friends and family (who both happily accepted him for who he is) and has been openly gay ever since. He normally dislikes guns and violence, but has no problem blowing away the zombies that most likely killed everyone he knew.

Personality: Calm, carefree, and easygoing. He is a genuinely nice person, but can be very strict and may sometimes seem like a know-it-all.



Betty Winters/ Age: 16 Ht: 5'6 Profession: Works part-time at the local diner.

Appearance: She has short black hair and often wears glasses that help her see better. She has green eyes and often wears her favorite violet button up shirt with her dark purple coat. She rarely wears skirts and would rather wear blue jeans. She is also a little overweight.

Description: Betty is a shy girl who just got her drivers license along with a new car from her parents. She is unpopular and a social outcast at her local school, having only one friend since moving here 3 years ago. That one friend sadly moved away a mere 5 weeks ago, leaving betty alone. As expected, she is very sensitive about her weight and hates when people make fun of her.

Personality: She is a very shy and meek girl, often refusing to stand up for herself when someone else picks on her. However, she cannot stand to see others suffering and will help out others even at the risk of her own well being.



Eric Dressil/ Age: 34 Ht: 6'1 Profession: Prisoner

Appearance: Eric is an intimidating man with curly shaggy brown hair along with a short beard and mustache. He is currently wearing his orange prison jumpsuit. He has a few tattoo's on his arms along with one on his back.

Description: Eric had a rough childhood and an even rougher adult life. He spent most of his teenage years in a juvinile facility. When he was 18 he held up a convinence store clerk at gunpoint and shot him once in the shoulder before he was caught by police 3 hours later. When he got out of prison he got a job as a mechanic for 7 years. He went back to jail however, when he lost his temper one day and assulted 2 people with a wrench. He has been in and out of jail ever since. He currently has 5 months left to serve before he is released again.

Personality: He has always been a mean, angry, and violent person. He can never seem to control his temper and stay out of trouble, but he would never hurt an animal for any reason. This is most likely because he had a pet dog when he was little that he cared about deeply.



Shannon Hawking/ Age: 27 Ht: 5'9 Profession: Author

Appearance: She is a tall, tough, and beautiful woman with black hair and blue eyes. She often wears camo pants along with a camo jacket over her plain white t-shirt. She will sometimes also wear red lipstick.

Description: She has been single for most of her life and has recently met her 2nd boyfriend on the internet with whom she talks to everyday. She is a former soldier who served 1 tour of duty in Iraq, having left 3 years ago with a purple heart. She is an excellent marksman and often vists the shooting range near her home.

Personality: She is not afraid to speak her mind or stand up for whats right. She may seem a little loud and crude sometimes, but she won't take crap from anyone (including her friends and family).


The location

Bitterwood city

Bitterwood city and its surrounding area is where this story takes place. It is a fairly large city that has its own airport, subway, and train station. There is a large mall located along the north-eastern edge of the city. The countryside surrounding the city is a beautiful landscape of forests and fields.


Safe areas


Churches

Because the zombies were revived with dark magic they cannot cross holy ground. This means that any church the survivors come to will protect them from any and all types of zombie. Zombies cannot enter churches by themselves but can be knocked/pulled/pushed into one. If this happens they will be unable to move and lose any power they have until they exit (their eyes will still glow red while inside). Many churches all over the city have been fortified to offer more protection and often contain useful items that the survivors may find helpful like food or ammo. Some people have even left behind maps and signs that give directions to nearby safe areas. The universal symbol for a safe area is a triangle with a cross inside it and will also often have an arrow under it or above it pointing in the direction of the safe room. Keep in mind that while most other survivors are more then happy to let others inside there may be a few selfish or insane survivors who will deny entry to others and possibly even attack them.


Non-holy safe locations

Several areas have been fortified to protect against zombies with varying success. Because these areas lack the holy protection given by churches they can be destroyed by zombies. Many of these places are damaged but still standing while others have been wiped out completely. Like churches, many of these locations have useful items left behind by other survivors and may not be all that friendly to newcomers.
The symbol for this type of safe area is a circle inside a triangle.


Re-supply locations

Many survivors discard excess supplies once they find improvements or are unable to carry any more. While a lot of these supplies end up being thrown on the ground or abandoned in hard to reach locations some people are kind enough to leave extra supplies in places were other survivors are likely to find them. These places are simply known as Re-supply locations. They range in size and scope from a few cases of bullets and a bottle of water in an empty trash can to a small garages worth of weapons, food, and medical aid. Important to note is that re-supply locations are NOT SAFE AREAS and in most cases survivors are just as vulnerable to attack as any other time. They are marked with a large R in a circle to let people know what they are. If one of these locations is cleaned out it is common courtesy to cross out the R symbol so no one will waste their time checking it for supplies.


Zombies

Zombies are humans that were brought back to life with dark magic. Since they were revived with sorcery getting bitten, scratched, or injured by them DOES NOT turn you into one. However anyone who is killed by one DOES turn into one of them. They come in 2 types: normal and special.


Normal: This type of zombie has 3 levels depending on how strong they are. When a person is killed they turn into a level one zombie (unless they become a special zombie). They level up by killing living creatures.


Level One: This level of zombie looks like a normal human except for its glowing red eyes. It moves slowly and has only half of the strength of a normal human. It can be killed with a headshot, a shot to the heart, or by burning it to death. Rarity:*

Level Two: This level is as fast and strong as an adult human and has sharp clawlike fingernails along with pointed teeth. It is also more violent then a level one. This level can not be killed by fire or a shot to the heart like a level one. Rarity:**

Level Three: This level is extremly deadly. It looks like a monsterous human with glowing red eyes and a pentagram symbol on its forehead. Instead of fingers this level has long razor like claws that can cut through metal easily. This level also has several 2 inch long fangs in its mouth (which it can open twice as wide as a human). Its only weak point is its pentagram mark on its head. Beware, this level is extremly violent and has the strength of three adult humans. It is also vary fast. Rarity:****


Special: This type has no levels, instead each type has a different ability. Only about 1 in 15 people who are killed become a special zombie (Any animals killed become Beasts).


Stalker: As its name implies, it hunts living creatures ruthlessly and will not stop until it has killed its prey. This type makes little noise and will ambush its prey. It looks similar to a level two zombie, but it is twice as fast and its claws and teeth are a little longer. It is vary good at jumping, climping, and swinging through trees and other such things. It can also crawl on walls and ceilings thanks to its claws. Rarity:****

Siren: The siren wanders from place to place slowly. It is unique in that it can not run and is the only zombie that will not physically attack humans. It can be heard from about a mile away due to its loud moaning that sounds similar to singing. Its normal moan cannot harm humans, but if it finds humans it will use one of two special moans. The first is a loud five second shriek that draws other zombies closer. The second is a 30 second shriek that causes extreame dizziness and loss of balance. After using a special shriek the siren must rest for a minute before it can use them again. A siren is always female. Rarity:***

Sumo: A sumo is a large bloated zombie that stands 8-10 feet tall. It is fairly slow, but can move quick over short distances. It is extremely strong and could throw a car or rip a person in half if it gets a hold of them. Unlike all other zombies who simply kill their victims, the sumo will always eat them. A sumo is the hardest zombie to kill as it can survive for several minutes without a head and its layers of fat can easily stop most types of bullets. A sumo is always male. Rarity:*****

Pyro: A pyro moves as fast as a level two zombie, but walks most of the time. It looks exactly like a normal human except for its glowing redish-orange skin. Its skin is hot to the touch and many of the things it touches burst into flames or sometimes explode. It is completely immune to fire. They are not hard to kill, but whenever one dies its entire body bursts into flames that quickly spread. When a human gets too close the pyro will raise its body tempature causing anything within a 5 foot radius to catch fire or melt. Pyro's hate water and are often found in places where they can stay dry. Rarity:****

Mimic: A mimic is the only zombie that doesn't have glowing red eyes...because it tries to disguise itself as a living human. It can walk or run and even perfectly immitate human speech. While they may seem human, there are several things that can give them away: A mimic can survive wounds that wound kill a normal human (If someone walks up to you missing half of their face or with most of their blood gone and ask for help, they are a mimic.), mimics don't have heartbeats, mimics will try to lead living humans into dangerous situations or to other zombies, and mimics are often found in small groups while pretending to be survivors. So when ever you find survivors in something like a sealed room with no food or water and they have been there a long time, they are mimics. A mimics weakspot is its upper torso, a headshot will only slow them down. Rarity:****

Vampire: A vampire is a zombie who gets its name from its habit of drinking the blood of any living human it finds. It can run as fast as a normal human and is a little stronger then a normal human. It is easily spoted in a group as it has large fangs and is always deathly pale, but otherwise looks human. It can be easily killed with a headshot, a shot to the heart, or burning to death.
Rarity:***

Swimmer: The swimmer is the only type of zombie that can swim, but it can also walk on dry land. It has webbed hands and feet. It also has a large fin on its back. Its mouth is twice as wide as a humans and is full of long razor sharp teeth. This zombie will often wait for humans to come across rivers, ponds, or even swiming pools and shoot them in the face with non-fatal blinding ink. The ink is easily wiped off but the effects remain for about a minute. This undead is best killed while on dry land as they are somewhat slow while moving on dry land. They almost always appear in groups of 2-5 and only appear near water. Rarity:***

Deathtouch: A deathtouch is perhaps the most deadly type of zombie that can be found, it is also the most rare. The walk slowly and are not very strong, but are very dangerous. A deathtouch is easily spotted as it is surroundings by a deep red mist. This mist is highly toxic and coming into contact with it can be fatal. Fourtunately the mist only extends about 3 feet from the zombies body. The zombies body itself is red like the mist and simply touching it is almost instantly fatal as its entire body is filled with a deadly virus. Deathtouches have no weakpoints, the only way to stop them is reduceing them to paste, which is very difficult as their skin is twice as strong as a normal humans and they can't be killed by fire. Rarity:*****

Nightmare: These are probaly one of the most fearsome types of zombie. They have the very eerie ability of absorbing all manner of illumination within a 30 foot radius. This veil of shadows remains over their corpses after they die, so no one knows what they really look like. Things like flash lights or even floodlights are useless agenst them as they absorb the light itself. All that is known about them is that they are vaugely humanoid, they have two legs and a head, but they have four arms instead of two. They also seem to have the strength and speed of an average human. The only things that are visible in their shroud of night is their 4 glowing red eyes. They are often identified right away as they look like large black clouds moving slowly over fields and streets. They often also allow other zombies to hide themselves in their black veil which makes it an extremely dangerous type to encounter, especially alone. (The other zombies eyes don't glow in the shadows like the nightmare's do.) Rarity:*****

Carrier: These zombies look more like giant monsterous bats than humans. It has six human-like arms (but no legs) that it uses to carry other zombies (except sumo) to locations that they couldn't normally reach. They have two pairs of wings and stand between 8-10 feet tall. They can be killed with a headshot and its wings are very weak and can be easily burned or shot off. If it loses its wings it will crawl along the ground and claw and bite at any living humans it sees. Rarity:****

Beast: The name beast refers to all the animals that were zombiefied by the event that took place 5 days ago. These animals are all fast moving and ruthless. Birds that once sang happily outside windows now swarm and peck to death anything left alive. Deer that once avoided humans will now hunt them down and gore them to death. Fish that would just swim in the rivers and ponds now rip apart anything near them (except Swimmers). All zombie animals have glowing red eyes and can be killed with a headshot. Rarity:*

Digger: A digger will find one spot it likes and remain there. It digs holes to hide in with its huge claws. It grabs people and will drag them underground. It can be killed with a headshot, but rarely sticks its head above ground. Its claws are razor sharp and can easily cut through metal. Diggers can also shoot tentacles from its mouth to snare prey. Rarity:****

Slimer: The slimer is a nasty zombie named for its 3 different slime abilites. The first is the red slime attack. Red slime is acidic and can melt steel. The second is the blue slime attack. Blue slime is sticky and doesn't wash off with water, it wears off after about 5 minutes. Finally, there is the purple slime attack. Purple slime is highly flamable and will burst into flames in hot areas. It may also explode. The slimer moves slowly, but can spit slime up to 50 feet away. Slimers usually have slime dripping from their mouths. One headshot is all it takes to kill them, but their corpse will dissolve into a random type of slime. Rarity:****


The rules

1. You can not introduce any new zombies of your own, please use the ones listed.

2. Keep in mind the story begins 5 days after the zombies appeared, the survivors all start out alone in a location were they have managed to find shelter. There are no other people alive (except for the few other survivors that might be found later).

3. Keep this realistic, nothing cartoonish or stupid.

4. Survivors MAY die.

5. Cursing, violence, gore, adult content/situations, and nudity is fine. In fact most of those things are expected.

6. Sex is allowed with a few conditions:
a. No sex involving beth as she is only sixteen.
b. No sex when there is the danger of a zombie attack.
c. This is a zombie story, not a porn story, if chapters start focusing too much on sex they will be deleted or edited.

7. All the characters live in the same city so they may meet and join up with each other.

8. Finally, characters are not allow leaving the area unless they are rescued somehow, and they can't be rescued before chapter 20.


Noteworthy Survivors


The following contributers have all made an addition that was good enough to impress me.

BigBangLang - Added a chapter that fit well with the overall story and provided an inventive new tool for killing zombies.

Mattsama - Began a great new storyline for Betty Winters that has a lot of potential.

Scorch - Took the time to read over everything before adding a chapter to make sure it was of the highest quality possible.

RissyRoo - Made an addition that did an excellent job of setting the mood and drawing the reader in.



******2019 UPDATE******

Hello folks, its certainly been a while hasn't it? Hard to believe its been ten years already, most of which I've let slip pass without any new updates or chapters. For far too long I've neglected what is quite possibly my biggest and most beloved interactive in favor of my newer stories, well that is soon gonna change. With the tenth anniversary of The Five Forgotten looming over me like a freshly reanimated corpse I plan to get back to it and make it better than ever. I still have some preparations to make, but life (or at least undeath) is about to return to this series... stay tuned.
IMPORTANT NOTICE and DISCLAIMER: The content in this story has been rated GC. However, since this story is created by members, Writing.Com can not control the content within it. As with any item on Writing.Com, the content rating MAY or MAY NOT be accurate and the site makes no guarantees as to the accuracy. Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates will not be held responsible for the content within this interactive story. Posters accept all responsibility, legal and otherwise, for the content they've uploaded / submitted / posted on Writing.Com.
Please assume this story MAY contain graphic language, sexually explicit text, violence and/or any other displeasing topic you can or can't think up! To be certain you don't encounter textual content that may be offensive, you should leave this area and not continue on within this item.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/1601462-The-Five-Forgotten