*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/1748874-The-Five-Forgotten-2
Rated: GC · Interactive · Action/Adventure · #1748874
Five more survivors face the undead.

Five more survivors face the undead.

This is an interactive story. Each chapter tells part of the story and often ends with multiple choices. Make a choice and move to the next chapter in your story. When you reach a chapter that hasn't been written yet, don't be shy... make an addition!
The creator of this Interactive Story provides this information and guidance:
They thought it was the end... but it was only the beginning.

On September 21, 2012 an army of reanimated corpses overwhelmed the Pennsylvania city of Bitterwood. Many brave people were lost in the conflict that ensued and the U.S. government refuses to disclose any details of the incident at this time, though one thing is certain. Bitterwood was not the end.

Exactly 2 weeks after Bitterwood was overrun the U.S. military successfully exterminated the last zombie and the ravaged city is slowing being rebuilt piece by piece. The losses and pain borne by the living survivors is infinite, but their lives are slowly returning to normal now that their ordeal is over. However, across the country a small city has become the target of the next zombie uprising. More people will die, more blood will be shed, and more questions will still go unanswered. For the city of Ruststone a fresh hell awaits.


The survivors

Jack Crowley Age:31 Ht: 5'11 Profession: Professional gambler

Appearance: Jack's the kinda guy who loves to show off his wealth with a nice suit and tie. Underneath the darkest sunglasses money can buy he hides beautiful blue eyes. Usually sports five-o-clock shadow due to his habit of never shaving off his current beard until he loses 3 games in a row. (He considers a brand new beard lucky.)

Description: Born to a fairly wealthy family he had an easy, yet boring, life for most of his childhood. All that changed in high school when he learned to play poker from a buddy and took half the school for all they were worth. Finally realizing his calling in life, he decided to drop out at grade 11 and hit the road to make his own fortune. He doesn't always come out on top and there have been many hard times, but he is able to make a decent living doing what he loves and sees Ruststone as just another city to fleece a few gullible suckers.

Personality: Cocky, sarcastic, and downright rude to most of the people he meets. Many women have fallen for his charm and good looks... only to quickly find themselves unable to stand his company for more then a few minutes. Still, he does have a decent heart underneath the vile outer shell: 10% of all his winnings go to various charities, mostly ones that benefit children.


Marie Lopez Age:19 Ht:5'4 Profession: Works at a bookstore back in her home town

Appearance: She has long black hair with bright pink highlights and often wears mini-skirts and tube tops. She loves jewelry, especially necklaces and earrings, so she almost never leaves home with less then two or three sparkling and extravagant objects hanging around her head or from her ears. In short, she'll wear anything sparkly or cute, but doesn't have a very good sense of fashion.

Description: She and her sister had left their hometown on a road trip to visit their father while he was in California. They had only planned on staying in Ruststone a day or two... and then they have to change their schedule to factor in one new variable: The dead were walking the earth. Now they'll both have to put off visiting their father and instead try to survive the living hell they've found themselves drawn into.

Personality: If the words "squee", "glomp", or "rainbow-frosted sweetness" mean anything to you then you probably know all you need to. Unlike her bitter ill-temper twin all Marie wants to do all day is have fun, whether its by hanging out with friends, reading or watching her favorite anime and manga, or just relaxing in the sun. This often annoys her sister. She does have a temper, but good luck getting her to stay mad at you.


Kenji Takashi Age:26 Ht:5'10 Profession: Martial Arts instructer

Appearance: Unless he is teaching a class he'll likely be wearing a dark blue jacket and sweat pants. He'll sometimes wear sunglasses and is never seen without his prize medallion necklace, a gift from his beloved grandfather.

Description: His family immigrated to the U.S. from Japan when he was only 9 years old, which made it a little bit difficult for him to adjust to his new environment. Eventually his family moved to Ruststone where his grandfather owned a school of martial arts. He didn't have many customers, but he got by just fine and was overjoyed to have young Kenji begin working with him that summer. By the same time next year Kenji was a top competitor in all the fighting tournaments he participated in. Things were going well for him until the night his grandfather was fatally wounded defending a woman from an armed purse snatcher. That horrible incident made Kenji colder, but he is still friendly and respectful to everyone he meets.

Personality: His tough-looks and intimidating presence hide a kind and warm-hearted man behind them, but his character always shines through when it matters. He values honor, loyalty, and kindness as his biggest virtues. He will always defend those weaker then him and as a result has gotten into many fights over the years, which usually end with his opponent laying in the dirt.


Jessie Tenenbaum Age:86 Ht:5'7 Profession: Retired

Appearance: At first glance she would appear to be a bitter old paranoid woman who hates children and thinks everyone is out to get her. In actuality, she only thinks the government is out to get her. While she is usually dressed in standard old lady clothes (with a hidden bullet proof vest underneath, naturally) she also keeps the old S.W.A.T. team riot armor of her deceased husband handy in case the threat level goes up.

Description: She and her husband were both born in Germany but left when they were each under a year old. After meeting in Austria they got together and moved to America in the late seventies. Some say her husband was the only human being she truly loved and when he passed away she was devastated. Fortunately, he left her more then enough money for her retire and maintain her "base of operations." (In reality, just the attic of her house.) Due to her odd behavior and unlady-like nature most people leave her alone, although she is still visited occasionally by salesmen or Jehovah's witnesses. Known to many of the neighborhood children as "that crazy old bitch."

Personality: Rude, suspicious, and distrustful of anyone she meets, especially government agents. She is fairly paranoid, but has always believed to be "better safe then sorry" and isn't one to take chances. After all, when the city's flooded and she has the only emergency raft in town who'll be the one laughing?


Cindy Lowel Age: 37 Ht: 5'9 Profession: Prostitute

Appearence: With short blonde hair, shimmering brown eyes, and sexy pink lipstick Cindy has been turning heads her whole life. Her attire consists entirely of short skirts, tight shirts, and a huge collection of shoes. While reasonalby modest, she is constantly trying to find new ways to wear the most revealing clothing in public as possible, to the point she has had some minor trouble with the law regarding indecency charges. But hey, what's a ticket or two when you look this good?

Description: When she was a little girl she only wanted 3 things in life: a loving husband, a nice sports car, and to be a princess. By the time she was 19 these things changed to: a partner who's good in bed, a vibrator for when she doesn't have a partner who's good in bed, and more accessories for her pimped out sports car. After wasting 3 years of her life working for an asshole pimp who treated her like shit she decided she wanted to be her own boss. She acomplished this goal by beating her former pimp within an inch of his life and taking half of his girls with her. Now she makes a living by doing what she's done best since high school... sleeping with anything that moves and beating the hell out of anyone who disses her or her girls. When not hanging out with her friends or sleeping with a client she'll often be found in one of Rustone's many clubs or bars looking for a good time.

Personality: Rude and harsh to most of the people she meets and surprisingly kind to the few people she cares about. She has a nasty habit of offending people by saying exactly whats on her mind or starting fights and arguements for petty reasons. While she has a short temper she is also amzingly street smart and knows how to take care of herself, which is why she keeps a gun on her person at all times.


The location

Rustone city

Rustone City, or "Mini Vegas" as it is sometimes called is a small, but prosperous city located a little over 100 miles outside of Las Vegas itself. Despite its isolation it gets a fair number of travelers and tourists passing through thanks to its many attractions such as Silverstone amusement park, which is located only about 4 miles outside the city. While casinos, bars, and strip clubs can be found all over the city it still manages a wholesome family image due to its large numbers of all-ages celebrations and old family-owned businesses. The city even has several old timey streets and buildings that look almost the same as they did 100 years ago.


Safe areas

Churches

Because the zombies were revived with dark magic they cannot cross holy ground. This means that any church the survivors come to will protect them from any and all types of zombie. Zombies cannot enter churches by themselves but can be knocked/pulled/pushed into one. If this happens they will be unable to move and lose any power they have until they exit (their eyes will still glow red while inside). Many churches all over the city have been fortified to offer more protection and often contain useful items that the survivors may find useful like food or ammo. Some people have even left behind maps and signs that give directions to nearby safe areas. The universal symbol for a safe area is a triangle with a cross inside it and will also often have an arrow under it or above it pointing in the direction of the safe room. Keep in mind that while most other survivors are more then happy to let others inside there may be a few selfish or insane survivors who will deny entry to others and possibly even attack them.


Non-holy safe locations

Several areas have been fortified to protect against zombies with varying success. Because these areas lack the holy protection given by churches they can be destroyed by zombies. Many of these places are damaged but still standing while others have been wiped out completely. Like churches, many of these locations have useful items left behind by other survivors and may not be all that friendly to newcomers.
The symbol for this type of safe area is a triangle inside a square.


Re-supply locations

Many survivors discard excess supplies once they find improvements or are unable to carry any more. While a lot of these supplies end up being thrown on the ground or abandoned in hard to reach locations some people are kind enough to leave extra supplies in places were other survivors are likely to find them. These places are simply known as Re-supply locations. They range in size and scope from a few cases of bullets and a bottle of water in an empty trash can to a small garages worth of weapons, food, and medical aid. Important to note is that re-supply locations are NOT SAFE AREAS and in most cases survivors are just as vulnerable to attack as any other time. They are marked with a large R in a circle to let people know what they are. If one of these locations is cleaned out it is common courtesy to cross out the R symbol so no one will waste their time checking it for supplies.


Zombies

Zombies are humans that were brought back to life with dark magic. Since they were revived with dark magic getting bitten, scratched, or injured by them DOES NOT turn you into one. However anyone who is killed by one DOES turn into one of them. They come in 2 types:normal and special.


Normal: This type of zombie has 3 levels depending on how strong they are. When a person is killed they turn into a level one zombie(unless they become a special zombie). They level up by killing living cretures.

Level One: This level of zombie looks like a normal human except for its glowing red eyes. It moves slowly and has only half of the strangth of a normal human.It can be killed with a headshot, a shot to the heart, or by burning it to death. Rarity:*

Level Two: This level is as fast and strong as an adult human and has sharp clawlike fingernails along with pointed teeth. It is also more violent then a level one. This level can not be killed by fire or a shot to the heart like a level one. Rarity:**

Level Three: This level is extremly deadly. It looks like a monsterous human with glowing red eyes and a pentagram symbol somewhere on its body. This pentagram is its only weak point and must be destroyed to kill it. All level 3 zombies look fairly humanoid but each has a special unique ability that no other zombie has. When using this abilities their pentagram symbols glow bright red, making them easier to spot. Rarity:****


Special: This type has no levels, instead each type has a different ability. Only about 1 in 15 people who are killed become a special zombie (Any animals killed become Beasts).

Pyro: A pyro moves as fast as a level two zombie, but walks most of the time. It looks exactly like a normal human except for its glowing redish-orange skin. Its skin is hot to the touch and many of the things it touches burst into flames or sometimes explode. It is completely immune to fire. They are not hard to kill, but whenever one dies its entire body bursts into flames that quickly spred. When a human gets too close the pyro will raise its body tempature causeing anything within a 5 foot radius to catch fire or melt. Pyro's hate water and are often found in places where they can stay dry. Rarity:****

Mimic: A mimic is the only zombie that doesn't have glowing red eyes...because it tries to disguise itself as a living human. It can walk or run and even perfectly immitate human speech. While they may seem human, there are several things that can give them away:A mimic can survive wounds that wound kill a normal human(If someone walks up to you missing half of their face or with most of their blood gone and ask for help, they are a mimic.), mimics don't have heartbeats, mimics will try to lead living humans into danerous situations or to other zombies, and mimics are often found in small groups while pretending to be survivors. So when ever you find survivers in something like a sealed room with no food or water and they have been there a long time, they are mimics. A mimics weakspot is its upper torso, a headshot will only slow them down. Rarity:****

Deathtouch: A deathtouch is perhaps the most deadly type of zombie that can be found, it is also the most rare. The walk slowly and are not vary strong, but are vary dangerous. A deathtouch is easily spoted as it is surrounded by a deep red mist. This mist is highly toxic and coming into contact with it can be fatal. Fourtunately the mist only extends about 3 feet from the zombies body. The zomies body itself is red like the mist and simply touching it is almost instantly fatal as its entire body is filled with a deadly virus. Deathtouches have no weakpoints, the only way to stop them is reduceing them to paste, which is vary difficult as their skin is twice as strong as a normal humans and they can't be killed by fire. Rarity:*****

Nightmare: These are probaly one of the most fearsome types of zombie. They have the very eerie ability of absorbing all manner of illumination within a 30 foot radius. The veil of shadows remain over their corpses after they die, so no one knows what they really look like. Things like flash lights or even floodlights are useless agenst them as they absorb the light itself. All that is known about them is that they are vaugely humanoid, they have two legs and a head, but they have four arms. They also seem to have the strangth and speed of an average human. The only things that are visible in their shroud of night is their 4 glowing red eyes. They are often identified right away as they look like large black clouds moving slowly over fields and streets. They often also allow other zombies to hide themselves in its black veil which makes it extreamly dangerous.(The other zombies eyes don't glow in the shadows like the nightmare's do.) Rarity:*****

Carrier: These zombies look more like giant monsterous bats then humans. It has six human-like arms(but no legs) that it uses to carry other zombies(except sumo) to locations that they couldn't normally reach. The have two pairs of wings and stand between 8-10 feet tall. They can be killed with a headshot and its wings are very weak and can be easily burned or shot off. If it loses its wings it will crawl along the ground and claw and bite at living humans. Rarity:****

Beast: The name beast refers to all the animals that were zombiefied by the event that took place 5 days ago. These animals are all fast moving and ruthless. Birds that once sang happily outside windows now swarm and peck to death anything left alive. Deer that once avoided humans will now hunt them down and gore them to death. Fish that would just swim in the rivers and ponds now rip apart anything near them(except Swimmers). All zombie animals have glowing red eyes and can be killed with a headshot. Rarity:*

Digger: A digger will find one spot it likes and remain there. It digs holes to hide in with its huge claws. It grabs people and will drag them underground. It can be killed with a headshot, but rarely sticks its head above ground. Its claws are razor sharp and can easily cut through metal. Diggers can also shoot tentacules from its mouth to snare pray. Rarity:****

Slimer: The slimer is a nasty zombie named for its 3 different slime abilites. The first is the red slime attack. Red slime is acidic and can melt steel. The second is the blue slime attack. Blue slime is sticky and doesn't wash off with water, it wears off after about 5 minutes. Finally, there is the purple slime attack. Purple slime is highly flamable and will burst into flames in hot areas. It may also explode. The slimer moves slowly, but can spit slime up to 50 feet away. Slimers usually have slime dripping from their mouths. One headshot is all it takes to kill them, but their corpse will dissolve into a random type of slime. Rarity:****

Ghost: A zombie that is very likely to induce paranoia in survivors who encounter it. At first glance it appears to look just like a level one zombie, but in reality it is far more deadly. It can become transparent and intangible for up to one minute at a time allowing to harmlessly pass through anything it wants (except a church). It is as fast and strong as a normal human, but is immune to fire even when it isn't intangible. Lastly, its ability to move through objects only applies to it and other zombies cannot be affected by it. Rarity:****

Swarmer: A somewhat bloated-looking zombie that is home to thousands of hellish insects. Upon injury or death, it releases them to seek out survivors. Oddly, these insects don't have glowing eyes like the zombies and seem to be normal and unzombified, yet appear out of nowhere whenever a Swarmer is created, making them supernatural in nature. Swarmers come in three types (although it is impossible to tell them apart from each other based on appearances): spider, ant, and wasp. Rarity:***

Brawler: An aggressive zombie with large mutated arms that excels at beating survivors to death. Due to its massive upper body strength it can easily climb up the sides of buildings and cliffs, along with being able to throw objects with moderate accuracy. Despite its impressive physical attributes it can easily be kill with a headshot or burning to death. While fairly unintelligent it does have enough sense to use its massive arms as shields when under attack, making it somewhat hard to kill with low-caliber weapons. Rarity:****

Bride: A strange and horrifying zombie with deathly pale skin, sickly white hair, and glowing white eyes. Despite its terrifying looks it is actually a passive zombie that wanders aimlessly while crying or moaning. It is able to talk, but only speaks one word: the name of its lost lover. Although it may seem harmless at first it is actually one of the more deadly zombies. When it comes into close contact with a Groom both will be driven to a rage. In this enraged state they both have glowing red eyes and will gain access to their special abilities. The Brides abilities are increased speed, agility, and the ability to summon white fire. This fire is an otherworldly flame that the Bride can use to envelop and protect herself or shoot at enemies. Unlike normal fire, white fire can burn on anything and eat through any substance. It cannot be put out with water and stops burning after a short period of time. A bride is always female. Rarity:*****

Groom: A melancholy zombie with shiny black hair, shimmering black skin, and dark void-like eyes that wanders from place to place much like its counterpart. It too can only speak a single word: the name of its lost lover. Like the Bride, it is passive until the two come in contact with each other. Its special abilities are hardened skin that stops bullets and most types of blunt force and enlonged sickle-like talons that can slice through anything. A groom is always male. Rarity:*****

Voodoo: The deadly Voodoo zombie is passive, but also one of the most dangerous specials a survivour can encounter. Just as its name implies, whatever anyone does to it they suffer themselves. Even worse is the fact that there is no way to tell a Voodoo from a normal level one zombie unless you harm it. Luckily, whenever one is in the area survivors will feel occasional sharp pains that intensifly slightly as it draws closer. Rarity:****

Infector: The Infector is a really nasty zombie that carries a powerful virus in its fangs. One bite will transform a survivor into one of the undead in a matter of seconds. Survivors that are transformed this way have a 50% greater chance of becoming a special zombie than if they were killed by the zombies in another way. Dispite also having sharp claws, they are not poisonous and seem to be a last resort if the Infector is unable to bite its prey. Killing an Infector is as easy as killing any level 2 zombie so long as the survivour avoids being bitten. Oddly, an Infectors eyes glow a bright sickly green instead of red like the other zombies which makes it somewhat easier to spot in a crowd. Rarity:****


The rules

1. You can not introduce any new zombies of your own, please use the ones listed.

2. Keep in mind the story begins 3 days after the zombies appeared, the survivors all start out alone in a location were they have managed to find shelter. There are no other people alive(except for the few other survivors that might be found later).

3. Keep this realistic, nothing cartoonish or stupid.

4. Survivors MAY die.

5. Cursing, violence, gore, adult content/situations, and nudity is fine. In fact most of those things are expected.

6. Sex is allowed with a few conditions:
a. No sex when there is the danger of a zombie attack.
b. This is a zombie story, not a porn story, if chapters start focusing too much on sex they will be deleted or edited.

7. All the characters live in the same city so they may meet and join up with each other.

8. Finally, characters are not allow leaving the area unless they are rescued somehow, and they can't be rescued before chapter 20.


IMPORTANT NOTE: When this interactive was first created I used several ideas given to me by friends that I've grown to dislike and have removed or rewritten. As such, many elements have changed and some older chapters may be out of date. As such, please reread the important information above to get up to date on what is going on. I thank you all for reading and apologize for any inconvenience this might have caused. I'll also try to make sure something like this doesn't happen again.
IMPORTANT NOTICE and DISCLAIMER: The content in this story has been rated GC. However, since this story is created by members, Writing.Com can not control the content within it. As with any item on Writing.Com, the content rating MAY or MAY NOT be accurate and the site makes no guarantees as to the accuracy. Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates will not be held responsible for the content within this interactive story. Posters accept all responsibility, legal and otherwise, for the content they've uploaded / submitted / posted on Writing.Com.
Please assume this story MAY contain graphic language, sexually explicit text, violence and/or any other displeasing topic you can or can't think up! To be certain you don't encounter textual content that may be offensive, you should leave this area and not continue on within this item.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/1748874-The-Five-Forgotten-2