*Magnify*
Path to this Chapter:
  1. George
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/1607409-Testing-the-Shrink-Ray-Again/cid/1268656-George
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
by Small1
Rated: 18+ · Interactive · Sci-fi · #1607409
Fifteen years later, the shrink ray is ready to shrink again!
Chapter #1

George

    by: Small1
George Boone walked into the lab where his brother works. He was dressed in a pair of running shorts, a sweat-stained T-shirt and his extremely well-worn sneakers. He had just finished a rough practice with the lacrosse team he coached for the college. Not so many years ago, he had been the star of the same school's lacrosse team. After he got a degree and graduated, his old coach accepted a new job and the school was more than happy to hire a former star player as the new coach.


George, who stood six foot and four inches, looked around the lab, which was evidently empty, except for a strange machine surrounded by a clutter of parts and tools. The entire setting looked like a process interrupted.

He had texted ahead to inform his brother he wanted to stop by to take him out to eat. Although they were far different in looks and temperament, they had a good relationship. George had even helped pull strings to get Henry the post as a graduate research assistant. They hadn't seen each other in about a week. During a brief phone call, Henry had said he had made an amazing discovery that he would be ready to share soon.

George looked around, somewhat irritated, to find the lab empty with no sign of his brother. While he waited, he moved closer to the confusing assembly of cables, wires and other equipment that trailed toward a complex control panel. From the ceiling near the center of the room descended a strange-looking dome. Some exposed wires and cables dangled from the dome, too.

He figured it was better that his brother had the brains. Looking around at the confusing mess, he realized he wouldn't know where to begin to assemble whatever the strange device might be.

While he continued to wait, he noticed something tiny and pale scurrying among some of the haphazardly discarded tools. He walked closer and reached for a screwdriver, which the tiny creature had sprinted toward to avoid his approach.

When he picked up the screwdriver, however, he no longer saw the strange little bug. He stretched out his hand and put the tool down on a nearby table, failing to see the tiny form that dropped from the screwdriver and fell to the tabletop.

He decided he had waited long enough and pulled out his phone to call his brother. Somewhere nearby, but totally unheard by George, a phone rang.



Members who added to this interactive
story also contributed to these:

Story Outline   · Recent Additions

© Copyright 2024 Small1 (UN: small1 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Small1 has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work within this interactive story. Poster accepts all responsibility, legal and otherwise, for the content uploaded, submitted to and posted on Writing.Com.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/1607409-Testing-the-Shrink-Ray-Again/cid/1268656-George