*Magnify*
Path to this Chapter:
  1. A Drop of Magic
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/1609577-Rainbow-Drops/cid/777653-A-Drop-of-Magic
Rated: 18+ · Interactive · Fantasy · #1609577
A bag of magical sweets can easily turn lives upside down...
Chapter #1

A Drop of Magic

    by: Michelle-the-Monster
"Tough choice," you thought to yourself, staring at the shelves of candy, "I don't know what to get!"

Everything looked so tempting in this new candy store. But what could you get for just 10 cents? It's very irregular for an 18-year old to have only 10 cents in the world on him, let alone be the oldest person in a candy store excluding the shopkeeper.

Suddenly a small bag on the bottom shelf caught your eye. It's seemed like it is the only pack left in stock. You picked it and read the label.

"Rainbow Drops? Never heard of them." But you were always willing to try anything new, and cheap. So you handed the small bag over to the shopkeeper, who glared at you with concern. You tried your best not to make eye contact with him, but as you handed over your 10 cents, he addressed you.

"You really want to buy these, Edward?" he asked.

Confused, you looked at him and answered. "Yes I do. Why? What's the matter with them?"

"This is no ordinary confectionery. These sweets possess magical powers."

"What?"

"It is said that if one of these drops touches your taste buds, and you make a wish, it will come true."

"I don't believe you. Just give me the candy."

"Very well. We shall see." He hands over the bag of candy reluctantly as you snatch it from his hand.

As you made your way back home you took the time to think to yourself. "What a crazy old crone! Why would he actually believe that these Rainbow Drops are magic!?" The walk was quite distant, so you decided to read the labels on the back of the pack. But rather than ingredients, it only stated some kind of instructions. This candy. It couldn't possibly be magic can't it?

The instructions stated that whatever color drop you make a wish upon, a different outcome will occur.

Unfazed by these instructions, you gave in and finally opened the pack. You picked out a yellow drop and dropped it into your mouth. As you contained it in your mouth you made your wish.

"I wish I had 50 dollars."

As you swallowed you checked your wallet and your pockets. Nothing. With a sigh of dissatisfaction you came to the conclusion that these Rainbow Drops aren't magic at all. But it's not all disappointing. They actually tasted really great. Guess the British really outdid themselves with this confectionery. You decided to save them for later, and stowed them in your pocket.

Just like a child arriving from school, you arrived at home. You walked through the door, placed the packet of Rainbow Drops on the small table in the hallway and headed straight upstairs. As you climbed up the staircase you could hear voices from the kitchen. No doubt that it was Barbara and David, your parents, arguing once again. Sometimes you wondered why you were born into the Burton family.

You reached the top of the stairs to see both of your sisters' bedroom doors shut. You thought to yourself, wishing that Melina, your 19-year old sister, was out, and that Jessica, your 11-year old bratty sister, was playing with her friends. Of course, you have had a history of being wrong about these things. And as you entered your own bedroom, you found something that is no different.

You're shocked to find a 50 dollar bill, just sitting there on your untidy bed. In disbelief, you picked it up and held it in front of your eyes for a closer investigation. It was a real dollar bill alright. This really got you thinking. "Did my wish come true?"

As you wondered to yourself, you decided on what to do next.
Members who added to this interactive
story also contributed to these:

Story Outline   · Recent Additions

© Copyright 2024 Michelle-the-Monster (UN: brezzy666 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Michelle-the-Monster has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work within this interactive story. Poster accepts all responsibility, legal and otherwise, for the content uploaded, submitted to and posted on Writing.Com.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/1609577-Rainbow-Drops/cid/777653-A-Drop-of-Magic