*Magnify*
Path to this Chapter:
  1. The Storm
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/1629769-Belittling/cid/810441-The-Storm
Rated: 13+ · Interactive · Other · #1629769
Sticks and bones may break my bones, but words can always shrink me
Chapter #1

The Storm

    by: Final7Darkness
“Hay Emma have you got those files I need?” I asked as I walked up to Emma, a fellow worker as she was at the photocopier. “Yeah, I already gave it to you remember?” answered Emma as she looked at me. “Really?” I said as I looked her strangely. “What is it? Don’t believe me?” said Emma as she gave me an odd look.

“Why don’t you check that folder of yours” said Emma as she looked at the folder that I was holding. I opened the folder and to my shock, it was there. “There you see” she said as she patted me on mine left shoulder as she left.
“What’s going on?” I asked as I noticed some sort of strangeness around me. “Joe! The boss wants to see you in her office” said Emma as she looked at me. I went off into the boss’s office and sat down on a chair.

“Joe…I’m sorry but I have to let you go” said Gina, the boss as she sat on her seat all high and mighty. “What did you say?” I said as I didn’t believe what I just heard. “Like I said I have to let you go due to downsizing” she answered. Just then, I felt the ground below me disappear.
“Right then, I believe its best that you should leave now” Gina said as she stood up and showed me out of the office. As I stood up and walked pass her, the two of us noticed that something was odd but shook it off. I went to my desk and began to pack my things. “Hay what happen…Joe?” asked Emma as she looked at me and saw that I was packing my things.

“I’ve been fired Emma…god! What else can go wrong?” I said as I picked up a box with my things inside. “Oh the company are gonna miss you” said Emma as she hugged me. “Thank you, well then, goodbye, hope to see you around sometime” I said as I walked out of the office.

I walked out to the car park and put my things in my car, got in and began to drive my way home. As I was driving, I felt like taking a detour home so I took the long way by along the seafront. As I was driving, I noticed that it was getting really dark as night was beginning to fall. I also noticed that there was hardly anyone else driving along the road; I looked out at the sea and began to see something strange.
Out in the far distance, something was shining throughout the darkness and it was growing bigger and bigger.

I stopped the car, got out and tried to get a better look the object that he could see. The shiny object was getting even bigger and was beginning to give off a colour which I could make it out as a dark green. I was beginning to panic as the green object slowly turned into what I could tell was lightning but it was coloured green. The lightning was heading towards me as I suddenly headed towards my car but before I could get in I was struck by the green lightning.

I couldn’t tell what happened next as I found it very hard to breathe then moments later everything went black.
I don’t know how long it’s been; it could have been hours or days but I heard something,

“Excuse me, sir?” said a female voice. I woke up with my eyes still closed. “Huh? Wha…where am I?” I asked as I opened my eyes and found myself back in my car at the seafront. “You’re at the seafront sir” said the woman again. I looked at the woman and noticed that she’s a policewoman. “Oh thanks for waking me…what time is it?” I asked as I looked up at her. The woman looks at her watch and answered, “Its just five minutes past seven” “Oh thanks officer, I will go then” I said as I started my car up and began to drive off.

“What the heck was that thing last night?” I thought as I was driving up to my drive through. I got out and entered my house. As I was wandering around the place, trying work out what I just been through, I noticed something strange about the house, it was like something was out of place. I went upstairs to take a shower and changed into a pair of clean clothes.

At that moment, I didn’t know that my life would turn upside down as the people I know and love will treat me differently. I first learnt this when I went to speak to Alexis, my girlfriend.

You have the following choice:

1. Enter the Bedroom

Members who added to this interactive
story also contributed to these:

Story Outline   · Recent Additions

© Copyright 2024 Final7Darkness (UN: final7darkness at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Final7Darkness has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work within this interactive story. Poster accepts all responsibility, legal and otherwise, for the content uploaded, submitted to and posted on Writing.Com.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/1629769-Belittling/cid/810441-The-Storm