*Magnify*
Path to this Chapter:
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/1632846-Problem-Child/cid/1066545-Grace-rushes-in
Rated: 13+ · Interactive · Action/Adventure · #1632846
I start to develop a strange power, what will I do?
This choice: Grace rushes in.  •  Go Back...
Chapter #3

Grace rushes in.

    by: Scifiwizard Retired
After I had finished screaming, I heard someone running to the bathroom door. It opened and I saw Grace hurry in to see me in my boxers. "Dad! What's wrong!?" she asked, startled and surprised. "I thought you had already left for work!"

"I know this sounds insane, sis but I'm not dad!" I told her, shaking. "I'm Garth!"

Grace looked at me, unimpressed. "This is not funny, dad." she said. "You were really harsh with Garth last night, don't make fun of him, if he hears you..."

"You got to believe me, Grace!" I said, desperate. "I can prove I'm your brother, ask me anything!"

Grace rolled her eyes, thinking her father had lost his mind. "Okay, here is a question only my brother would know." she said, looking at me. "Who did I have a secret crush on when I was twelve years old?"

Knowing who my sister was talking about, I quickly replied, "Natalie Turner, who still lives next door. You and she have been secretly dating for the passed two weeks."

Grace's eyes widened before she gave me a warm hug. "Oh my gosh! It's really you, Garth!" she said, shocked as she released me. "What happened to you?"

"I.. I'm not sure." I replied. "I woke up like this, feeling more refreshed than I had been in a long while." I began to freak a little. "Sis, I'm scared, this doesn't normally happen to people!"

"Not over night, it doesn't." agreed Grace. she paused, wincing. "Have you been taking any..."

"You know I don't do drugs!" I said, annoyed. "Even then, nothing I heard of would do this over night!" I sighed, feeling guilty as Grace took a step back. "I'm sorry, I know you're just looking at all of the possibilities."

Grace sighed herself, shaking her head. "All of that extra muscle mass, growing so quickly must be sending your testosterone levels off the chart." she mussed. "I'd have yourself checked out at the hospital, if I were you, this could be the beginning of something worse."

"Or it could just be a freak hormone imbalance." you countered. "Let's just call the family doctor." I was not too keen on going to the hospital after the argument I had with dad the night before. "I guess I don't need to go to the gym today."

Grace shook her head. "This is nothing to take lightly, bro." she said, tearing up. "This could be life threatening." she then turned to the open bathroom door. "MOMMY!!"

Mom came running as Grace had not called her 'mommy' for years and never with such emotion. "What's going on!?!" she looked at me and screamed. "Ted!" she said surprised.

I began to cry as Grace shook her head. "That's not dad." she said. "It's Garth!"

Mom turned to me with the same unbelieving look Grace had, I knew I had to convince her fast. "Mom, you know I would never tell dad you had accidentally wrecked the other car last month." you said quietly. "He wouldn't believe me anyway."

Hearing my statement, Mom nearly fainted as I had taken the blame for wrecking the car. Grace's expression showed that she was stunned as well but she quickly recovered and gave mom a light shake. "Mom, whatever is happening to Garth could get worse, we have to get him to the hospital, now!"

Although mom was badly shaken, she ran for the phone. "Dad has the only working car." she said, picking up the receiver and frantically dialing. "Don't worry, Gar, I'll get you there!"

Who does mom call?

You have the following choices:

1. 9-1-1.

*Noteb*
2. Dad.

*Noteb*
3. A neighbor.

*Noteb* indicates the next chapter needs to be written.
Members who added to this interactive
story also contributed to these:

<<-- Previous · Outline   · Recent Additions

© Copyright 2024 Scifiwizard Retired (UN: scilock at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Scifiwizard Retired has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work within this interactive story. Poster accepts all responsibility, legal and otherwise, for the content uploaded, submitted to and posted on Writing.Com.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/1632846-Problem-Child/cid/1066545-Grace-rushes-in