*Magnify*
Path to this Chapter:
  1. Jessica Wild
  2. Who am I??
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/1653560-Monster-Child/cid/1225268-Jessica-Wild
Rated: 13+ · Interactive · Supernatural · #1653560
I am slowly changing into a monster! What can I do!?
This choice: Jessica Wild  •  Go Back...
Chapter #2

Jessica Wild

    by: Unknown
Brandon Wickers, along with his copy-cat gang, made it a point to 'greet' me everyday. When I say copycat, I'm not kidding. Recently, Wicker had been forced by his mom to wear braces, and within a week, it became some sort of 'fashionable trend' to take after. And if I recall, two weeks earlier, braces were supposed to be the most degrading sort of metallic device ever.

So the moment Wicker made it a point to 'greet me', it became a new fad.

"Hey there witchy-girl!" 'Wicked' would call from the other end of the class every morning.

And his little cronies would echo the same sentence after him. If you hadn't listened to that for the past three years of your life, you would have thought it was some sort of cheer or something.

The bastards. "Get some new lines!" I would yell back.

And a flicker of amusement would appear on his features.

That happened everyday.


One day, I finally plucked up my courage to ask him a question which had been troubling me for the past three years. How coincidental, for our Biology teacher had forced us to be science partners for some sort of Bunsen Burner experiment. Alright, I admit it, I was terribly afraid of fire.

"See, see!" Wicked exclaimed accusingly. "You're doing it again!"

"Shut up and light the Bunsen Burner," I ordered him, having no idea what the hell he was talking about.

Wicked looked me in the eye. "Dare you to on the Bunsen Burner, witchy-girl."

"Well," I bit my lip. I was so NOT going to admit I was scared of fire. Not when he was looking at me in such a condescending manner. "Errr..."

"Knew it!" He said triumphantly. "Witches fear fire!"

I feigned a sigh. "Always knew you were missing something up there. I wonder..." I pretended to think. "Of course! Must be your brain eh?"

He ignored me. "That's why they burnt witches in the past," Wicked explained gleefully. "Tied them to a stick and fried them with fire."

Fine, I did make a mistake of sharing that I came from a long line of Wiccans for my Elementary School show and tell. Really, it wasn't my fault. I just thought that I might be somewhat interesting and fetch me a high grade. But who knew? Not only did I barely pass, but next thing I knew, Wicked and his gang had adjusted from not noticing me at all, to labeling me 'witchy-girl'. Old habits die hard, three years later, he still sticks to the nickname.

"Are you done yet?" I groaned.

"Wait for the good part," he continued with sadistic excitement. "One day, I'm gonna sneak up on you with a cross and BOO-YAH!"

I'm supposedly good with dealing with annoying guys which come around to bug me daily, but with Wicked, its different. He completely redefines the meaning of annoying, and totally pisses the hell out of me. It's amazing, his skills.

"And then I'll take a bunch of holy water and-"

SHUT UP! ENOUGH WAS ENOUGH! I was boiling mad now. At the moment, I was wishing I was really a witch. If I were a witch, I would have turned him into a toad there and then. But unfortunately, I wasn't.

Then, despite my blind rage, I swore I felt a strange sensation of energy... or power... surge through me. I felt like I could control everything and anything at my will. I felt invincible... Hah?

And suddenly, Wicked looked downright afraid. Maybe it was just a figment of my imagination. But he did looked rather unlike himself.

"You have to explain yourself," Wicked suddenly whispered gently. "I've always kinda known that... Besides your witchy green eyes and black hair, you can... OK. Admit it, you ain't normal either."

"You're crazy!"

"My family has known the Wilds for generations."

"So?" I asked incredulously. "That doesn't explain anything!"

Wicked chewed his lip thoughtfully for a moment. "OK, you tell me your secret, and I'll tell you mine," He randomly piped out.

What secret? This guy was plain weird. Maybe his 'secret' explained why he had been picking on me ever since he learnt I had 'Wiccan' blood in my veins according to him. If that was the case, I would definitely like to know.

In the background, the Biology teacher yelled, "ON THE BUNSEN BURNER ALREADY!"

Wicked rolled his eyes, winked at me, and switched on the Bunsen burner with a flick of the lighter. That idiot, he should have done it earlier then.

But, something else was troubling my mind. I wondered what secret?

You have the following choices:

1. Wicker's family are 'witch hunters/haters'.

*Noteb*
2. Wicked actually is a monster child too!

3. Others

*Noteb* indicates the next chapter needs to be written.
Members who added to this interactive
story also contributed to these:

<<-- Previous · Outline   · Recent Additions

© Copyright 2024. All rights reserved.
Scifiwizard Retired has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work within this interactive story. Poster accepts all responsibility, legal and otherwise, for the content uploaded, submitted to and posted on Writing.Com.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/1653560-Monster-Child/cid/1225268-Jessica-Wild