*Magnify*
Path to this Chapter:
  1. In a hospital room.
  2. How it started...
  3. Who am I??
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/1653560-Monster-Child/cid/1254711-In-a-hospital-room
Rated: 13+ · Interactive · Supernatural · #1653560
I am slowly changing into a monster! What can I do!?
This choice: In a hospital room.  •  Go Back...
Chapter #3

In a hospital room.

    by: blue jellybaby
My eyes opened slowly, the dim light of the room seeping into my pupils. They shrank, hiding from the sudden light before adjusting. As I glanced around me I saw I was in a room by myself, the blinds pulled down to hide most of the sun. I lay in one of those high rise beds with rails on either side so I couldn't fall out. I had a bedside table to my left and to my right there was one of those trolleys that hovered over your bed.

As if on cue, a nurse opened my door and walked in, a smile on her face. "Hi Jon," she grinned. "You're looking a little better."

"What happened?" I asked, my voice was croaky.

"We're still trying to figure that out ourselves," she told me. She picked up my chart from the bottom of the bed and began to flip through it. "You seemed to have a fall."

"But I fell okay now, can I go home?" I wasn't lying. I did feel much better and didn't see the point being cooped up in bed. Besides, I was missing my first day at school.

"Sorry hon, not yet," she shook her head. "We're doing a few tests."

"Tests, what for?" I asked, confused.


"Well, you're looking awfully pale. We're worried you might be suffering from anaemia."

"Oh.”

“Don’t worry, it won’t take much longer and your mum is on her way.”

“Okay.”

“I’m just going to take some blood before she gets here, that okay?”

“Sure,” I held out my arm for her, exposing my vein. She took the blood and left me alone once more. The silence in the room was deafening.

A few minutes later my mum walked through the door, her eyes misting up as soon as she saw me. She rushed to my bed, smothering me with cuddles.

“Oh my boy,” she stroked my hair, pushing it back from my head.

“Mum stop fussing,” I snapped pushing her hand away.

“What happened?” she asked.

“I fell,” I told her. “They’re just doing some blood tests to make sure I’m okay before I can go.”

As if on cue the nurse walked back into the room.

“I’m afraid I have some bad news….” She began.
*Noteb* indicates the next chapter needs to be written.
Members who added to this interactive
story also contributed to these:

<<-- Previous · Outline   · Recent Additions

© Copyright 2024 blue jellybaby (UN: joanne4eva at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Scifiwizard Retired has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work within this interactive story. Poster accepts all responsibility, legal and otherwise, for the content uploaded, submitted to and posted on Writing.Com.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/1653560-Monster-Child/cid/1254711-In-a-hospital-room