*Magnify*
Path to this Chapter:
  1. How it started...
  2. Who am I??
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/1653560-Monster-Child/cid/1141040-How-it-started
Rated: 13+ · Interactive · Supernatural · #1653560
I am slowly changing into a monster! What can I do!?
This choice: Jon Que.  •  Go Back...
Chapter #2

How it started...

    by: Scifiwizard Retired
It all started on my first day of college. I got out of bed after mom yelled for me to get up about nine times then staggered into the bathroom and took my shower. It was the same old routine, just going to a new school. I was always usually the first to get up but, for some reason, I had a difficult time waking up that morning. The hot water of the shower helped but I could not shake how tired I felt.

"Jon, you better get going or you're going to be late!" yelled my mom from the living room. "Katie has already left and I have to get Sam to the bus stop!"

"I'm coming, mom!" I called, hurrying. "Just a second!"

My older sister, Katie, was nineteen and just starting college, she had already left for the week. My younger brother, Sam, got bused to school as it was five miles away. As for me, I didn't get any busing as my college was only about two miles away from our house, it sucked to have to walk but what could I do, I was running late.

"I'm coming!" I called again, running down the stairs. "I'll grab a bite to eat at the cafeteria before home room."

"You better, young man." scolded mom. "If you look this pale when you get home, you are going to the hospital."

My mom worked as a doctor at the local hospital so she had little time to get me and my siblings going. She nearly kept me home as I was looking pale the night before but it was my first day, I wanted to go. I gave mom a quick kiss and ran out the door as she yelled out, "Don't take the short cut through the woods, you hear me!?"

"Yeah, yeah!" I replied, running off."

It wasn't long before I realized just how late I actually was and decided to take the shortcut through the dense woods. Mom had told me, when I was a lot younger, that there were reports of strange going ons in the dense woods between my house and the new high school and there were many protests about building the college on the far edge of it. I never really believed the wild tales of screams in the night and mysterious moaning during the day. Still, I kept my guard up anyway, just in case, as the woods were as dark as night inside. I thought I was ready for anything, having heard all of the stories a thousand times. Then, I heard a young woman screaming in the distance. out of instinct, i ran towards the screams, hoping to help, but I was not ready for the ground beneath me to suddenly give way...

"Woah!" I screamed, falling in. As I fell further and further, I knew I was in trouble. "Oh, Shi..."

I hit the ground and blacked out...

When I woke up in what seemed like hours later, I found myself...

You have the following choices:

1. In a hospital room.

2. In a cave.

3. On a steel table in a high tech lab.

4. Inside an old shack.

5. Somewhere else.

Members who added to this interactive
story also contributed to these:

<<-- Previous · Outline   · Recent Additions

© Copyright 2024 Scifiwizard Retired (UN: scilock at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Scifiwizard Retired has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work within this interactive story. Poster accepts all responsibility, legal and otherwise, for the content uploaded, submitted to and posted on Writing.Com.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/1653560-Monster-Child/cid/1141040-How-it-started