*Magnify*
Path to this Chapter:
  1. Wait until morning
  2. The beginning
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/1662525-Skin-Suits/cid/864329-Wait-until-morning
Rated: 18+ · Interactive · Fantasy · #1662525
You happen upon a secret formula that allows you to grow disguises of anyone
This choice: Wait until morning  •  Go Back...
Chapter #2

Wait until morning

    by: Unknown
[Betty Bleu: Henry's partner in science class. She is nerdy pretty, with long curly black hair and a nice body. Has a secret crush on him and often throws suble hints at him that he completely misses; so she always agrees to help him in science projects, to spend time with him]

         Henry looked at the clock . It was getting late and he had to go to school tommorow, so he put the sheet back, making a mental note to try it out later. After all, the instructions were pretty simple and it wouldn't hurt to try. He went to bed, turning off the lights.
         The next day, as he was walking towards his locker, Betty, his lab partner, came up to him. She looked as usual, neat and nerdy. But, he noticed, she seemed to be wearing a little makeup. T'hat's new, he thought. Maybe she has a date today. Bummer, he thought. She won't be able to come over to help me.
         'Hey Henry.' She sounded a little breathless, but that could be because she was carrying so many thick science books.
         'Hiya, Bet. 'sup?
         'Oh, nothing. Just working on the research.' Her studying habits were prone to give others an inferiority complex and Henry felt bad for just copying and pasting his stuff.
         ''Why do you do all your reserach like that? I mean, you can just use the net.' He shook his head.
         'The net, contrary to the popular concept, is not the place for correct information. It's like walking in a room full of girls gossiping about latest news in school; everybody contradicts themselves. Besides, I learn better this way''
         'Yeah, I guess.' This wasn't the first time they were having this conversation. He took out his book and they started walking towards the class, Betty chattering excidedly about awesome report she'd written on the making of plastic. Henry wasn't really paying attention to her but when she used the word bioplastic, he tuned in.
'What was that about bioplastic?'
         'Oh that. I couldn't understand if I should add that to my report or not. I mean, it counts as a type of plastic, does it not. We're just supposed to focus on general formation. But I added it anyway. Better safe than sorry.'
         'Yeah!' His mind went back to the 'Formation of disguise through basic bioplastic.'Hey, I found something really interesting last night about bioplastic. It was a sort of recipe for.. I don't know, disguise???'
         'Wow. A recipe.' She sounded like she was restraining herself from launching into criticism.
         'Yeah. I know it sounds kinda stupid but I was gonna try it today, after school. I mean, it looked pretty basic. So, I thought we could...'' He trailed off, suddenly recalling that Betty was wearing makeup... 'Well, work on it. But that, only if you're free. I totally understand if you have to go elsewhere...'
         'No, it's okay. I'm free.' Betty sounded, Henry thought, a little disappointed.
         'Betty, if you're going out with someone, it's fine by me. I'll work alone.'
         'What?Oh, no no, it's okay. I'd rather spend my time with you..' she lowered her voice. Feeling a little unnerved at the sudden change in her tone, he cleared his throat. 'Well, in that case, I'll pick you up after school. 'k?
         'Okay.'

         After spending a tiring day at school and struggling through types of plastic, he picked Betty at the library and they walked to his house. He took her to his room and took out the recipe. Betty and Henry poured over the recipe, and he was grateful for her help because he had no idea where to find his ladies cosmetics; he was surprised to find out that Betty, too, kept her backpack full of girlish stuff. He'd always assumed that was only for the cheerleaders. The last ingredient of all was, 'Hair of the person whose plastic suit is to be made.'

         Betty had been extremely generous and had decided not to point out the ridiculousness of the whole project, but she couldn't contain herself any longer. She burst out laughing. 'You have got to be kidding me. I mean, really? How's it even supposed to work? '
         'Look Betty, I told you it was just an experiment...' He couldn't really blame her since he was feeling more or less the same way. 'It couldn't hurt and if it works, our science project is done, already!'
         'Yeah, I get it. Okay, so...' she cleared her throat, 'it says here that we have to boil the whole mixture and then pour it out in a bath tub...Yours?' she looked at him.
         'Okay. And, then we wait for 12 hours. Not to touch it before that...no water...okay. Well, we have all the stuff we need, so let's start.' They went to the kitchen and started adding the ingredients in the largest pot they could find. As the last ingredient went in, Betty, who was consulting the instructions, asked.
         'Oh, hey. Whose hair are we gonna use?'

You have the following choices:

1. Betty's hair

2. Henry's hair

3. Some other person's (like parent or sibling) hair

Members who added to this interactive
story also contributed to these:

<<-- Previous · Outline   · Recent Additions

© Copyright 2024. All rights reserved.
SeaOfGreen has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work within this interactive story. Poster accepts all responsibility, legal and otherwise, for the content uploaded, submitted to and posted on Writing.Com.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/1662525-Skin-Suits/cid/864329-Wait-until-morning