*Magnify*
Path to this Chapter:
  1. The Start of it All
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/1680022-Shrinking-Brothers/cid/895957-The-Start-of-it-All
Rated: 18+ · Interactive · Action/Adventure · #1680022
Two close friends find their lives changed with a little shrinking.
Chapter #1

The Start of it All

    by: Dark_Lord
The story begins in home of Matthew’s family. The twenty-year-old is alone, since his parents had won a trip to another state for a week. Matt was laying on his bed, relaxing in the silence. It wasn’t going to last…Matt knew that.

“Let’s see,” Matt looked at his watch. The second hand slowly ticked by. “Three…two…one…”

*Ding Dong*

“Right on cue.” Matt muttered as he hopped out of bed and scratched his dirty blond hair. He made his way out of his room, down the stairs into the living room, and to the front door. He unlocked the door and opened it…

“BIG BROTHER!!!” Zach shouted as he jumped through the doorway and tackled Matt. If the older boy hadn’t been expecting it, he would have been on the ground right now.

“Hey there, little bro.” Matt said as Zach hugged him. “How was your last day of school?”

“Good. I’m so glad summer vacation’s here!” exclaimed the sixteen-year-old. The teen’s childish tone of voice made Matt chuckle.

“You wanna head up to my room?”

“Sure! I want to tell you about all the things I have planned for the summer! We’re going to have a blast!”

Matt and Zach both made their way away from the door and back up to Matt’s room. The two of them weren’t really brothers, but they were so close that they thought of each other as that. They also had a lot in common, more than even normal brothers. They both liked the same kind of anime and played the same video games. Sometimes, Zack would come over Matt’s house just so they could watch anime to together or play his newest game.

Once they had reached Matt’s bedroom, Zach took his usual spot on the bed while Matt sat down at his computer desk. Zach was about to start explaining his plans when he glanced at the computer remembered something.

“Hey, Matt, have you added to my interactive yet?” Zach asked, speaking of his newest macro story on writing.com. That was another thing about the two; they were both macrophiles who loved adding to each other’s stories.

“The new anime one? No, not yet. I’ll do that right now, okay?” Matt replied, spinning his computer chair so he was facing his laptop. As Matt got to work, Zach started telling his big brother about all the things he had planned for the summer. The teen stood up as he talked and wandered around the room. He liked looking at all the interesting stuff Matt had; a rapier on the wall, a wooden staff from Jamaica, a model battleship the two of them had made years ago, and even his pet lizard named Scorch.

“…and we defiantly have to go to the beach this year! I really want to…” Zach trailed off when he spotted a strange golden box on top of the dresser. “Hey, what’s this?”

Matt looked up from his writing and said, “That box? I bought it at an antique store yesterday.”

Zach took the box off the dresser and slowly opened it. Inside was a small gray shard about he size of his thumb. The teenaged boy took the strange piece of rock out of the box and examined it.

“Did this come with it?”

“Yeah. The owner probably left it in there or something.”

“What does it do?”

“What do you mean ‘what does it do’?” It’s a rock, Zach.”

“Maybe it’s a magic rock that shrinks people!” Zach joked, grinning.

“You’ve been reading too many stories. Speaking of which, I’m finished.” Matt pressed the enter key on the keyboard, successfully posting the new chapter.

“Let me see!” Zach said as he rushed toward the computer. Before he could reach it, he accidentally tripped over Matt’s fan and fell onto the carpet.

“Whoa! Zach, are you alright?!” Matt asked, hoping his brother hadn’t harmed himself in anyway. Before the older boy could get up off the chair, he heard something hit his wall and shatter. The shard had slipped out of Zach’s hand when he fell and hit the back wall.

“Oh no! Sorry, big brother!!” Zach apologized as he started picking himself off the floor. Just as he got onto one knee, a sudden light appeared out of nowhere. The broken rock had been shattered into pieces and was somehow releasing this brilliant light. Both brothers shielded their eyes, unable to look at the light. The whiteness quickly filled the room and consumed the two friends…
*Noteb* indicates the next chapter needs to be written.
Members who added to this interactive
story also contributed to these:

Story Outline   · Recent Additions

© Copyright 2024 Dark_Lord (UN: dark_lord666 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Dark_Lord has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work within this interactive story. Poster accepts all responsibility, legal and otherwise, for the content uploaded, submitted to and posted on Writing.Com.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/1680022-Shrinking-Brothers/cid/895957-The-Start-of-it-All