*Magnify*
Path to this Chapter:
  1. Knock Knock....
  2. Reaping whirlwind
  3. Camping out
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/1683762-A-StarcraftWarcraft-Story/cid/1216618-Knock-Knock
Rated: 18+ · Interactive · Sci-fi · #1683762
Travel to either the Koprulu Sector or to Azeroth in this interactive. 3,160+Views
This choice: The domonion attacks!  •  Go Back...
Chapter #9

Knock Knock....

    by: Rear Admiral Zassiliss
Kyle knew the Dominion wouldn't give him a chance to escape. Priority had been placed on evacuating everyone, SCVs abandoned the mineral veins and pressure mines. They still weren't fast enough.

The first salvo came out of nowhere. The entire northern bunker network was obliterated, Kyle felt rather glad he'd decided to abandon that area. His marines had dug into a rocky mountain ridge that was to the west of the bunkers, they were preparing a pair of concussion mortars. Kyle knew he couldn't defeat the Dominion, but the enemy's destruction was not the objective today. They had to hold out just a few minutes until all of the transports and buildings had escaped.

Kyle surveyed the terrain around him. He had positioned himself on top of the western ridge that protected the basecamp. Across the plain he could see the Dominion forces; Siege tanks, Goliaths, Diamondbacks, and a host of marines. He couldn't call for air support least his fleet's position be revealed to the enemy. Over the intercom he heard one of the marines grumble, "We're screwed!"

Kyle felt rather screwed at that point, once the goliaths got in range they'd tear the escaping transports apart, if they remained grounded the tanks would pound them. Then the second salvo hit.
It was just a mop up shot, the remaining bunker debris disappeared in a fiery explosion. Kyle pondered his situation, the Zerg were on the Eastern side of the plain where a series of sloping hills offered reasonable concealment. He was sure the zerglings he had on hand could take out the Goliaths and the tanks, if only the marines were gone. The Diamondbacks were push overs, the concussion mortars could take them out quickly. But the marines would over run his position.... There were just too many.

Kyle's anger began to build, he hated unwinable scenarios. It wasn't fair! He needed an edge, an advantage! Anything!

You have the following choices:

1. Cue the cavalry!

*Noteb*
2. We're in a heap of trouble!

*Noteb* indicates the next chapter needs to be written.
Members who added to this interactive
story also contributed to these:

<<-- Previous · Outline   · Recent Additions

© Copyright 2024 Rear Admiral Zassiliss (UN: zassiliss at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
BIG BAD WOLF is hopping has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work within this interactive story. Poster accepts all responsibility, legal and otherwise, for the content uploaded, submitted to and posted on Writing.Com.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/1683762-A-StarcraftWarcraft-Story/cid/1216618-Knock-Knock