*Magnify*
Path to this Chapter:
  1. Reaping whirlwind
  2. Camping out
  3. Dire Straits
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/1683762-A-StarcraftWarcraft-Story/cid/1210909-Reaping-whirlwind
Rated: 18+ · Interactive · Sci-fi · #1683762
Travel to either the Koprulu Sector or to Azeroth in this interactive. 3,160+Views
This choice: Dominion  •  Go Back...
Chapter #8

Reaping whirlwind

    by: Rear Admiral Zassiliss
"It was the Dominion." Clair stated gravely. "A reaper squad hit us fast and then took off. Losses were minimal, but they know we're here."
Kyle analyzed the situation, scratching his split chin. "Those battlecruisers are part of a trap, they've known that we're here all along. We have to move, Now!"

Clair's brow furrowed, "The Dominion was in the system and you didn't tell us?"
Kyle paused for a moment, "They didn't detect us and it seemed like..."
"Like Mr. Big Shot could handle himself without telling the civilians about the bad guys!" Clair exclaimed obviously displeased. "This' the third time you've done this and it's gotten us into trouble."
Kyle held up his hands in defeat. "I'm sorry, I thought you were busy down here and I didn't want to bother you."
Clair huffed, "Well I'm bothered now."
Kyle adjusted his helmet, "I'll handle it." He headed for the airlock.
Clair smiled sadly, "Come back in one piece, ok?"
Kyle cycled the airlock with the words, "Trust me."

___________________________________________

Kyle joined up with his marines waiting outside, they were starting to patch up the bunkers. Colonel McDurmit, the Marine 2nd division commander. Held up a shredded piece of armor plating, "D-8 explosives. This bunkers' trashed. They might still be in the area."
Kyle shook his head, "It doesn't matter, we're pulling out." He looked around the base parimiter. "Roll call!" He yelled out, his helmet amplifying his voice.
The ground around the ruined bunker seemed to come alive as two dozen zerg emerged from hidden burrows. One hydralisk slithered forward, a scar marked just above his eye. Kyle smiled as Xyff, the Zerg 2nd division commander, approached and hissed inquiringly.
"We're buggin' out, keep our people safe."
Xiff nodded and slithered away, the assortment of Hydralisks, zerglings and defilers followed him closely.

Kyle called Clair's command center as he watched a pair of Hercules transports take flight, bound for the fleet hidden among the fragments of Redstone. She answered a few seconds after he lost sight of the transports. "The first transports are away, the barracks will be going next followed by the engineering bay."
"Keep it movin' we don't know when our new neighbors will come knockin'." Kyle signaled a pair of the marines present to follow him as he headed around the base perimeter.

You have the following choices:

1. The domonion attacks!

*Noteb*
2. The evacuation goes smothly.

*Noteb* indicates the next chapter needs to be written.
Members who added to this interactive
story also contributed to these:

<<-- Previous · Outline   · Recent Additions

© Copyright 2024 Rear Admiral Zassiliss (UN: zassiliss at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
BIG BAD WOLF is hopping has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work within this interactive story. Poster accepts all responsibility, legal and otherwise, for the content uploaded, submitted to and posted on Writing.Com.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/1683762-A-StarcraftWarcraft-Story/cid/1210909-Reaping-whirlwind