*Magnify*
Path to this Chapter:
  1. Jennifer Bowling 16 year old cheerleader
  2. The ad
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/1698684-The-switching-collar-PLEASE-ADD/cid/2262031-Jennifer-Bowling-16-year-old-cheerleader
Rated: 18+ · Interactive · Adult · #1698684
You take part in an experimental test.
This choice: Jennifer Bowling 16 year old cheerleader  •  Go Back...
Chapter #2

Jennifer Bowling 16 year old cheerleader

    by: Unknown
“I'm not sure about this honey” your mom frets as she drives you home from the Dentex facility. “how do we know this thing is safe? I've heard some worrying things about these Dentex people. My friend Julie says they perform all kinds of weird experiments but the government covers it up.”

You appreciate her giving you a ride but you are beginning to think she only offered so she could try and talk you out participating.

“Aw come on mom” you roll your eyes at her “You can't believe everything you read on Facebook. You'll be telling me they are in league with Bigfoot next. Besides you were the one that insisted i get a job for the summer. Five hundred dollars is way more than I'd earn in a month bussing tables. I'd have thought you'd be pleased.”

“I know Jennifer” Your mom answers obviously not convinced “but still…”

“Uhg, fine I'll be careful I promise” you say hoping to head of another argument “but seriously I'm sure it'll be fine.”

Your mom purses her lips and gives you a sidelong look that suggests she doesn't share your confidence but doesn't press the point any further. Luckily you arrive back home before the two of you can get into it again and you flounce off to your room heartily sick of your mother treating your like a little girl. You are sixteen, plenty old enough to make your own decisions.

You pull the collar from it's box and clip it around your slim neck. checking how it looks in the mirror you frown thinking that the bulky looking collar doesn't really fit with your usual style. You prefer to keep things light and colourful. Your friends jokingly call you the bubblegum princess and you think the nickname fits you pretty well. The collar on the other hand looks more like it should belong to some metal-head. You pull a face and remind yourself that you don't have to wear it all the time.

You figure you should probably test it out and press the green button giving a surprised squeak as a metal arm pops out from the collar and begins rotating around your head. It spins faster and faster until it is projecting an image in front of your face. You blink as a green wire frame map of the world snaps into focus. You can see thousands of green dots scattered across the map each one obviously representing a possible destination. Fast transport they had said although you still aren't clear on what exactly that means, perhaps some kind of tele-presence? Maybe you should have asked more questions? Still the interface seems straightforward enough. You focus in on one particular dot and it expands to fill your vision. The screen glows brightly for a moment dazzling you and when your vision clears you are no longer in your room but standing somewhere else entirely. You look around feeling very odd as you take in your new surroundings.

How far have you travelled?

You have the following choices:

1. A few blocks

2. Across town

3. Across the country

*Noteb*
4. Across the world

*Noteb*
5. You can't tell where you are

*Noteb* indicates the next chapter needs to be written.
Members who added to this interactive
story also contributed to these:

<<-- Previous · Outline   · Recent Additions

© Copyright 2024. All rights reserved.
The Head Swapper has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work within this interactive story. Poster accepts all responsibility, legal and otherwise, for the content uploaded, submitted to and posted on Writing.Com.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/1698684-The-switching-collar-PLEASE-ADD/cid/2262031-Jennifer-Bowling-16-year-old-cheerleader