*Magnify*
Path to this Chapter:
  1. Phillip
  2. More
  3. Who's your Friend
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/1716186-What-are-friends-for/cid/2494700-Phillip
Rated: E · Interactive · Comedy · #1716186
When your best friend has relationship problems you end up as his wife or girlfriend.
This choice: Phillip  •  Go Back...
Chapter #3

Phillip

    by: Unknown
“I can’t believe she would do this to me...” Your friend Phil said as the two of you were shooting a game of pool at the local bar.

You were Tom Wilson, Phil’s best friend since middle school. You two had been through all the ups and down of multiple relationships together. While you were currently single Phil’s girlfriend of almost three years just dumped him on the eve of their anniversary.

“I had this whole dinner planned and everything. Followed by a romantic and boat ride on the lake then....” Phil sighed as he pulled out a small box and showed it to you.

“You were going to propose?” You asked as you took the box. Inside was a beautiful diamond ring, one any girl would be lucky to have.

“Yeah...I really thought she was the one. I guess she felt differently...She told me we had been growing apart recently but I could tell something was off...She was hiding something.” Phil said.

“What do you think she was hiding?” You asked.

“I think it’s somebody else. From her tone I could tell. What’s worse is I think it’s someone I know....” Phil said.

“Who...who do think it is?” You said with a strangely quiet tone.

The reason for your awkward behavior was all to obvious to you. For you knew the real reason Phil’s girlfriend Sarah left him....It was because of you.

You never meant for anything to happen. You came over to Phil’s apartment one morning to help carry out some old furniture. The door was open so you let yourself in. Like you had done plenty of times. Phil wasn’t there when you arrived but someone was there. Sarah was there and had just gotten out of the shower...

You remember that day far too clear. Sarah stepped out of the bathroom wearing nothing but a towel and the two of you saw each other and froze. There was a slight awkwardness and pause before it happened....That damn smile.

Sarah saw you and slowly smiled and bit her lip seductively. She was very sexy. Long blonde hair, big boobs and nice curves. You always had a secret crush on her.

Before you knew it one thing led to another and...Well...The rest is history. It was quick but amazing. Phil actually almost walked in on you two. You had never felt so guilty in all your life.

You swore to yourself it was a mistake. A one time error in judgement and never to do it again....However that was a promise you couldn’t keep.

Sarah kept texting and messaging you on social media. Pretty soon one hook up began to turn into several while Phil was out at work. This went on for about a month before she called things off with Phil last night.

“I’m sorry man it’s a beautiful ring. Are you going to return it?” You asked Phil looking at the Golden band.

“No...that’s a very special ring. It actually expands or shrinks to fit the owner check it out...” Phil said to you.

“What? How is that possible?” You asked taking the ring out of the box. You moved it to your finger and sure enough it expanded just wide enough for you to put it on.

“Wow that is amazing!” You said looking at the ring as you wore it as a joke for your friend.

“Yeah...It is....You what else is amazing....How you betray me like this....” Phil said with a cold tone.

The words hit you like ice cold water....He knew....Sarah must have told him.....

“Listen...Phil...before you....” You began to say.

“Hey....don’t worry about it. I’m about to get a new girlfriend soon anyway.” Phil said with a weird smile and tone.

“Uhh...okay....Umm...how do you take this thing off?” You asked pulling on the ring but it wouldn’t budge.

“Oh there is a special trick to it. I will show you soon, why don’t we meet here again tomorrow. I’m sure we will have much to discuss.” Phil said before he turned and left you alone there at the bar.

You had to admit this was one of the strangest nights ever. You had this dumb ring stuck to you and your best friend didn’t care you just ruined his relationship.

Heading home you got back to your apartment as you climbed in bed not noticing the ring on your bed was beginning to glow.

You have the following choices:

1. You wake up to a transformation

*Noteb*
2. You wake up already transformed

*Noteb*
3. Something else

*Noteb* indicates the next chapter needs to be written.
Members who added to this interactive
story also contributed to these:

<<-- Previous · Outline   · Recent Additions

© Copyright 2024. All rights reserved.
Wanderer0426 has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work within this interactive story. Poster accepts all responsibility, legal and otherwise, for the content uploaded, submitted to and posted on Writing.Com.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/1716186-What-are-friends-for/cid/2494700-Phillip