*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/1766334-Your-Life-Shrunken-in-Pokemon/cid/2066804-Hilbert-stops-by-the-daycare
by Storm
Rated: 18+ · Interactive · Action/Adventure · #1766334
Try not to be eaten or crushed by Pokemon and their trainers... No guarantee of survival!!
This choice: The doorbell jingles. The boy from earlier has come to the daycare.  •  Go Back...
Chapter #5

Hilbert stops by the daycare.

    by: sneakyk
The caretaker smiles and calls the enormous Pichu towards her. He idly bashes his toy against the wall one last time before turning towards the caretaker, letting out a curious squeal, and then thumping over towards you. Your heart skips a beat as the adorable 'little' yellow furred beast makes his way across the floor, his eyes already fixating upon you, his mouth hanging very slightly ajar, for once quiet. Your heartrate speeds up as he draws near, and you begin praying that this is all just a dream, despite the many clear signs that it isn't.

Just as the Pichu draws near, you hear the loud jingling of a bell, coming from another room. The woman hesitates, lifting you up and debating whether to toss you to the Pichu like a hushpuppy to a prized bloodhound, or to wait until after she handles the guest to let Pichu show you what it means to be a toy. .She sighs before shoving you back into her apron pocket, deciding that it would be a bad idea to leave her back turned after introducing Pichu to his new toy. The Pichu pounds his feet into the carpet ,letting out a shrill cry, forcing the caretaker to calm him down as best she can. She leaves the room, heading over to the front desk.

As she nears the desk, you hesitantly poke your head out above the top of her pocket. You see the young boy from before, standing at the doormat, busily wiping his sneakers against it, each stomp causing you to nearly lose your grip on the edge of the apron pocket. His sneakers are enormous, easily big enough to crush you like a roach, and are smirched with grass stains and flakes of dirt. He's wearing a pair of black pants, a blue jacket, and the most confident looking smile you've ever seen. Though he's young, boyishly cute, and kind of scrawny, he exudes an aura of authority that you can feel yourself practically bending to already. You're not sure if you want to get his attention.

"Hilbert, was it?"The caretaker says, your body getting knocked back into the depths of the pocket as she steps forward to greet him. Looks like he's a repeat customer. "Yeah. Nice to meet you again, mam." he replies politely. As he chats with the lady about a Pokemon he wishes to drop off there, you feel the woman's fingers seize around you. Looking to drop off a Pokemon? she asks, starting to play with the tiny toy-boy in her pocket. Her digits grope at your face, press at your arms, even move you about,casually toying with you as she addresses her guest, nearly spraining your right wrist in the process. "Yeah. Here you go. It's a Ponyta. Her name is FlameDash"He says, clearly proud of the arbitrary nickname he gave her. The caretaker suddenly lifts you out of her pocket, casually setting you down by an enormous journal. The boy hands her over a Great Ball, and signs his name on the journal, his enormous hand passing right beside you. He glances over towards you curiously as he finishes with his signature. The caretaker shakes his hand and bids him farewell, then turns to leave the room. The gigantic boy lifts his head upwards and zips his bag up. He will likely be leaving the daycare soon...this might be your only chance to get his attention. Alternatively, you COULD wait for him to leave the room...then you'd be able to attempt an escape all on your own, but you'd have to be quick,as the caretaker would likely return soon thereafter.

You have the following choices:

1. Get Hilbert's attention.

*Noteb*
2. Wait for him to leave

*Noteb* indicates the next chapter needs to be written.
Members who added to this interactive
story also contributed to these:

<<-- Previous · Outline   · Recent Additions

© Copyright 2024 sneakyk (UN: sneakykit at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Storm has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work within this interactive story. Poster accepts all responsibility, legal and otherwise, for the content uploaded, submitted to and posted on Writing.Com.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/1766334-Your-Life-Shrunken-in-Pokemon/cid/2066804-Hilbert-stops-by-the-daycare