*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/1770382-The-Last-Beginning/cid/1094779-You-are-roughly-four-inches-tall
Rated: 18+ · Interactive · Experience · #1770382
Rich and shrunk is never good
This choice: You are roughly four inches tall  •  Go Back...
Chapter #3

You are roughly four inches tall

    by: Sebastian
My eyes opened and I stared at the red-oak floor. Something was different, but I couldn’t place my finger on what it was. I slowly sat up and looked around. My jaw dropped in shock. Everything around me was a hundred times bigger. The hallway was like a football field, stretching for a mile in each direction. The ceiling was high above me, as expansive as the sky. I felt something underneath my hand and I looked to see a hair, probably only six inches long, but to me it looked like a golden rope. What had happened? I couldn’t be more than four inches tall! A loud buzzing filled my head as something large and black fly in front of my vision. A fly landed in front of me, big enough to be a cat. I stared into its horrific multi-paneled eyes and screamed. The fly disappeared and I sat there panting in fear. Suddenly the ground began to shake and I heard a familiar jingling sound. I turned to see what looked like hell bounding towards me. My sister’s black Labrador, Marco, was galloping across the wooden floor, his tongue hanging out and his ears flopping. I yelled in terror, closing my eyes and covering my head with my hands, expecting to feel sharp canines cutting into my skin or claws tearing me to shreds. Instead, the rumbling stopped and I felt hot breath blowing on me. I opened my eyes to see Marco with his paws to the ground, tail wagging, expecting me to play. Stupid dog. I was just about to shoo him off when an idea popped into my head. I needed to get to Melissa and maybe Marco could help me. When my little sister was born, she was blind until the age of five. My parents had gotten her Marco to help her get around and to fetch someone when she needed something. Marco would respond to most commands. If I told him to find Melissa, he would find Melissa.
I looked around and spotted one of Marco’s toys. It was one of those short ropes, the ones that are used for tug-of-war. I ran to the toy and grabbed onto its thick fibers. When I thought I was secure enough I called out to Marco, “Marco! Here boy! Take me to Melissa!” As soon as the words left my mouth I knew that this was a bad idea. Marco grabbed the toy, showering me in slobber, and flew down the hallway. I screamed as I swung back and forth, desperately trying to hang on. Marco trampled down the stairs, my body vibrating violently at the force. At the last few steps, the dog leapt and landed on the Persian carpet roughly. He stumbled a bit and that was enough for me to loose my grip. The fibers of the rope toy slipped through my fingers and I tumbled onto the Persian rug. I groaned and sat up, just to see Marco run into the kitchen without me. Melissa appeared, holding Marco’s toy. The dog jumped up and down in excitement. My girlfriend opened the sliding glass window to the backyard and threw the toy out. Marco leapt after it and Melissa closed the door. Marco came up to the door with his tail wagging, but stopped when he couldn’t get in. He dropped the toy as he barked to be let back in. Man, that dog was stupid.
~Torch~

You have the following choices:

1. Melissa starts to walk towards the rug

*Noteb*
2. Melissa walks back into the kitchen

*Noteb* indicates the next chapter needs to be written.
Members who added to this interactive
story also contributed to these:

<<-- Previous · Outline   · Recent Additions

© Copyright 2024 Sebastian (UN: senital at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Sebastian has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work within this interactive story. Poster accepts all responsibility, legal and otherwise, for the content uploaded, submitted to and posted on Writing.Com.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/1770382-The-Last-Beginning/cid/1094779-You-are-roughly-four-inches-tall