*Magnify*
Path to this Chapter:
  1. A Different Perspective
  2. Phantasms
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/1774600-Becoming-Outgrown/cid/1107010-A-Different-Perspective
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: 18+ · Interactive · Fantasy · #1774600
You're trapped somewhere with a boy (or boys) who is smaller than you... But not for long!
This choice: You're in your home, but things seem a lot bigger  •  Go Back...
Chapter #2

A Different Perspective

    by: Jubal
"What the..." you mumble groggily.

Somehow, you must have sleep-walked downstairs to the kitchen. Blinking, you slowly climb onto your feet. But...something seems off. Squinting the sleep out of your eyes, you make your way over to the fridge.

This can't be your kitchen. You've just realized what was off; the place was huge. The room, the appliances, everything. It looked exactly like your real kitchen, but it was built like it was meant for someone twice your height!

Dream or not, you really didn't want to meet the guy who lived here. Turning away, you bolt for the door. But it's locked! Thinking fast, you try to remember where your mom kept the key for the door. Of course! She'd hang it on a nail over the door frame! You loved teasing your little brother by putting it up there since he still couldn't reach it.

But now it didn't seem so funny; the key was there all right, but now you were far too small to reach it! Desperate for escape, you make a running jump for the key, miss it by a few feet easy...and slam into the wall.

"Huh?" Calls a tired voice behind you. "Whozzat?"

Oh crap! It's the giant! Pulse pounding, you jump back to your feet and turn around to see -

Your little brother, Alex.

"Big bro?" Alex mumbles sleepily. "Where are we? Why is everything so big?"

"Quiet!" You snap, sharply. You wince a bit as Alex looks a little hurt. But hey, it's not your fault! He just scared the crap out of you!

"I think we're in some giant version of our house." You explain, as calmly as you can. "I don't really know, but the key to the back door is up on the nail just like at our house. I'm trying to get to it, but-"

"But you're too short." Alex snickered.

You growled lowly. Sure, you got the irony, but the little shrimp was not about to make fun of you!

"Can it, squirt! Now get over here." You ordered, bracing yourself on the door.

When Alex walked up to you, you quickly crouched down.

"Listen up. We really need that key. So I want you to stand on my shoulders and grab it. Okay?"

Alex hesitantly nodded.

"Good. Hop up."

It took a minute, but after a few bad starts you managed to stand up with your kid brother on your shoulders. You winced as the pressure from his weight moved from your whole shoulder to a tiny point on each side. Great...Alex had to use tippy-toes. Stupid midget.

"Can you get it?" You ask, grimacing in discomfort.

"I...I think s-OW!" Alex suddenly shouted in surprise and pain, falling backward off your shoulders onto the floor.

"What happened?" You demand, rounding on him and picking him up by the arm. "Did you get it?"

"The stupid key shocked me!" Alex exclaimed, rubbing his arm where you grabbed him. "I barely touched it; it's too high up!"

Alex's hair was standing on end. Not hard; he had short spiky hair anyway. But you could actually smell ozone, like lightning had just struck. Wincing, your kid brother rubbed his back where he hit the ground, and wiggled in his clothes, trying to pull them back into place around his body after his fall.

Well, that was his own fault. Everyone knew you only wore baggy clothes to bed, or nothing. Why was Alex wearing such tight clothes for pajamas?

Wait. You blinked, and looked down at your kid brother. Did he look different? You could swear that his head didn't reach your chest before. Nah. It was probably because his hair was sticking straight up or something.

"Well, let's look around." you order. "Maybe we can find some tongs or something, so we don't have to touch the key."

"Do we have to right now?" Alex whined. "I feel weird. All tingly, and sore. Can I rest for a minute?"
Members who added to this interactive
story also contributed to these:

<<-- Previous · Outline   · Recent Additions

© Copyright 2024 Jubal (UN: jubal85 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
citywalker has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work within this interactive story. Poster accepts all responsibility, legal and otherwise, for the content uploaded, submitted to and posted on Writing.Com.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/1774600-Becoming-Outgrown/cid/1107010-A-Different-Perspective