*Magnify*
Path to this Chapter:
  1. Planning For Rain
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/1796367-The-Shrink-Heist/cid/1154759-Planning-For-Rain
by Neon
Rated: 18+ · Interactive · Action/Adventure · #1796367
4 criminals attempt to steal their ultimate prize, a shrinking serum, until it goes awry.
Chapter #1

Planning For Rain

    by: Neon
"Alright, guys," you begin impatiently, "I found the layout of the scientist's house."
You hastily produce a large, rolled up and slightly crumpled sheet of paper from a pocket in your coat. Unrolling it on the table in front of you, you smooth out the edges with your fingers. Your colleagues look at you skeptically as it curls up again, so you grab a nearby phone book and slam it onto the sheet of paper's corner.

"Right then, so this is the living room," you explain, pointing to the largest room on the blueprint. It's quite empty, with only a table, a sofa, and a television as furniture. It was sparse enough that you wouldn't have to worry about bumping into anything and waking anyone.
"We'll be entering into here via the window, because the scientist's bedroom is on the opposite side of the house. Therefore it will be more likely that she won't hear us," you explain, gauging the reactions of the room with a furtive glance at your fellow criminals.

"But Max," someone suddenly cuts in, "wouldn't she have some kind of alarm system?"
You don't like being interrupted, but now is not the time to be stressed, so you brush it off.
"I was getting to that part," you reply in a mildly annoyed tone. "As I was saying, that's where you come in, Luis," you tell the person sitting opposite you. "The house doesn't have a very complex alarm system, so all you'll have to do is open a hatch about 15 meters from the house and cut a few wires. That will prevent the scientist from--"
"Julie," the man cuts in again. "Her name is Julie."

"God-damnit, will you shut up for just one second!?" you yell, slamming your fist down on the desk. The man's coffee mug rattles and he shoots you a look of disdain, which is followed by a brief silence. Paul had never been the most patient of people. In fact, the only reason you kept him on the team was because he was a very proficient in stealth burglary, not having been caught once.
"Jeez, I'm sorry," you apologize after getting unpleasant looks from the other two. "Look, we need to be very careful with this whole operation. I'm not sure what this formula does, but I'v heard it has the ability to shrink people. The discovery of the century, right? So we need to get our hands on it before this woman... I mean, Julie, puts it to use. So I don't mean anything by it if I'm behaving too tensely..." you trailed off.

You're not even too sure of the operation yourself. There are four in your group, including yourself. There's Luis, a relaxed and chilled out guy, who is known for his expertise when it comes to disarming alarm systems. Unfortunately he's deaf out of his left ear, which is why he is rarely involved in directly robbing places. Then there's Paul, the new guy. He's very young and enthusiastic, but doesn't know when to shut his mouth. The next guy is Chris, who is the tactical brains of the group. Nobody dislikes him, although sometimes it's hard to understand his speech through his thick New York accent. It was an eclectic group, to be sure, but that had its pros and cons, too.

And finally, there's you. Max McDaniel, also known as "the tech guy" by the other group members. Your job is usually to get the blueprints for the target building and figure out how the security systems work. Together the four of you make a good team, but this is simply huge. One screw-up could mean lifetime in jail, or possibly even worse. Not much is known about the corporation behind the creation of the mysterious formula, except they seem to have some kind of sinister hold over the government that gives them access to every legal avenue in existence. This made your work hold very high stakes, but this was desperation. Each and every man involved needed this to succeed.

You have the following choices:

1. Arc 1 (Unaware)

2. Arc 2 (Aware)

*Noteb*
3. Arc 3

*Noteb*
4. Arc 4

*Noteb*
5. Arc 5

*Noteb* indicates the next chapter needs to be written.
Members who added to this interactive
story also contributed to these:

Story Outline   · Recent Additions

© Copyright 2024 Neon (UN: etcetera at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Neon has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work within this interactive story. Poster accepts all responsibility, legal and otherwise, for the content uploaded, submitted to and posted on Writing.Com.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/1796367-The-Shrink-Heist/cid/1154759-Planning-For-Rain