*Magnify*
Path to this Chapter:
  1. Rude awakening
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/1797364-Small-Part-Of-The-Whole/cid/1156975-Rude-awakening
Rated: GC · Interactive · Fantasy · #1797364
You're 3 inches tall and cursed to merge with anything you're touching if you lose focus
Chapter #1

Rude awakening

    by: lilipoot
Melissa wakes up in the tiny room that had been made up for her by her parents and realizes she can't move. Figuring it's sleep paralysis she concentrates, and soon enough pops out of bed, landing roughly on the floor. She feels extremely odd as she gets up, her body stiff like she hadn't moved all night, so she helplessly stumbles over against a wall. She looks across at the mirror and close her eyes, trying to clear the sleepiness out of her head.

"It's way too early for this kind of thing" she thinks. After a few moments, she looks again and sees her body half sunk into the wall. It looks like she's melted onto it, and the color and texture had been stretched over her entire body like saran wrap. She screamed, and started struggling mindlessly. She got the crazy idea that she wasn't just stuck to it, she was PART of it. She could feel where her sense of touch dwindled and disappeared where the outline of her body was. Her body twitched slightly, but didn't move at all from the wall "I can't move away from it because I'm part of it!" she thought in a panic. Suddenly her tutors comment flashed through her head. Out of options, she focuses her mind on not being stuck here, and again pop out onto the floor. She catches her breath, and tries to decide what to do...

"I need some kind of help here. I gotta get to Ms. Whitaker. This can't be some kind of cooincidence..." She started thinking of how to get there though. Her parents had gone on vacation this morning, so her sister Amber was home watching the place. That was one possibility, though she hoped she wouldn't have to tell her why she suddenly needed help. She could also try calling her friend Rebecca. She didn't have a car, but could probably get to take her to the office. She always got distracted around her though. She always just passed it off as being her usual flighty self, but damn did she have nice hips. You could never admit that to her though, since she didn't swing that way. Of course there was always Theresa, the snobby miss perfect that had "kindly" helped get her to school when she missed the bus. Of course, she usually wound up flattened on something before arriving, but it might be the fastest solution...
*Noteb* indicates the next chapter needs to be written.
Members who added to this interactive
story also contributed to these:

Story Outline   · Recent Additions

© Copyright 2024 lilipoot (UN: lilipoot at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
lilipoot has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work within this interactive story. Poster accepts all responsibility, legal and otherwise, for the content uploaded, submitted to and posted on Writing.Com.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/1797364-Small-Part-Of-The-Whole/cid/1156975-Rude-awakening