*Magnify*
Path to this Chapter:
  1. Summer Starts
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/1851752-A-Summer-of-Laughter/cid/1286715-Summer-Starts
by The X
Rated: GC · Interactive · Entertainment · #1851752
Read the story of a tickling-obsessed young man during his summer break.
Chapter #1

Summer Starts

    by: The X
Somewhere in the States sat a small town, with all the important services but far from any other developed area. It seemed to be an island of civilization amidst untamed land, which isolated it from outside contact but also made it a beautiful contrast with the still natural surroundings. On the west side of town was the magnificently blue ocean, a field of dunes between the shore and the cliff upon which several houses were built, usually the bigger and more manor-like houses that belonged to the wealthier of the town. Everywhere else the town was fenced in by thick woodland, broken only by the many various trails and clearings that people liked to visit and travel through. A bit to the north, a small mountain rose up above the canopy of the forest, the peak breaking the top by just a bit. This was a good town, and this was where I lived.

Sunlight shone brightly through my bedroom window before landing on my face, rousing me from a sleep-in. Yawning, I took a look around my room.

The window to the right of my bed faced east, hence the rising sun waking me up each morning - far better than an alarm clock during the school year. Beneath the windowsill was a wooden desk, a place for both homework and leisure. Strewn across it was a mess of papers and books, though because it was summer break the space would soon be repurposed. But, being the prince of procrastination that I am, I decided to do that later.

In the wall to the left of the bed was my closet where I dump my clothes, as well as some tools that satisfy my tickling fascination. All my interests have made a home in there, and there is probably still some candy among the clutter too buried to be found again. Yet apart from my closet the rest of my room was pretty neat: between the foot of the bed and the door was a worktable where most of my non-paper related stuff happens, like inventive modifications to common house items and the occasional science project.

Familiar smells filled my nostrils, and beyond the window a bird chirped happily. All seemed at peace, a perfect summer morning. I was ready to sit up when I realized...
Members who added to this interactive
story also contributed to these:

Story Outline   · Recent Additions

© Copyright 2024 The X (UN: armaggedon185 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
The X has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work within this interactive story. Poster accepts all responsibility, legal and otherwise, for the content uploaded, submitted to and posted on Writing.Com.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/1851752-A-Summer-of-Laughter/cid/1286715-Summer-Starts