*Magnify*
Path to this Chapter:
  1. Gear Up
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/1852510-Mercenary-Guns-and-Gold/cid/2242614-Gear-Up
Rated: 18+ · Interactive · Action/Adventure · #1852510
Become a soldier of fortune seeking to repay a debt and earn some blood money on the side.
Chapter #1

Gear Up

    by: evil dude
Before you begin you must choose a character to follow who will have unique abilities and resources to help them earn the money needed to pay their debt. After each successful contract they will return to their home base and prepare for their next mission. Most of the money they earn goes straight into the vault but some can be used for recreational purposes. How much is saved and how much is spent is entirely up to the reader.

When a character has saved up enough money by doing missions the reader can then initiate the final phase of the story where they settle things with the people they owe money to. They can pay back the money and be on their way, double cross their boss and try run with the money or something else entirely. This is your story, only you can choose how it ends.

To select a character merely click on their name at the bottom of the page to read their profile. If you find someone you like you may then select a contract for them to begin. After that everything is entirely up to you. Listed below are some of the universal contacts all the mercenaries have access to as well as additional allies, enemies and other characters. Good luck!


Important Characters

The Patriot: A mysterious figure who can be contacted through a special website on the deep web. They represent the government you owe money to and are very eager to collect. If not kept in the loop on your progress and status they may send trouble your way but can also be a valuable ally if you need special government assistance on something. Of course, asking them for help will just add more to your debt...

Mr. Black: A world renowned arms dealer who has several dictators and politicians on his payroll. He is a friendly and jolly guy normally, but can be dangerous when angered. He can deliver and ship guns, ammo and other equipment all over the world quick and efficiently... for a price.

Daisy: A playful FBI agent and hacker who spends most of her free time playing MMOs and reading graphic novels. She helps keep your mercenary network safe and secure and protects it from going offline. She also helps set you up with contracts from members of the US government.

Ms. Ling: A wealthy woman who controls a large part of the criminal underground in China. She will buy and sell stolen and illegal items from anywhere at anytime no questions asked. She also offers plenty of black market goods that can't be bought anywhere else and even provides contracts from time to time.

Mr. Barlov: A mysterious Russian man with criminal connections all over the world. From the yakuza to the mafia he provides contracts to mercenaries all over the world and sets up meetings with all the right people to know in this line of work. He also has a side business of providing secretive transport and forged documents to help his contacts travel anywhere they need to be without worrying about border patrols or homeland security.

Sue: A young woman from Australia who is currently living somewhere in South America. She provides reliable vehicle shipment and repair work at cheap prices along with an assortment of mods both legal and illegal. She also sells weapon mods and can install guns, traps or other useful gadgets on whatever type of vehicle you might need.

Smith: A man who worked for years in criminal science and police work. He can remove evidence, provide cleaners to dispose of bodies, mislead the police... whatever you might need to get away with your illegal activities. He can even provide getaway drivers and distractions to help keep law enforcement off your back. He isn't a miracle worker though, and can't do much to protect you from serious crimes like political assassination or terrorism.

Mr. Weston: Lucy's loyal butler who is in charge of maintaining her base of operations while she is away. In addition to being skilled in various domestic areas such as cleaning, sewing, cooking and even gardening he is also highly trained in hand to hand combat and long distance marksmanship. He rarely gets his hands dirty, but many have made the fatal mistake of underestimating him as a harmless old man. He's rarely off the clock, but his two favorite hobbies are knitting and listening to classical music.

Ryu: Micheal's boss and the leader of the SGY. Not much is known about him other than the fact that he has a reputation as a fair and honorable man.

Daisuke: Micheal's main rival. Dai has been with the SGY for years before Micheal had even showed up and treats him with little respect despite the fact that they both share the same rank. Rude and arrogant he is fairly unpopular even among his henchmen and has few friends, preferring to use scare tactics and intimidation to get what he wants.

Sai: One of Micheal's yakuza buddies who often accompanies him when he hits the town. Sai is a bit mischievous and sneaky, but has proven his loyalty multiple times while working with Micheal.

Akira: A tall fat yakuza man with a stern and focused disposition. He is good friends with Micheal and Sai, but prefers to avoid partying and drinking as he see those activities as frivolous vices. Instead he focuses his time into helping his boss and making sure the SGY are staying productive and expanding their reach.

Mari: A young woman who Desmond developed a bit of a crush on when he met her in an online game a few years back. She provides him intel and occasionally sends him tech that she thinks he might have an interest in. Despite being pretty good friends neither she or Desmond have actually meet the other in real life.


Factions

Red Torch Mercenaries: The mercenary company you used to belong to before taking a government loan and setting out on your own. They have a high standard of morals as well as a strong reputation for getting the job done. If you have some spare cash they can be called in to help you on missions. They can also provide intel and a safe place to rest if you need it. Their bases can be found in nearly every major country. They have no official dress code but most of their members dress in red uniforms.

Green Leaf Mercenaries: A splinter faction that broke off from the Red Torch Mercenaries. They care less about collateral damage and discipline and only seem to be concerned about getting paid. They still have standards and will avoid taking unnecessary risks or causing avoidable damage, though they don't mind if things get messy. Many of them have a strong rivalry with Red Torch but will still work with them if they need to as long as they get compensated for their time. They have a strong army motif and many of their members dress like traditional soldiers.

Greed Demon Mercenaries: A small but very well equipped mercenary company that works with several world governments off the books. They have no morals and will do anything they are asked to as long as the cash is good. They have strong levels of discipline and punish failure harshly. They tend to have the most cutting edge gear and are infamous for committing atrocities and war crimes. While they mostly work with powerful countries during wars and rebellions they have no loyalty to any particular group and will gladly betray even their own employers for the right price. They are easily identified by their black and silver body armor and typically appear in three or six man groups on smaller jobs.

Global Police: The global police are a group of highly skilled soldiers and law enforcers from around the world. The group was created by the G.P.I. (Global Peace Initiative) to combat terrorism, corrupt dictators and all forms of international crime. They are extremely elite and the best at what they do. Their members are mostly comprised of former Army Rangers, FBI/CIA/KGB agents, Marines, SWAT commanders, reformed hackers and just about any and every other kind of badass you can think of. They tend to carry heavy weapons and armor and dress primarily in blue and gold uniforms. Specialist agents, such as combat engineers and explosives experts tend to wear white and gold instead.

Sakura Garden Yakuza: The yakuza group Micheal is currently working for. They own much of the criminal empire in and around Tokyo but still have a ways to go before they can compete with the bigger groups.

The Gun Club: A large network of elite soldiers who have retired from the army but not their work. The Gun Club is a freelance group of weapon enthusiasts who specialize in dealing with official army weapons, vehicles and gadgets. Due to the nature of their organization they often work outside the law, but try to avoid committing crimes whenever possible. Their main goal is to uphold the peace, keep america safe and provide support to veterans and wounded soldiers who desperately need it. Jeff Boone is a close associate of theirs and is on a first name basis with about half of their members.


Additional Resources

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_fi...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_ve...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lists_of_a...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_cr...

http://www.imfdb.org/wiki/Main_Page
Members who added to this interactive
story also contributed to these:

Story Outline   · Recent Additions

© Copyright 2024 evil dude (UN: evilguy at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
evil dude has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work within this interactive story. Poster accepts all responsibility, legal and otherwise, for the content uploaded, submitted to and posted on Writing.Com.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/1852510-Mercenary-Guns-and-Gold/cid/2242614-Gear-Up