*Magnify*
Path to this Chapter:
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/1856712-Testing-the-Formula/cid/3349767-A-regular-non-descript-office-building
Rated: 18+ · Interactive · Fantasy · #1856712
Mad Scientist? A formula? Growth? Gee, how cliche can I get? Oh well, come in if ya wanna.
This choice: A regular, non-descript office building  •  Go Back...
Chapter #2

A regular, non-descript office building

    by: john doez
The doctor walks in, Suit and tie with a nicely kept bowler hat at the top. Smile gleefully apparent as he walks into the building, the receptionist looks up from her cellphone with disinterest before turning into surprise and panic as she hid her phone under her desk.

"M-Mr.Q... I-I didn't know you were visiting.." she says with stuttering fear in her voice ever apparent, The doctor raises an eyebrow, "Well i am the leader of this company...arent I allowed in at any time Samantha" The doctor purses his lips into a crude frown, disappointment apparent in his face before he busts out laughing. Hands slapping the front desk as more people from the side offices lean out to check only to realize who is talking and slink away in fear. "Ahh don't worry...I'm here on important business...tell Steven I'm heading up oh and isn't it bring your kid to work day today?" He says sliding her a bit of extra money and a wink. Samantha looks at the money with surprise, a fat thousand dollar in front of her as she takes it and slides it back into her purse. "W-why yes!! it is..." she says as she sends out a pda announcement to everyone giving them a heads up for who is here.

Steven heads up in the elevator to the top floor, a man looking fairly young mid twenties in the midst of a meeting with a few other crotchety old men staring at him. He seemed to have a smile on his face grinning from ear to ear before his eye caught movement and he turned to see the doctor. His first expression seeped in some horror before surprise and checking his pda letting his surprise truly sink in. Dr.Q walks into the room completely ignoring the old men to get closer to Steven, "Steveeen, hows it going..your looking quite handsome today. So hows the company running?" the doctor asks as the old men look at him in bewilderment on who's interrupting the meeting. One of them begins to speak up, "EXCUSE ME!! we were in the midst of something important.!!" This balding old man spoke, "Oh im sure Mr. Jameson that you are doing something....'very....important'...but as you can see im talking to my subordinate here. " the doctor spoke. Stunning the old man to complete silence, he was called out by name by a guy who didn't know who he was. "If you want to keep your chair back at your desk ...escuse me...my desk back at your company... you'd be due well to just sit and stay silent." the doctor said smiling but really it was almost as if 2 tons of pressure were put on the old man. The others taking notice went quiet as well before the doctor turned to Steven who was sweating profusely. "Heeey..hey" the doctor pats Steven on the back causing the gentleman to jump. "Steven im not here to hurt you, when have I ever done that.", Steven rose up a finger but really he didn't have any examples , he's completely indebted to the doctor for starting up his office company for Pharmaceuticals. "See...now...show me the graphs.." the doctor asks and as he saw the graphs he went into deep thought. Then pulled up his wristwatch that became a holographic making Stevens eye's go wide. Another hmm from the doctor and he pressed a button on it to show the scale of the full graphic. While it look positive for now they were due for a crash so the doctor advised all of them how to avoid the economic decline and keep their companies balanced and keep their workers happy. It wasn't till halfway through the discussion that all the old men realized the doctor had been the sole founder for all their companies and what he said was the truth. The meeting ended with many of the men having to make phone calls and make adjustments for the new policies put in place by the doctor.

As the meeting ends Steven and Dr.Q walking into his office , having a nice view of the city he lived it with all his test subjects down below the doctor smiles. Soon there was a knock on the door and a little boy walked in, A lemonade in his hand as he stared at the doctor and Steven his father as he walked up to him shouting out "Daddy." the boy couldn't have been older than maybe 10 as he walked up next to the man. Dr.Q had a comforting smile on his face but really he was just pleased to see he made the right call coming here. "I guessed right from Samantha at the front desk, take your kid to work day today isn't it." the doctor said with a smile. "Im curious where is everyone else...?" The doctor spoke positively curious where everyone else was, hoping no one was avoiding him. Steven shook his head vigorously and Stevens son never seen his dad so scared, making him hide out of view of the doctor. The doctor simply laughed, "Ahh maybe we should have a little walk around and explore myself..." the doctor ponders. "Or maybe an orientation party to get to know me better as a company" the doctor continues to ponder over both ideas.

which idea does he go for?

You have the following choices:

*Noteb*
1. stay with steven and his son

2. explore the offices

*Noteb*
3. explore the cafeteria

*Noteb*
4. the orientation party

*Noteb*
5. other

*Noteb* indicates the next chapter needs to be written.
Members who added to this interactive
story also contributed to these:

<<-- Previous · Outline   · Recent Additions

© Copyright 2024 john doez (UN: igorz at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
citywalker has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work within this interactive story. Poster accepts all responsibility, legal and otherwise, for the content uploaded, submitted to and posted on Writing.Com.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/1856712-Testing-the-Formula/cid/3349767-A-regular-non-descript-office-building