*Magnify*
Path to this Chapter:
  1. A wake up full of dread.
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/1858335-April-Fools-Day/cid/1306451-A-wake-up-full-of-dread
by Apollo
Rated: 18+ · Interactive · Adult · #1858335
Guide a woman through the day she dreads most.
Chapter #1

A wake up full of dread.

    by: Apollo
On this day of the year, she always hates getting out of bed. Every year, she has horrible bouts of bad luck the week before her birthday and the week before Christmas, Valentine's Day hasn't be anything to remember, and the rest of the holidays aren't enjoyable in the slightest for her anymore, assuming they ever were. However, this one day of the year is the only day she absolutely hates.

April Fools' Day.

She always hopes for something nice to happen, anything to take her out of the mundane and ordinary and maybe take this stupid curse of "nothing special" off of her. Today, however, is the day this optimism bites her in the ass. Today is the day where her constant desire for something nice to happen is taken advantage of by everyone. Over the course of her life, this day has never ended well for her. Sometimes the pranks aren't even pranks, some people just use this day to justify mean spirited actions. And worst of all, none of the pranks she's planned over the years have worked out. No, that's not entirely true, sometimes they do work, when people turn them around on her.

This is a day she has always wanted to sleep away and miss, a day she prays will replace February 29 as the day that only occurs once every four years. However, she can't spend today in bed. Important events she absolutely has to make are going on today, and she couldn't push them back or bump them up.

Before we start this day, let's establish something: Who is "she"?
*Noteb* indicates the next chapter needs to be written.
Members who added to this interactive
story also contributed to these:

Story Outline   · Recent Additions

© Copyright 2024 Apollo (UN: fanged_loathe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Apollo has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work within this interactive story. Poster accepts all responsibility, legal and otherwise, for the content uploaded, submitted to and posted on Writing.Com.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/1858335-April-Fools-Day/cid/1306451-A-wake-up-full-of-dread