*Magnify*
Path to this Chapter:
  1. Berold
  2. Mithra
  3. Tieflings
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/1860225-Morphing-and-Magic/cid/2377598-Berold
by Yote
Rated: 18+ · Interactive · Erotica · #1860225
Transformation in a world of wizardcraft and witchery
This choice: Mithra characters  •  Go Back...
Chapter #19

Berold

    by: Unknown
Born in 16 BCE, Berold was the ambitious son of the Knight Herold and Lady Farnese. As the only child of a long noble line of -erolds, protectors of the king, he was exposed to vigorous training since childhood, sweat pouring off his body after a day's worth of training. By the age of 14, Berold was already a stout young lad, his body overflowing with chiseled muscle as his sword strikes and spear thrusts cleaved the wind apart. His marriage to young Lady Miranda had already been determined, and his amicable relationship with the king's young son Ivar.

Yet one day, tragedy struck as Harald's rambunctious bouts of madness led to the execution of Berold's father and mother at his hands. As pangs of jealousy seeped through, King Harald quickly shot up into the air, pointing at the armored figure of his trusted protector and yelled, "A mere knight cannot have a name similar to my royal one! Erase him immediately!"

Before Herold could even utter a single word, he was instantly incinerated on the spot by the dozens - hundreds - of lightning bolts and fireballs launched at him by the summoned wizards, magicians, and sorcerers. Not even ash was left. His mother met a similar fate: decapitated by a group of knights after they had spent the previous hours brutally raping her. Berold was only able to escape thanks to the conniving deviousness of his friend, Prince Ivar.

After escape, his journey led him directly into the hands of fate as he met a mysterious woman bravely sleeping on the cold, hard grounds of the Kiccigiorgi Forest. Nowadays a peaceful place filled with wayward faeries and satyrs, back then it was a malicious place filled with hordes of beasts resembling daemons.

Yet the barrier created by her aura did not allow even the strongest of beasts to go through as she peacefully dreamed dreams that no one knows. Encountered with the wall, a quick thrust of his bare arm split the barrier in half, allowing just enough time for him to enter before it closed back up again. Afterwards, he sat near her all night, tending to the campfire, before the surprised woman woke up and immediately named him her apprentice. That was how he met Saint Circe and discovered the Holy Sword Excalibur inside his body.

The two years he traveled with her were perhaps the two fondest years of his life. Despite having no kinship, she treated as she would her own child, nurturing him in the use of magicks and his Holy Sword Excalibur. By the age of 16, he had become a menacing force, one unstoppable even by the most powerful of sorcerers. Only those blessed by the gods could stand against him. Even Circe had to admit that this young prodigy would quickly surpass her in the future.

But then, the War of the Grey Gate began. Both Circe and Berold rushed to the site where the Grey Gate appeared, only to be accosted by foul creatures of Elemental Chaos. They were monstrous - pitch black, tentacles and eyes strewn all over, disintegrating mist spat from their mouths, and petrifying gazes. Berold quickly burned through his vast reserves of mana as he unleashed the most dazzling slash, over a kilometer in length, injuring the foul monstrosity lying beyond the Gate and dealing severe damage to the Gate itself. Knowing that the regenerative properties of the Chaos and the Gate would not allow him to rest, he quickly fled the scene to find reinforcements, leaving Circe to deal with the foul creature spilling over the Edge.

For three days and three nights he had traveled, and for three days and three nights Circe held the forces at the gate. By the time he had gotten back, army in tow, Circe was exhausted, strained, and injured from the brutal battle she waged against the weakened Chaos. But reinforced by the large armies at her back, she demonstrated the last sacrifice as she gave all her life force to give power to the army.

The flesh of many experienced, grizzled soldiers warped, turning rough as the men were transformed into beasts. The young, "no hair on their chest", inexperienced wizards and fighters remained untouched, the mana injection too subtle to have an effect. Yet the magic reached Berold.

At that time, he saw a goddess descend from the heavens, him and him alone. Time had slowed to a creeping call as the power of the gods dilated it, to the point where it came to a near complete stop. She had spoken to him tales of the Mithra, her children and the children of other gods, who were placed on Earth many milennia ago in order to maintain its balance. She had revealed all the truths, that Mithra were powerful beings hiding under an illusory veil in this land. He was told that he would be the one to lead them.

It was then that his flesh had also begun to warp, cat ears and tail springing from his body. Thousands of powerful soldiers, such as champions and sorcerers had too begun to warp into these benevolent beings. Thousands of them seemed to appear as if though out of thin air. And that was the case, as mana surges from massive scale teleportation techniques obliterated the battlefield. Everyone watched in amazement at them.

Berold was also amazed as he felt copious amounts of mana surge from his new form. He felt his sword Excalibur transform, turning into something even more unimaginable than before. That was the day that the eternal Holy Sword died, and the day that the new Divine Sword was born.

The army, invigorated by the arrival of reinforcements, launched an assault on the foul creature. Several dices of Excalibur and Chaos' main body was shredded into bits, left to regenerate by its lonesome self. Yet he knew that this would not last long, the infinite rebirth would create an eternal battle. While the army was left to deal with the misty dark creatures spawned from the main body, Berold rounded the Mithra - both the youthful original and the newly founded - and began to cast a spell that would seal the Grey Gate for all eternity, to remain unyielding for all of time.

It succeeded, and the Grey Gate was now closed. But, unknown to him, he faced yet another trial. The gods, having seen and felt his power, became afraid of him, fearing that he would depose them had he been allowed to continue accumulating more power. This was the only time that the dozens of them united to cast a curse.

Berold felt his power quickly dissipate, leaving him along with the rest of the human-turned-Mithra, as it was transferred to the original Mithra, who had vanished just as rapidly as they had appeared. They were now as helpless as kitten, magic completely sealed from their spirits, strength sapped from their bodies. It would come back gradually if they would just wait - they were now eternally youthful - but unfortunately, the curse had another part to it: their bodies were now essentially discharge capacitors. Any foreign object inserted into their vaginas would cause any built-up mana to dissipate within seconds, forcing them to start anew in this vicious, never-ending cycle.

But, unbeknownst to all, Berold's Divine Sword had saved its own reserve of mana that he could tap into to rival any powerful sorcerer or champion - only for just a few minutes. While the weakened Mithra had begun to be picked apart to be used as sex toys for the next few years, he discretely traveled to his old friend Ivar, newly crowned, whom he pleaded to give the new Mithra a "human-like status". Pitying his friend and acknowledging his efforts, he accepted his request, and did just that. The two remained side by side for many years, but their close friendship unfortunately had to come to an end after Queen Cliona's death.

Nowadays, as the only Mithra to have remained a virgin, had begun to champion the rights of Mithra, pleading an equal status of them with humans. But his power, now restored to that of an experienced wizard, had begun to meet push-back from Church factions, the Adventurer's Guild, and the Merchant's Association, who had begun to believe the stories of the Mithra's efforts in the war to be bogus, and that these creatures must be treated the same as demonic kin. While King Ivar has ignored those pleas for some time, his all of his heir-apparent have all been of the same opinion.

And thus, Berold only has a brief period of time. Will he be successful in unsealing his curse and taking vengeance upon those who wronged him?

You have the following choices:

*Noteb*
1. More Mithra characters

*Noteb*
2. Mithra true powers

*Noteb* indicates the next chapter needs to be written.
Members who added to this interactive
story also contributed to these:

<<-- Previous · Outline   · Recent Additions

© Copyright 2024. All rights reserved.
Yote has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work within this interactive story. Poster accepts all responsibility, legal and otherwise, for the content uploaded, submitted to and posted on Writing.Com.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/1860225-Morphing-and-Magic/cid/2377598-Berold