*Magnify*
Path to this Chapter:
  1. The Strato-Yeast
  2. Shigeru Kanmuri
  3. Who will Grow?
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/1901809-Freshly-Expanded-Ja-Pan/cid/1460148-The-Strato-Yeast
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: 18+ · Interactive · Comedy · #1901809
An expansion interactive on the famous gag manga about baking
This choice: Tries a new yeast that releases a lot of air (air inflation)  •  Go Back...
Chapter #3

The Strato-Yeast

    by: Silverfighter
"Ah-ha! This may just work," smiled Shigeru Kanmuri as the pink-haired genius baker looked at the vial of his latest work.

"What might work?"

Kanmuri looked up to see a large bee with a human face flying around. He had an earring on his left ear and a shaved head except for a point at the front, making him look like a kappa.

"Let me guess...Azuma made a bread with honey and you ate it?" asked Kanmuri to the bee, "I'm right, aren't I, Kawachi?"

"Yeah..." sighed the bee man, "Now I get excited when I see bright colors,"

"That's normal. Bees are attracted to bright colors because of flowers," said Kanmuri, turning away. "Anyway, don't touch anything. I think I may have a special super yeast ready,"

"A super yeast?" asked Kawachi, crossing his two front legs in front of his chest.

"Yeah. I call the Strato-Yeast," said Kanmuri, holding up the vial of the bright red powder he was holding. "Even you know that yeast is required to make dough rise...without boring you with the details, this yeast has this action super-activated to do it at 50x the rate!"

"WHAT DO YOU MEAN?!!!" screamed Kawachi.

"I'm sure that's surprising...you see..." began Kanmuri, before he felt a tugging.

"Give it to me! It's so bright..." drooled Kawachi, grabbing onto the vial.

"Uh-oh...your bee instincts are kicking in! Let go. This is valuble work!"

"No! You let go! I need bright things!"

The two struggled back and forth until Kanmuri finally grabbed a nearby newspaper with a free hand and swatted Kawachi away. However, Kawachi letting go caused Kanmuri to go tumbling back and the vial to go flying. Incidentally, Kanmuri landed on his back with his mouth open and the vial just happened to be uncorked accidentally by Kawachi...

GULP!!!

"Ugh...Kawachi!!!" growled Kanmuri, feeling the dry powder slide down his throat. "Do you know how much work went into that?!!! You're no longer allowed in my lab!" he shouted, pointing at Kawachi.

"Uh...Kanmuri...are you getting...bigger?"
Members who added to this interactive
story also contributed to these:

<<-- Previous · Outline   · Recent Additions

© Copyright 2024 Silverfighter (UN: silverjinzo at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Silverfighter has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work within this interactive story. Poster accepts all responsibility, legal and otherwise, for the content uploaded, submitted to and posted on Writing.Com.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/1901809-Freshly-Expanded-Ja-Pan/cid/1460148-The-Strato-Yeast