*Magnify*
Path to this Chapter:
  1. Narcotics
  2. Introduction
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/1902911-White-Sheep-of-the-Family/cid/1534305-Narcotics
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: 13+ · Interactive · Crime/Gangster · #1902911
Raised by a family of thieves, a man tries to be an honest cop. 1,970+ Views
This choice: Narcotics  •  Go Back...
Chapter #2

Narcotics

    by: Preet Malcolm
When George got the news that he was promoted to the elite Narcotics Squad, he was happy that the Captain did not assign him to deal with theft. For the time being, anyway, being a part of any other unit in the Police Department would not put him directly in conflict with his family. The patrol team he was leaving did not hold back in their congratulations and good wishes.

"Just watch your back, Georg'e" was the ominous warning from more than one of his colleagues.

"I'll be just fine, I can take care of myself".

At the Hoods, the atmosphere was more somber.

"Alright, so George has done well enough to be promoted to Narcotics."

"Just remember your promises to the family. Do not betray us.".

George laughed, "You really don't need to worry about any betrayal from me. I know only too well how that will hurt your reputations, not to mention mine." George however could not help feeling a sense of foreboding, as though sooner rather than later, both his worlds will collide.

George's first day as part of the Narcotics Squad did not go without incident. The raid of the meat packing warehouse in the industrial district twenty blocks from the Precinct was George's first taste of what it meant to be in the Narcotics Squad. The heavily armed thugs did not hesitate to greet the oncoming police unit with a barrage of gunfire. That no officer was injured during the exchange was no small miracle. Ten arrests, fifty kilos of pure cocaine seized.

"All in a day's work", Hank Brodin, the Captain of the Narcotics Team, a twenty-five year veteran, commented. "George, I see you have the knack for this. Keep it up." George smiled.

The following days were all activity for George and his Narcotics Teammates. Raids, Stakeouts, Covert Surveillance, Arrests, Seizures, Marijuana, Cocaine, Hashish, Heroin. George soon became the rising star of the Narcotics team, much to the admiration of his superiors and envy of his peers. "How do you do it?", " How did you know what to do?" "It's as if you have a criminal mind yourself, George." With each success came new and more dangerous assignments. It is as though George was being put through one test after another to prove his mettle.

"OK George", Hank growled, "take a look at this case we are trying to crack for the longest while. For all our surveillance, we just cannot catch the bastards. The DA is going ballistic and we are at our wits end." George took the files and began to read. He was however not prepared for what he saw next...
Members who added to this interactive
story also contributed to these:

<<-- Previous · Outline   · Recent Additions

© Copyright 2024 Preet Malcolm (UN: petparch at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
BIG BAD WOLF is hopping has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work within this interactive story. Poster accepts all responsibility, legal and otherwise, for the content uploaded, submitted to and posted on Writing.Com.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/1902911-White-Sheep-of-the-Family/cid/1534305-Narcotics