*Magnify*
Path to this Chapter:
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/1902911-White-Sheep-of-the-Family/cid/1537975-The-cold-hard-eyes-of-his-uncle-Frank-Hood
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: 13+ · Interactive · Crime/Gangster · #1902911
Raised by a family of thieves, a man tries to be an honest cop. 1,970+ Views
This choice: The cold hard eyes of his uncle, Frank Hood  •  Go Back...
Chapter #3

The cold hard eyes of his uncle, Frank Hood

    by: Preet Malcolm
The cold hard eyes of Uncle Frank stared at George from the photo on the file. George's hands shook as he held the picture and read the information on file. He was tempted to slip the fuzzy photo into his pocket and return the file with an excuse, but George continued reading. Frank was a prime suspect in this unsolved case but as far as the police knew, everything about him was a mystery. First off, the name ascribed to the photo was not "Frank Hood", but one of the many aliases that Frank uses when he engages in criminal activities. Little else was written on file about him and George was relieved that the file offered nothing to link this case to the Hood family.

The file refers to one of the biggest narcotics heist in the history of the Precinct. The problem was that the case had gone cold as many of the principal players in this heist were either dead, or have gone deep underground. George himself had not seen nor heard from his uncle in over three years and whenever the subject came up in family conversation, it was quickly dropped and the subject changed to other matters. No one talked about Frank, although family legend had it that he was the most skillful and daring thief in the family. Uncle Frank was also ruthless. Frank Hood was credited for some of the most daring yet mystifying robberies, many of which remained unsolved by the police.

What makes this case more baffling was that the heist involved the removal of two shipping containers of high grade Colombian cocaine from under the very noses of police surveillance. The shipment was destined for the distribution network of the notorious Throat Cutters Cartel and since the heist, bodies with their throats cut had surfaced. The police believe that these killings may have been in retaliation for the brazen robbery from this criminal underworld.

George looked around to see if anyone was watching him before slipping the photo of his uncle in his pocket.
*Noteb* indicates the next chapter needs to be written.
Members who added to this interactive
story also contributed to these:

<<-- Previous · Outline   · Recent Additions

© Copyright 2024 Preet Malcolm (UN: petparch at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
BIG BAD WOLF is hopping has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work within this interactive story. Poster accepts all responsibility, legal and otherwise, for the content uploaded, submitted to and posted on Writing.Com.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/1902911-White-Sheep-of-the-Family/cid/1537975-The-cold-hard-eyes-of-his-uncle-Frank-Hood