*Magnify*
Path to this Chapter:
  1. Backbreakers.
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/1916392-The-Backbreakers/cid/1520616-Backbreakers
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
by kamper
Rated: 18+ · Interactive · Fantasy · #1916392
A shrunken sect of humans make a living by searving those that are... bigger.
Chapter #1

Backbreakers.

    by: kamper
In the an the not so distant future, there was a terrible accident. This accident caused a new race of people on the planet earth. However, this new race wasn't exactly new. A virus went out and shrank over 50% of the worlds population to about 3 inches. Men, Women, Children, and even some animal groups were affected. In the aftermath of this, there came the period of time that the governments tried to fix this, trying to return the people to normal. After that failed they looked into making the shrunked people more comfortable. This was impossible, as there were millions of little people around and not enough careful people to not harm this new race, accidentally or otherwise.

So, instead of making them comfortable, they decided to try and make them more resistant. Thankfully, the shrinking had made changes to make this simple. Their genetic code was easy to minipulate. All they had to do was insert the desired trait into a future Mother, and the baby, and all after them, would have the traits. They could be given extra strength, or a resitance to acid and severe temperatures. This was a good day for the 'Tinies' as they were called. But, like most good things, it came to an end. As soon as it was determined that the Tinies could be of use by themselves, they were put to use. At first, it was just small things, like deep cleaning or things that humans couldn't do. But as the tinies gained more and more abilities, they proved capable of doing much more. But even a tiny that could lift 100 times his own wieght, couldn't do much more than move a bed around the house. A fire starter could make a blow torch intensity of flame, but not long enough to threaten a human, as some found out the hard way. Even with multiple abilities, tinies were still in danger of being stomped or eaten.

So, they broke off and formed communities of thier own. Breeding to make more powerful offspring with more abilities. When the humans heard about this they became concerned. Some acted out, squashing them out, literally. Obviously that wasn't the only thing the humans did to tinies they captured. But by the time good humans could stop the conflict, the tinies struck back. A few hundred deaths was all the world needed to make a war. Not a very fair war though. An order was given, that the tinies with abilities were to be purged. All traces of anything that could alter a tiny was destroyed and the remaining tinies, wither they took part in the war or not, were no longer protected. The humans could do whatever they wanted with them, when found. By the time 10 years passed from the war, only 1 sect of powered tinies remained. They hid out, till it died down.

This group of Tinies were called the Backbreakers. They became legends, but not in some revolutionary way. They decided that, rather than become a threat to be purged, they would become an asset to be desired. They would help humans, clean their houses, operate as covert spies, and anything that a powered tiny would excel at. In a sense, they were the invisible servants, unknown to even the human masters they served. Usually, the only proof they were there was what was done. Like a mess of a home becoming constantly as clean as a whistle, regardless of how much the occupants messed it up, or a sudden file folder on a CIA operative's desk with information of a... task they were persuing. But sense they only numbered in the hundereds in the world, they were rarely anywhere. Even more so, because they died in service, like any other tiny found by humans, they were considered a pest. That was what tinies were now, pests. They lived in the wild or in houses, stealing food and barely surviving. Sure, some were more able or made friends with a human, but a majority of the time, they were pests. Enough so that house cats had a new source of meat.

So, this is what you are. Sent alone into the world to be of use. You are new to this, and travel along. But what are you???

You have the following choices:

1. A tiny male Backbreaker

*Noteb*
2. A tiny female Backbreaker

*Noteb*
3. A tiny male

*Noteb*
4. A tiny female

5. other

*Noteb* indicates the next chapter needs to be written.
Members who added to this interactive
story also contributed to these:

Story Outline   · Recent Additions

© Copyright 2024 kamper (UN: kamperkonkel at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
kamper has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work within this interactive story. Poster accepts all responsibility, legal and otherwise, for the content uploaded, submitted to and posted on Writing.Com.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/1916392-The-Backbreakers/cid/1520616-Backbreakers