*Magnify*
Path to this Chapter:
  1. A Royal Invitation
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/1917654-MLP-FiM---HSA-Royalty-Edition/cid/1525361-A-Royal-Invitation
Rated: 18+ · Interactive · Romance/Love · #1917654
An alternate version of my original MLP interactive.
Chapter #1

A Royal Invitation

    by: GWriter
It was a bright summer day in Ponyville. It's been two weeks since the end of your junior year in high school, and up till now, you haven't done jack. The last eventful thing that happened was when Twilight was coronated as a princess, but that was a week and a half ago. Earlier this morning, you, Spike and Twilight had received a letter from Princess Celestia to catch the 11:00 AM train to Canterlot. It was now 10:55, and you and Twilight are waiting in the cabin for the train to leave.


"Why do you think Aun- I mean Celestia wants us to come to Canterlot so early in the morning?" you ask.


"She must have an important thing for us to do," Twilight presumes. "She did invite the others, after all."


"If that's the case, why would she need me and Spike?" you ask. "We don't have Elements of Harmony like you and the others."


"True, but that doesn't make you two useless," says the alicorn.


"Yes it does!" says a pony coming towards you.


"Good morning to you too, Rainbow Dash," you say with an irritated tone.


"Now is that any way t' talk to somebody?" says another pony wearing a brown cowgirl hat.


"Applejack is right, Rainbow Dash," says a unicorn with an indigo colored mane.


"Oh, I'm sure Dashie was just joking!" says a bubbly, pink coated earth pony.


"Exactly, Pinkie Pie," says the pegasus. "I was only joking."


"Um... everybody..." says a shy pegasus that was just walking in. "I think the train is about to leave."


You look at your watch. "Thanks for the heads up Fluttershy," you say. "We should all sit down."


So for the next forty five minutes, you and your friends ride the train all the way to Canterlot, with you drawing in your sketchbook the whole way there. When you all get to Canterlot Castle, you're greeted by the three princesses, Celestia, Luna and Cadance.


"I hope you all had a pleasant trip," says Celestia. "You must be wondering why I invited you here." You all nod your heads in agreement.


"Well, there are two reasons," she explains. "After months of negotiation, the Canterlot empire has finally settled a treaty with the Changelings."


You and the other ponies drop your jaws in shock. If that wasn't shocking enough, out of nowhere, Chrysalis, the queen of the Changelings, shows up. Fluttershy nearly faints from the stress of it all.


"Celestia speaks the truth," she says. "It was a long debate, but we've decided to let go of our differences."


"We know this is a shock to all of you," says Luna, "but we can assure you that Chrysalis means no harm." Cadance nods her head in agreement.


"Secondly, I heard you all have been having a rather dull summer, so far, so I've invited all of you to stay here at the castle for three weeks!" say Celestia.


You and your friends immediately cheer up, happy to know that you'll be staying at the castle.


"There is one issue though," says Luna. "There are only three available guest bedrooms with two beds each, so someone will be the 'odd one out,' as they say."


"NOT IT!" says the other ponies. You were always so slow when it came to that. Even Fluttershy was quicker than you. So now you have nowhere to sleep. Sometimes you wish you were Spike's size so that a small cushion would suffice for a suitable bed.


"Now, I'm sure you don't want to share a bed with one of the girls..." says Celestia.


She was right. There were several reasons why that would be a bad idea.


1. Twilight hogs the sheets.
2. Rainbow Dash snores.
3. Pinkie Pie would most likely prank you in your sleep.
4. Rarity would want her privacy.
5. Applejack kicks in her sleep.
6. Fluttershy is too timid to have a boy sleep in the same bed as her.


Celestia continues. "...so you'll just have to sleep with one of us," she says, referring to her, the other princesses, and Chrysalis.


"Don't look at me," says the queen. "I prefer to sleep alone."


"I have no problem with it," says Luna.


"I'm sure Shining Armor won't mind you sharing a room with me since he trusts you," says Cadance.


"And you can always share a bed with your dear old aunt," says Celestia. The very second she says that, you knew what was going to follow. As you predicted everyone laughed at you, Rainbow Dash being the loudest. Even Fluttershy was laughing at your expense. Luna and Cadance look at each other, embarrassed for you, while Chrysalis chuckles in amusement.


"Did I say something funny?" asks Celestia, totally oblivious to how embarrassed you are. She may be the royal princess and all, but she can be really dense when it comes to things like this. "Anyway, it's your call."


Who do you choose to bunk with?

You have the following choices:

1. Celestia

2. Luna

3. Cadance

Members who added to this interactive
story also contributed to these:

Story Outline   · Recent Additions

© Copyright 2024 GWriter (UN: gwriter at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
GWriter has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work within this interactive story. Poster accepts all responsibility, legal and otherwise, for the content uploaded, submitted to and posted on Writing.Com.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/1917654-MLP-FiM---HSA-Royalty-Edition/cid/1525361-A-Royal-Invitation