*Magnify*
Path to this Chapter:
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/1932810-Thieves/cid/1675990-Its-your-female-friends-headless-body
Rated: 18+ · Interactive · Adult · #1932810
Mysterious thieves are collecting heads and bodies
This choice: It's your female friend's headless body  •  Go Back...
Chapter #2

It's your female friend's headless body

    by: Slainte
Hearing a scream of terror, your first instinct was to go and investigate. The voice had sounded oddly familiar, and that only spurred you on to move quicker. While the field is usually pretty well managed, there are bits and pieces that have been overgrown. Some abandoned athletic equipment sits along the treeline at the far end, right near where you heard the shouts from. A bit apprehensively, you enter the shin-high grass, minding anything that might be in it as you look for the source of the scream.

What you see at first makes your heart stop in your chest, and for a second you have to look away to try and tell yourself you were seeing things. When your nerves finally allow you to look back, your fear is confirmed. Laying in the grass, moderately visible, is the body of your friend Rebecca. You know it's her because of the outfit it has on; a plaid skirt that extends to the knee, a green camisole with a white v-neck shirt underneath, she's the only one you know who dresses like that. Finding her body laying there wasn't what got to you though, or not exactly. Upon closer inspection, you found her head to be missing entirely! Expecting a gory mess at the scene, you were baffled to find not a single trace of blood anywhere. In fact, as you moved around to inspect the alien scene, there was nothing to show for her apparent decapitation, save for the smooth skin where her head once was.

Having moved around to inspect the body, you knelt down to try and see if there were any clues as to what had happened. Hardly a detective, you didn't know what to even begin to look for. Or more importantly, how to even begin searching. Her head was probably a pretty good place to start, but where would you even begin to search for that? How had her head even become detached in the first place?

"Hey Becs!" you shout, hoping by some miracle she can hear you. It was strange, but for some reason you could have sworn you saw her chest rising and falling with breath. How was that possible with no head though? Was her head around here then? Thinking this was some elaborate hoax for a moment, you nervously reached down and placed a finger on her neck to feel for a pulse... And immediately yelped when her hands shot up and grabbed your arm. Trying to pull it away from the headless body's grasp, you watched silently as it sat up, its legs curling by its side as it did so. "Becs...? Can you... Uh, hear me?"

The body didn't seem to respond to your questions at all. However, it did now know that someone was there. Blindly reaching out, Rebecca placed her hands on your face, feeling about as if to try and get some kind of image as to who was with her. After an awkward moment of being examined, she pointed to her head, or the lack thereof, balling her hands into fists and placing them in her lap as her shoulders shook. Even without a head you could tell she was crying.

"Don't cry, I'll fix this." you say awkwardly, forgetting she can't hear you. Smacking yourself mentally for being so clueless, you reach out and hug her, jumping slightly when she returns the gesture. Getting used to a headless body touching you was going to take a while. After a short embrace, the two of you let go of one another, though she keeps hold of one of your hands as not to lose you. Getting up to your feet and helping Rebecca to hers, you have to decide what to do.
Members who added to this interactive
story also contributed to these:

<<-- Previous · Outline   · Recent Additions

© Copyright 2024 Slainte (UN: sprinterxl7 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Gavalar has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work within this interactive story. Poster accepts all responsibility, legal and otherwise, for the content uploaded, submitted to and posted on Writing.Com.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/1932810-Thieves/cid/1675990-Its-your-female-friends-headless-body