*Magnify*
Path to this Chapter:
  1. Into a rare trading card
  2. The surprise
  3. Invited
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/1934652-Best-FriendsRight/cid/1600517-Into-a-rare-trading-card
Rated: E · Interactive · Thriller/Suspense · #1934652
Teen is invited to his best friend's house. (Shrinking/Transformation)
This choice: Into a rare trading card  •  Go Back...
Chapter #3

Into a rare trading card

    by: NEDM (TwoTailedMoon)
Eric browsed through all the options excitedly. It was then he noticed that there was a [scan] button on the side of the gun's frame.

"Hm... that's weird.."

The teen quickly assumed it would probably be a good idea to scan a copy of his best friend just in case.

"Hold on dude, let me scan you into the system"

"Why?"

"Just incase the revert button doesn't work or something, I don't know, better safe than sorry..."

"Yeah, guess you're right, go for it" Tommy replied.

"Eric aimed the gun at Tommy and pressed the yellow [scan] button"

A purple beam shot out that enveloped the teen for a few moments.

Suddenly, text began to form on the screen [scan complete] [subject Tommy has been added to the archive]

"Alright cool, I think it worked" Eric smiled excitedly

"Okay are we going to do this or not?" Tommy was getting impatient.

"Fine fine, let me see"

Something finally caught Eric's eye. A smirk grew on his face as he had found the perfect object.

"How about a Tripecka trading card?" Eric asked

"DO IT!!!" Tommy shouted excitedly.

Eric knew that Tommy would be excited. Tripecka was their favorite trading card game.

"DO IT! DO IT DO IT" Tommy was practically bouncing. This was a chance for a card enthusiast to actually BECOME a card. Tommy couldn't be more excited.

"Which card?" Eric asked as he scrolled through all the different types.

"Green Nova!" he chirped

Eric wasn't surprised. It was no secret that Green nova was Tommy's favorite card in the game.

"Alright! here we go!" Eric aimed the gun and pulled the trigger *FLASH*

There it was. Exactly where Tommy stood was the Green Nova card.

Eric quickly walked over and picked it up. "Woooooow, how does it feel?"

The teen suddenly felt stupid as he remembered that trading cards obviously couldn't talk. In fact, he was starting to wonder if Tommy was even conscious while he was in this form.

The teen walked over to Tommy's desk where a deck of Tommy's other cards sat. He picked one up and compared it to his newly transformed friend.

"Wow, they're completely the same in height, width, and thickness."

Suddenly the sound of Tommy's doorbell rang.

"Huh? who could THAT be?" Eric muttered to himself curiously.

Eric carefully placed Tommy on top of the deck and walked out of the room to see who was there.

Unfortunately, as Eric was checking the front-door, a strong gust of wind blue through Tommy's window. The gust was so strong that the entire deck collapsed off the desk and onto the carpet below.

Eric walked back into the room.

"Annoying girl-scouts" he scowled under his breath.

Finding that the deck had spilled onto the carpet, Eric's whole body tensed.

"SHIT" he ran over and began to pick up all the cards.

He searched nervously for his best friend as he shuffled through them.

Suddenly, the Green Nova card caught his eye.

"Ah ha! Found you!" Eric's fears were alleviated as he pulled it from the pile.

Quickly shuffling the rest of the cards back into the form of a deck, he slid the newly organized cards into Tommy's nearby cardholder, buttoning it closed tighty.

Alright, that's enough excitement for today Eric spoke as he placed the green nova card on the ground.

Picking up the gun, he aimed it at his friend.

He pressed the [revert] button *FLASH*

...
...

Nothing..
...

... Wait what?

[revert] FLASH [revert] FLASH

Eric did this another four times until he realized something was wrong.

"I KNEW THIS WOULD HAPPEN!"

"Good thing I scanned him in...." the teen said as he looked up the [Tommy] setting.

Aiming the gun at the card once more, he pulled the trigger. With a flashing light, Tommy had returned. His body was laid across the carpet as if he were in a deep sleep.

"Phew...I was a little worried there for a moment" Eric sighed.

He walked over to his friend and shook him

"Hey Hey! Tommy wake up!"

Feeling nervous, he placed his head over the teen's chest to listen for a heart beat.

*thump* *thump*

"oh good.... he's just sleeping..."

Eric immediately assumed that the gun must have put him into sleep-mode while he was turned into a card.

"Alright... I guess I'll let you rest.."

He carefully pulled his friend off the floor and into his bed.

"I guess I'll see you tomorrow dude..." He whispered softly.

Before leaving the room, his eyes stopped on Tommy's card holder.

("mm... Maybe he wouldn't mind if I borrowed it for a little while..")

Not giving it another thought, Eric picked up the holder and walked out of Tommy's house.

You have the following choices:

1. Mistakes happen

2. Reader's choice

Members who added to this interactive
story also contributed to these:

<<-- Previous · Outline   · Recent Additions

© Copyright 2024 NEDM (TwoTailedMoon) (UN: twotailedmoon at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
NEDM (TwoTailedMoon) has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work within this interactive story. Poster accepts all responsibility, legal and otherwise, for the content uploaded, submitted to and posted on Writing.Com.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/1934652-Best-FriendsRight/cid/1600517-Into-a-rare-trading-card