*Magnify*
Path to this Chapter:
  1. The surprise
  2. Invited
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/1934652-Best-FriendsRight/cid/1599881-The-surprise
Rated: E · Interactive · Thriller/Suspense · #1934652
Teen is invited to his best friend's house. (Shrinking/Transformation)
This choice: (transformation gun)  •  Go Back...
Chapter #2

The surprise

    by: NEDM (TwoTailedMoon)
Tommy quickly slammed the door behind Eric and pulled the teen up the stairs to his room.

"So *pant* what *pant* exactly is it that you want to *pant* show me?" Eric ask exasperatedly.

"Yoooou'lll seeeee" Tommy mused playfully.

Eventually the two teens made it into Tommy's bedroom. It was about average size. light blue walls, thick deep blue carpeting. The floor was scattered with various knickknacks and toys. playing cards, action figures, a remote controlled car and various discarded pieces of clothing all over the place. It was a little messy, but it was only natural for a boy his age. Various shelves covered the walls which were holding up papercraft models and rock collections. He also had a TV and a gaming system as well.

"Alright, lets see it" Eric was starting to become suspicious of whatever Tommy had to show him was really all that special at all. "Don't tell me this is just another one of those fake rare trading cards"

"Hey! They're not stupid!" Tommy scowled. The boy walked over to his closet and pulled out a red shoebox. "THIS is what I want you to see"

"A shoe box?... common man... really?" Eric rolled his eyes sarcastically.

Tommy smirked as he pulled the lid open. Eric's face suddenly went from unenthusiastic to curious.

"What IS that..."

Inside the box was what looked like toy lazer gun with a phone sized touch screen. Tommy pulled out the gun, gripping it in his hand.
"You suuuuuuure you wanna see?" there was a hint of spite in his words.

"Alright alright, you win, it's pretty cool looking...but really..."

Without any further dialog Tommy faced the left side of his room where his brown desk and chair were positioned. He aimed the gun at chair and started pressing a few commands on the touch screen.

Just as Eric was about to ask again, Tommy pulled the trigger, shooting out a bright beam of blue light that quickly enveloped the entire chair. When the light had subsided Eric's jaw dropped.

The Chair and desk were now yellow!

"Woah! How did you do that?"

"This gun can change the properties of whatever I shoot it with; any property I want"

"DUDE! WHERE DID YOU GET THAT THING?"

"I found it in my dad's lab after he left the state"

Eric stared at the gun and imagined all the fun opportunities the two of them could have with it.

"so, what else can it d-" Tommy cut you off

"No, what CAN'T it do..." he replied smugly.

----
For the next hour the two boys experimented with the gun on various objects in Tommy's room. They turned a few of his old playing cards into bars of chocolate, morphed a sock into a fan, Transformed his old baseball mitt into a toaster. There wasn't ANYTHING the device couldn't do.

The display screen on the device had a search option that allowed you to select virtually any object you desired. There was even a [revert] button that changed all the objects back to their original forms.

Suddenly, an idea formed in Eric's mind.

"Hey, do you think we could even ....transform ourselves?"

Tommy looked a bit confused at first. He must have not even considered trying that.

"Well... I guess. I mean... maybe we should try it on something living before I do that..."

The both of the teens seemed to have the same idea as they turned their attention to Tommy's hamster cage. Inside was a male hamster Tommy had named Gear.

"Dude, you don't have to if you don't want to..." Even though Eric had said this, he still were very curious.

"No, I want to see what happens too..." Tommy replied slowly. The teen pulled the hamster out of the cage and placed it on the carpet below.

"Good luck Gear" Tommy spoke as he aimed. He had set the result option as [Lamp]

With a blinding flash the hamster was gone. In it's place, all that remained was a silver lamp.

"woooah, it does work on living things..." Eric muttered. "Alright, turn him back now"

Tommy clicked the [revert] switch and shot the lamp.

As if he nothing had happened at all, Gear was back, scurrying across the floor like had been moments ago.

"Well... that settles it" Eric spoke. "So....you wanna try?" he continued.

Tommy reached down and grabbed Gear, placing him onto his bed "....Lets do it..." he replied.

The both of them were admittedly excited but also kind of nervous. Was this really a good idea? Would this even work properly with humans?

"Here" Tommy said as he gave Eric the gun. "You do me first"

".... Are you sure?" Deep down Eric were kind of relieved that his friend had volunteered to go first.

"Yeah..JUST DON'T MAKE ME INTO SOMETHING STUPID OR GIRLY" He glared

"haaah, fine fine" Eric looked down into the display and began to think of things he could turn Tommy into....


You have the following choices:

1. Something unexpected happens [hamster]

2. Into a rare trading card

3. Turn him into a grape

4. Turn him into a sock

5. More choices

Members who added to this interactive
story also contributed to these:

<<-- Previous · Outline   · Recent Additions

© Copyright 2024 NEDM (TwoTailedMoon) (UN: twotailedmoon at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
NEDM (TwoTailedMoon) has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work within this interactive story. Poster accepts all responsibility, legal and otherwise, for the content uploaded, submitted to and posted on Writing.Com.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/1934652-Best-FriendsRight/cid/1599881-The-surprise