*Magnify*
Path to this Chapter:
  1. James confronts you.
  2. James.
  3. Magic or science!?
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/1938545-The-Mad-Scientist/cid/1659884-James-confronts-you
Rated: 18+ · Interactive · Sci-fi · #1938545
One of your relatives is a mad scientist and will change your life.
This choice: James confronts you.  •  Go Back...
Chapter #4

James confronts you.

    by: Scifiwizard Retired
"Hey, Jessica." startling you, James said. "Long time no see, huh?"

You spun around and saw James walking into the room. Seeing him, you felt a mixture of emotions. You were happy to see him back after a year of absence but also sad as part of you still felt responsible. On top of that, you felt anxious as you did not know how long he had been standing there. "How much did he see?" nervous, you thought. "Did he see me use magic, does he think I'm a freak?"

James walked up and gave you a warm hug. "I really missed you." releasing you, he said. "I'm sorry I could not tell anyone where I was going." pausing, he added, "I'm not really supposed to tell you but recent events have changed all of that."

"Tell me what?" whispering, you asked.

James took a breath. "We possess a specific number of unique gene which allows us to open up millions of neuron pathways within our brain that are inaccessible to normal human beings." looking at you, he began. "These and other factors allow the males within our bloodline to generate, harness, and control chaotic energy which in turn..."

Your brother was completely losing you with his technological speech. "Um, James." wincing, you said, interrupting him. "If you don't mind... in English, please."

James sighed. "I'm a mad scientist, so is dad." serious, he said. "Tex and Mat will be as well when the time is right." he summoned a sphere of electricity to his hand. "I had to leave for a year for training."

"I'm in a family of mad scientists?" startled and confused, you asked.

"Don't worry, we are not like those they depict in the movies and books." with a rueful smile, James said. "However, only boys can work this power." he then whispered, "There is one other thing... where the hell did you get a magic book!? Teaching yourself such a power is not only reckless, its dangerous!"

James then...

You have the following choices:

1. demanded you explain yourself.

*Noteb*
2. took your magic book.

*Noteb*
3. took the chaotic science book.

*Noteb* indicates the next chapter needs to be written.
Members who added to this interactive
story also contributed to these:

<<-- Previous · Outline   · Recent Additions

© Copyright 2024 Scifiwizard Retired (UN: scilock at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Scifiwizard Retired has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work within this interactive story. Poster accepts all responsibility, legal and otherwise, for the content uploaded, submitted to and posted on Writing.Com.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/1938545-The-Mad-Scientist/cid/1659884-James-confronts-you