*Magnify*
Path to this Chapter:
  1. Show Down
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/1950252-Devil-May-Cry-Shrink/cid/1655390-Show-Down
Rated: 18+ · Interactive · Adult · #1950252
When a demon shrinks around demons and demon hunters...
Chapter #1

Show Down

    by: anklechain22
(( This takes place in DMC4 when Nero fights Dante over the Yamato))

“C'mon kid, you can't beat me.” The legendary demon hunter gestured to himself with this thumbs casually seeming not to notice the younger halfbreed lunging at him, sword a blaze.

“Fuck you!” Nero snarled, his blade sweeping toward Dante's head at point blank range, the halfbreed put all of his strength into the blow, he wasn't going to fuck up again and have that annoying fucker Dante survive an other should-be death blow. How dare he endanger Kyrie and kill the head priest and act so cocky and nonchalant as though he did nothing wrong. He murdered members of Nero's church, aside from Credo they were practically his home whether or not he actually enjoyed the “Hail Sparda” bullshit. His arms tensed up as he prepared to feel flesh rend from bone as the sword, the order gave him, should have been cutting through the other halfbreed. But there was nothing there, just air, the force and momentum Nero had thrown into that attack caused him to stumble forward. Before he could regain his balance he felt a heavy blow to his back that knocked him to the floor and then felt the tread of Dante's boot pin him there and grind into his back.

This was all too easy, but the kid had spirit, the older demon had to at least give him that. He grinned at the younger demon under his boot and gave it another twist, making the platinum hair male cry out in frustration. “I told yah kid, you wont beat me. I've killed demons with ten times the experience and power than anything you've thrown at me.” The older male brought a hand to his mouth and yawned before rolling the male over with his foot and planting his heavy boot on top of his thick chest with enough force to knock the air out of him. Was this kid really another halfbreed with Sparda's blood? Who cares, the fact was he had his brother's sword. If he was going to swing that sword around he better damn well be deserving of it, that sword did not belong to any coward. “Tell you what, I'll letcha keep that sword. But.. well why do you need it so bad kid? You got a perfectly fine one that nutjob Sanctus gave yah.”

The platinum haired cocky youth snarled. That was all this was to the older male.. a game to see whether or not he was worthy to wield the yamato? “Kyrie is gone and there's gates opening up all over the fuckin world. Why the fuck am I explaining this to you, you've seen it. I need that power so I can stop all those demons and protect my city. What the hell do you-- GAH” The boot ground its heel into his chest to shut him up.

“Kids, always dart around questions. No you dumbass I'm asking why THAT sword. That thing belongs in my family you know, I'm not gonna just letcha take it just because you think it looks spiffy.” The demon chuckled to himself and then crossed his lean, toned arms getting a little impatient with the kid. Maybe he should just take the sword back and finish off all these amateur demons himself.

“Well I guess that makes us bros then huh?” He spat at Dante. “My devil powers, my arm and leg they react to the sword. They get stronger, a lot stronger when I have it. And when I'm not using it... it somehow just gets... sucked up into my arm as if they're one. I need that power.”

So the kid WAS an heir to Sparda, not only that but he could subjugate weapons and objects enfused with Sparda's energy or the energy of his descendents... “Interesting...” Dante mumbled to himself, tapping his lip with a finger but still keeping that mischievous grin of his. He couldn't just kill off another member of his family, even if this kid was very distantly related. But he couldn't let that sword risk being lost again, or worse captured by that bunch of retards, the Order. “I gotta test your willpower. Sure you're gonna fight and keep fighting but.. are you willin to do -anything- to save your city. No matter how strange or humiliating? What happens if you're thrown in a situation and you can't rely on just senselessly brawling your opponent down. I wanna test your resolve.”

*Noteb* indicates the next chapter needs to be written.
Members who added to this interactive
story also contributed to these:

Story Outline   · Recent Additions

© Copyright 2024 anklechain22 (UN: anklechain22 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
anklechain22 has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work within this interactive story. Poster accepts all responsibility, legal and otherwise, for the content uploaded, submitted to and posted on Writing.Com.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/1950252-Devil-May-Cry-Shrink/cid/1655390-Show-Down