*Magnify*
Path to this Chapter:
  1. The Beginning
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/1972796-The-Longsword/cid/1730280-The-Beginning
by Hole
Rated: 18+ · Interactive · Fantasy · #1972796
A tale of magic longsword that can cut off body parts and let them live.
Chapter #1

The Beginning

    by: PlayerOne
You are John, an 18-year old fresh out of high school. After a boring day of classes, you decide to take the scenic route on your way back to your house in the suburbs.

While walking, you see a group of kids huddling around a rock, and trying to pull something out. After shooing the kids away, you look at what they were hiding and upon closer examination, you find a mediaeval-styled longsword. So, enacting out one of your favorite scenes from The Sword in the Stone you yank the sword out. You try to cover the sword up as best you can with your jacket, and carry it all the way back home.

Once in your room, you pull the sword out and take a better look at it. You see the sword was made with shining steel that has eroded over time, and the hilt of the sword has a small dial. Just as you're about to turn it, a letter falls out from your jacket pocket.

The letter reads:
Dear finder of my sword,
I am a great mage who has left his sword to whomever can retrieve it from my enchanted stone. This sword has several modes, however all follow the same premise that the sword can cut any body part, but allow the owner to retain ownership of their limb, until it is reattached. Currently, the sword will not exhibit this skill until the sword's dial is changed into a mode. Be prudent, however, as once a mode is chosen, it is locked that way for 100 years!

Now, I will list out the modes for you to choose:


(Please choose what mode you would like to use)

You have the following choices:

1. Normal Mode

2. Reality Change Mode

3. Replacement Mode

4. Incognito Mode

5. More Options

Members who added to this interactive
story also contributed to these:

Story Outline   · Recent Additions

© Copyright 2024 PlayerOne (UN: playerone at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Hole has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work within this interactive story. Poster accepts all responsibility, legal and otherwise, for the content uploaded, submitted to and posted on Writing.Com.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/1972796-The-Longsword/cid/1730280-The-Beginning