*Magnify*
Path to this Chapter:
  1. Single Male
  2. Master... PC?
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/1980475-Master-PC-Professional-Edition/cid/1756442-Single-Male
Rated: 18+ · Interactive · Adult · #1980475
Someone receives a program that lets them alter parts of their world.
This choice: Single Male  •  Go Back...
Chapter #2

Single Male

    by: Slim McKenzie
Meet Alex. A young, single male in his early 30s, working day in and day out at his desk job. He wouldn't say he hates his job, but then, he certainly doesn't love it either.

Lets meet some key members of his team:

His boss, Trish, is nice enough. A slightly older woman, still keeps herself in shape, which certainly helps motivate coming in to work on a daily basis. It's generally assumed around the office that Trish will probably never be promoted any higher than her current job, but that doesn't prevent her from trying.

One of his peers, Staci, is pretty much assumed to be trying to sleep her way to the top. She started as a secretary just a year ago, and now is responsible for managing clients just about the same value as Alex (who's been here for almost 10 years).

Another of his peers, Eric, is the guy you take with you when you're entertaining a new prospective client - but you don't ask him to follow up on anything. He's a good guy, but not particularly dependable. Alex and Eric go out for drinks every couple weeks, just to catch up.

One morning, after a particularly boring meeting, he gets an email from an unknown email address - which most certainly should have been blocked by the companies email filters.

"Please find the attached program, Master PC. Use it to tweak, alter, or completely change your life!"

"Oh hell, " Alex thinks, "Might as well try it. It's a company PC, and they shouldn't have let it through if they didn't want me to try it." He executes the file, and installs it to his work laptop.

"Lets see... " as he scans his desktop for the icon... "Ah! here we go!" A double click, and the program starts up.

Greetings, Alex is displayed on the screen, while a variety of progress bars go whipping by. "Oh, I hope it's not deleting my files..." and then, displayed on the screen in great detail, is him. A fully rendered 3D model, in all his "out of shape" glory.

"Wow, that's quite the prank..." as he looks at the model of himself. He sees a search bar, and think "Hrm, I guess I could search for someone in the office."

He punches in Trish's name, and an equally detailed model shows up on the screen. "Holy crap... what if..." He sees a variety of sliders, buttons, text fields, all describing Trish in very explicit details. "Huh... 'Daddy Issues', guess I could have seen that one..."

"What should I try first?" Alex thinks, whimsically to himself...

You have the following choices:

1. Self-improvement

*Noteb*
2. Change Trish

3. Change Staci

*Noteb*
4. Change Eric

*Noteb*
5. Wait to test it at home

*Noteb* indicates the next chapter needs to be written.
Members who added to this interactive
story also contributed to these:

<<-- Previous · Outline   · Recent Additions

© Copyright 2024 Slim McKenzie (UN: slimmckenzie at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Slim McKenzie has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work within this interactive story. Poster accepts all responsibility, legal and otherwise, for the content uploaded, submitted to and posted on Writing.Com.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/1980475-Master-PC-Professional-Edition/cid/1756442-Single-Male