*Magnify*
Path to this Chapter:
  1. Tests the floor portal
  2. Brief introduction
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/1983547-Portal-Problems/cid/1768979-Tests-the-floor-portal
Rated: E · Interactive · Thriller/Suspense · #1983547
Portals, inter-dimentional shrinking, boys. Maybe some other stuff
This choice: Tests the floor portal  •  Go Back...
Chapter #2

Tests the floor portal

    by: NEDM (TwoTailedMoon)
The massive hatch on the floor began to open with a loud low grind. A bright light shined through the space between the metal doors as they split from each other. As the space between them grew larger, it was easier to make out the bluish swirling vortex that was slowly filling up the floor like a raging pond. With a thud, the doors finished opening to completion.

“Looking good so far..” The excited scientist muttered as he stared down at the incredible portal.

His next task was to create a secondary portal to connect it with. With his control monitor, he could create another ‘portable’ portal anywhere within a mile radius. In order to test-view the second portal properly within his lab, he needed to make it significantly smaller than the ‘home’ portal; He simply hadn’t accommodated enough room for a third full sized portal within the relatively small space.

After entering the specific coordinates, he slapped the enter key.

Nearly a foot away from him, foot-long circular portal appeared before him. With its arrival, the swirling [home] vortex across the floor suddenly went still; almost as if the waves of the raging pond were suddenly made flat as a mirror. The two portals had been connected. As he stared into the smaller portal in front of him, It was almost as if he was looking at a monitor that was recording the entire lab from below.

“Amazing…..It really worked. It’s a success!” The scientist was beside himself with pride.

In all the excitement, the scientist quickly flooded with the desire to show someone the results of his hard work!

You have the following choices:

1. A boy he used to babysit

2. Reader's Choice

3. Reader's choice

*Noteb*
4. Reader's choice

*Noteb*
5. Reader's choice

*Noteb* indicates the next chapter needs to be written.
Members who added to this interactive
story also contributed to these:

<<-- Previous · Outline   · Recent Additions

© Copyright 2024 NEDM (TwoTailedMoon) (UN: twotailedmoon at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
NEDM (TwoTailedMoon) has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work within this interactive story. Poster accepts all responsibility, legal and otherwise, for the content uploaded, submitted to and posted on Writing.Com.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/1983547-Portal-Problems/cid/1768979-Tests-the-floor-portal