*Magnify*
Path to this Chapter:
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/1983560-Rental-Life/cid/1835630-George-Hulls--38-year-old-married-man
Rated: 18+ · Interactive · Adult · #1983560
A major medical breakthrough allows for people to rent out their life
This choice: George Hulls- 38 year old married man  •  Go Back...
Chapter #2

George Hulls- 38 year old married man

    by: The Head Swapper
George Hulls hated his life up to this point. He worked a shitty cubicle job, was stuck in a sexless marriage, and had two ungrateful children who constantly complained about the different kinds of toys they wanted. George was at his ends and needed to do something to get out of it all.

About 2 years ago George read in the newspaper about Newlife's miraculous ability to allow for complete strangers to live one another's life. It was everything George had wanted. It gave him a way out of his life while making sure that someone would remain behind to take care of his family. George knew that he had to get a membership with Newlife, but the only obstacle in his way was the $20,000 membership fee. For nearly two years George worked his ass off working overtime and desperately tried to gain promotions which he eventually did.

About three days ago George had finally made the last amount of money to get his $20,000 sum. Now that he had the money George's only problem was whether to tell his wife Sarah or not. George knew she would freak out at him if he told her. She would probably take the money out of his savings account since she knew his banking information. So after long deliberation George decided not to tell his wife.

His last night at home was hectic as usual. His kids complained about not being able to stay up late and his wife complained about George's appearance. His wife Sarah wasn't a looker by any means, but neither was George. Standing 5'11 weighing 260 pounds with his balding scalp, and glasses did not help George in the looks department. George shrugged off the complaints and pretended to work on some forms for work. After waiting for everyone to go to bed, George grabbed his keys and drove to Newlife.

His adrenaline was rushing and he felt like a million little butterflies were floating in his stomach. George was so eager that he got to Newlife about 6 hours before they opened. Eventually he fell asleep in his car.

George awoke the next morning right at 6 am when Newlife opened. George walked in and was greeted by a beautiful 20 some year old secretary...

"Welcome to Newlife! How may I help you today?"

"Hi. Yeah...I was wondering if I could sign up for a membership?"

"Sure thing. How long of a membership do you want?"

Geroge was taken back, "There's different memberships?"

The secretary sighed, "We've run into some financial woes recently. More and more people want less time consuming memberships. They get tired of switching bodies every month so they decide to take either month long or half year plans. We still have our permanent membership, but we have a new policy with the full membership. Since some members recognize the names of potential candidates to switch research their livelihood before switching, we've had to go to a fully randomized selection process. This means you have no input into where you go, or whose body your head is put on."

"Well shit" George muttered. He knew he had an option, but he knew that there was no way he'd be willing to go back to his old life. He hated it, despised it. It's what made him work his ass off for two years get here.

George had made his mind up and informed the secretary of his decision, "I'll get the permanent membership."

George and the secretary handled the paperwork and after signing some forms George was led into what looked like a doctor's room except for a large tube sitting in the corner of the office. The secretary asked George to take a seat. Eventually a doctor came in and introduced himself, "I'm Doctor Simpson. I'll be your transfer surgeon."

George had a few questions, "Any idea who I'll be?"

The Doctor chuckled, "Sorry sir. Can't tell you. It'll break Newlife policy. Just go stand in the tube over there. You'll be introduced to the nanites who will remove your head. Your head will be kept alive by the machines as we transfer your head to your destination and new body."

George was growing with anticipation and was ushered into the machine.

The Doctor gave George some last advice, "Don't move too much and you should be fine. More likely than not you'll end up somewhere else so I probably won't see you for awhile. Your membership calls for you to switch every month so make sure you come back."

Suddenly George's vision went black.

George awoke with a sudden flash of light. It felt like he had simply dozed off and was jolted awake. He was breathing pretty intensely when he heard a woman's voice with a southern drawl, "Hello George. Welcome to Georgia. From now on I'll have to call you by your new name."

"What's my new name?" George asked in response.

Looks like you're now Lexi Summers. She's

You have the following choices:

1. 21 year old white sorority gal

*Noteb*
2. A 35 year old trophy wife

*Noteb*
3. An African American Prositute

4. A pornstar

5. other

*Noteb* indicates the next chapter needs to be written.
Members who added to this interactive
story also contributed to these:

<<-- Previous · Outline   · Recent Additions

© Copyright 2024 The Head Swapper (UN: riff317 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
The Head Swapper has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work within this interactive story. Poster accepts all responsibility, legal and otherwise, for the content uploaded, submitted to and posted on Writing.Com.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/1983560-Rental-Life/cid/1835630-George-Hulls--38-year-old-married-man